*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

This thread is the first i've heard of delayed cord clamping. I just took a tour of the birthing center and while they talked about the kangaroo stuff, and baby rooming in, they did not mention anything about cord clamping, so I'm guessing its not standard practice here. I will have to ask my MW at my 34 week appt.

I also have not packed my bag. Got a list from the hospital this weekend of what i should bring and it is way smaller than i expected. This whole process is going to be wild. DH was shocked when he heard that some women are in labor for 24+ hours and neither of us has any concept of what that will be like. I just can't imagine not eating for that long! no food + no sleep = no energy = lower threshold for pain, is how i see it, which worries me as i don't want an epidural. trying not to think about that quite yet, however.

LO is super wiggly in the evenings. and she seems to get the hiccups after i drink anything with ice. its kinda funny :)

I washed 2 loads of baby clothes from my shower last night. I can't believe how many clothes i have now....probably way overkill. I'm starting to feel down that I can't set up the nursery as we are moving 2 weeks after she is born, and until then she is just going to sleep in my room. This makes me feel so much less prepared :(

Yay!!!!!!!! I have done my first little bit of preparation!! I finally put out first few things away in the new wardrobe!! I fully intended to pack the hospital bag as I went along but to be honest unpacking and putting the things away freaked me out so much that I could not face doing the bag!!!!!!

Here is my little wardrobe with our basics! Not as fancy as some of yours but we aren't doing a nursery until he is in own room!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 13
Lovely toothfairy. I hope you are feeling more prepared!

I had a moment yesterday where I cried for a while just wondering if I was prepared. DH has been and is very supportive and he helped me through it as usual. There are a few small things I still need and I'd like to buy a rocking chair and a toy box for the baby's room before I'd consider it finished. Then there is Christmas shopping which I'm not finished with but I have started. I am nervous about money. I'm just feeling as though I really need to get it all done. My hospital bag is packed but I need a few more things in baby's bag. I just want it all done and ready and I want everything to stay nice and clean until baby comes which is impossible as we live here, lol. I just wonder if I'll ever truly be 100% ready. And I'm just so tired and I have the worst baby brain ever, I'm distracted, anxious, and confused. Sorry just having a rant.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Chloe, you aren't allowed to eat whilst in labour over there? They encourage us to eat little snacks throughout here, to keep up energy. This might not be the case when you've had an epidural though, just incase things don't progress and you need surgery.

Toothfairy - Wardrobe is looking fantastic :yipee: our baby doesn't even have her own wardrobe! She has 2 of our drawers at the moment, but once we are in our new house and she gets her very own room I might get her her own wardrobe ;)

ImSoTired :hugs: it's not uncommon to start feeling like this in these last few weeks, plus all the extra stuff like Xmas and whatnot we have coming up to. You're not alone hun, but you'll be fine :flower:

Hi Snowflakes,

Hope you are all well and things are going smoothly 

Haven't posted in a while, been a bit under the weather with bronchitis and asthma, finally went to doctor and have been put on antibiotics and steroids, as well as an inhaler :( I hate taking anything while preggers but I was just so unwell and needed too. Doing so much better today :)

My sister is in labour as I type! Last I heard she was 5cm.... SO SO EXCITED!!!

Toothfairy loving the very organise wardrobe! Our LO won't have a room for a bit either, didn't want to move dd2 out of her room and downstairs until well after baby and we have a large landing upstairs where we have LO's clothes in draws and his cradle outside our room.

ImSoTired... I dont think anyone can be %100 ready. I think we have like Lolly said a lot on board with Christmas around the corner etc. You are definitely not alone and I get anxious too.

Iam in a three bed and both my girls are refusing to share with each other! Esp my oldest... My youngest has said she will share with the baby? Not sure if Thats such a good idea she will be dressing him up ect i dread to think. I always have my babies in my room till at least one my youngest stopped breathing and would not have made it had we not been in the same room and luckily my husband was a medic and my next door neighbour a nurse, so for my piece of mind he will be with us for the first year i also have an angel mat which was amazing something id recommend if your like me poking them every two seconds lol.

Also just looked on the November thread 6 babies already!!! OMG i find that really scary.....

Man, yesterday wasn't a good day, had my routine midwife appointment only to be told that I had to have a blood test, flu jab and whooping cough jab all in the space of 10 minutes!! Last night was the worst nights sleep I've had since being preggers as I couldn't lay on either side due to the intense pain in both my injected arms!!! Let's hope tonight's a better night as I'm shattered!

Every night is a bad night for me now. My pelvis is just getting worse :( I did speak to the MW about it and she thinks I have SPD, but I'd have to be referred to see the physio and there's currently around a 6 week waiting list :wacko: no good when I'm due in 5! She's given me some exercises to do but I haven't noticed a difference really. Booo hooo :nope: ahhh well, not much longer to go x

Fifi... I feel for you! I had the same yesterday though the cough jab didnt hurt me my ribs on my left hand side hurt all night (may need a new matress I think!) but my right arm is hurting so much! even getting into clothes today was an issue :(

baby is no longer breech! woohoo. Hopefully I get some more good news tomorrow. x

What a terrible day I have been having!
I had a doctors visit scheduled today so was up bright and early for that. On the way there the taxi I was in got rear ended while we were waiting at the traffic lights. This led me to discover I had forgotten my phone at home so I had no dictionary to translate with and couldn't phone anyone for help. Then my doctor just didn't show up! So eventually a guy, who was there with his wife, and who could speak some English came and helped me change to a different doctor. But I had to wait an hour and a half to see the new one. And then I ended up not having all the tests I was supposed to today. Needless to say the whole experience left me feeling very frustrated and actually quite terrified of giving birth in China!
Then I got home and my parents skyped. Turns out my gran is very ill and is now in ICU. I haven't been home in almost two years so its even harder to hear news like this. I'm not sure whether to risk flying home now or not. Its a tough decision.

Sorry to the ladies who are still in pain. My back is giving me trouble but I'm trying to use yoga to help with that.

Aww Beanonorder, such a crappy day :hugs: I hope today is better.

Sorry to hear, sounds like we are all in pain, in one way or another.

34 weeks today for me and Toothfairy :dance: 6 weeks to go but I would not be at all upset if he decides to come the day I turn 37 weeks. I'm ready for him to be out!

Ladies, last night I was awakened out of my sleep with period like pains. They hurt like the dickens. Anyone else experience this?

Oh no Beanonorder, sorry about your day and even more so about your gran :hugs: I hope she gets well soon. It must be very scary living in a country where you don't speak the language? I don't think I could cope!

It does sound like a lot of us are falling apart, I definitely feel like I am anyway. My friend's going to see if she can find her support belt for me to borrow. I hope she can, I could really do with something.

Glad to hear all is going well for you guys, love seeing the photos and hearing about everyone getting ready!! I am almost ready... almost, lol!

Last night OH and I dtd. Afterwards I had a bad BH, painful with back pain as well. Now this morning I'm feeling lots of pressure down low and getting the periody cramps and lower back pain quite a lot. Comes and goes, but nothing regular or anything. I'm just putting my feet up and drinking lots of water, hoping that will help. I don't think it's anything too bad, I'm just really uncomfortable...

*edit*
Just read the newer posts after typing this up, lol! Guess all is not well for us all! Sorry to hear about all the pains and bad news. :( Let's hope things improve for us all!

Just popping in to say hi haven't post for a bit as I was super sick. Feeling alot better now just got cough that can linger due to pregnancy.

Back from my scan. Definitely a boy!! He is spot on at 4lb 15.5oz or 2262grams. Head down for now!!! My BP is in normal range this time but at the high end so I've to get it checked next wk at 35 wks instead if waiting until next scheduled appt at 36 wks. Really wish it was low again!!! It's a little worrying!! All is well in other ways though!!

Yaye, glad scan went great Toothfairy! And glad he is head down. Hopefully bp will stay down too!

Glad he's still a he toothfairy :haha: FX'd yor BP stays down too, it is worrying. Mine was up at my last appt too x

Hi everyone! I've been having a terrible time sleeping these past few days. I thought it was because we went on vacation and I remembered to bring everything except my body pillow. But now that we have been home for two nights it hasn't gotten any better.

Had a checkup yesterday and my BP was up as well. They checked it before I left and it had came down some so we won't have to go back until 36 weeks. It's worrying me though because I had high BP through my entire first pregnancy. They wanted to deliver my son at 37 but I was able to keep my BP down until 38+4 by bedrest and I HATED it. (I feel for the women who are on bedrest for extended periods of time.) Anyway my whole point is if my BP doesn't stay down I could deliever in as little as 20 days (37 weeks). And that scares me lol.

Hmm. that's interesting my BP was up at my 30 week appointment, so she was extra vigilante about checking it again at my 32 week appointment. It was back down though. I go back on Thursday (34 week appointment) so we'll see what happens. Just interesting that we're all having high bp around the same time...

Glad you are feeling better bbygurl!

Juless - that happened to me back at 26 weeks. I just had to lay of the bd for a week or so. I think it's funny that our DHs still want to DTD, even this late in pregnancy. What in the world are they gonna do when we're out of commission for 6 weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->