*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Thanks! Yes, that's my husband. We did a maternity photo shoot last weekend and the shadow one was pretty funny.

I can't believe you ladies are finding any sunshine!!! Dark grey miserable fog here in Yorkshire for the last few days!

ha ha toothfairy i am in north yorkshire was one of them few bright days last week would have no chance now, seen something about snow at the weekend on weather forecast!!

Oh no Toothfairy! Get rid of that thing. Call dr. if you are worried but leave that thing alone.

Excellent shadow photos ladies!

Happy 35 weeks mummy!

Love the shadow pics!!

I only got a growth scan because I haven't gained much weight through pregnancy, so the doctor wanted to check and make sure baby was on track. Otherwise I wouldn't have had a scan after my 19 week one.

I'm with scooby. I wouldn't have had a scan after my 20 week (well 23 when they had to re-scan for missed measurements) if they hadn't found elevated AFP in my blood during one of my blood screenings. That's the only reason I had a growth scan. It was nice to see baby again and luckily nothing is wrong but I would have prefered nothing be wrong in the first place. It caused me a lot of stress and tears!

I love the shadow pics ladies! I often catch my shadow and I'm surprised at how huge I am. My belly is still very round and high. Hoping for a drop soon as I am still so short of breath and baby is always in my ribs and it's so painful. It burns awful!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Looooooooove the shadow pics!! Now I'm going to jump outside as soon as I see some sunshine!!
Toothfairy -- I think your bp's better off without you monitoring it, unless you can use it to meditate with, i.e. take your bp normally and write down the result.... Then lay down on your bed, relax with your feet up, and close your eyes and breathe for 15 minutes, just try to think of you and your bump, then take your bp again. Maybe the results (hopefully they'll be lower) will encourage you to really take time and relax because you'll know it's working?
I had my 32 week app't today, and baby is happy, healthy and big :)

Well ladies I'm in hospital :( admitted for the day and night with high BP. Woke up this morning feeling really off, horrible headache and my vision wasn't great - slightly blurred, and seeing spots. Spoke to my MW who told me to go in to the day assessment unit for a check up and my BP was 141/104 :wacko: crazy high. It's only gone down slightly and then back up again, and my reflexes are off too (not quite sure what that means?). My urine & bloods came back fine thankfully so doesn't look like pre-e, not yet anyway. I got gestational hypertension with DD but not until I was 37w so looks like its happening all over again, just a bit earlier this time. I think they are going to try me on some meds to lower the BP but have to wait for the doctor to do his rounds in the morning, I'll get a better picture of what's going on then.

Hope everyone else is doing better than me!

Sorry to hear you are in the hospital lolly, hopefully they take good care of you and you can get some good rest.

Love all the shadow pics ladies! What a freaking cute idea, too bad it's October in MN -- we don't have the sun here right now :rofl:

Had an appt today, baby is head down and hopefully stays that way! I'm so ready to be done, thinking I have another 7 weeks left just upsets me. I wanna meet my little monster already, but I should probably hold off at least until my baby shower which is next weekend :)

My God we are all a mess :haha:

Lolly - so sorry to hear you are in the hospital, but glad that you recognized the signs and got yourself proper care. Wonderful news that the blood and urine tests came back normal!

Those shadow pics are gorgeous -- not sure if I'll be seeing the sun again before LO is here though. We live in the dreary Pacific Northwest and it pretty much rains from October - June. Maybe I'll have to make myself into a shadow puppet with lights indoors?

I'm swollen up like a manatee - shoes starting not to fit anymore. Keeping up at work takes it all out of me and I'm not sure there is any possible way I can keep going for another 5+ weeks! Got TONS of Braxton Hicks today, seem to get one every time I stand up or walk around. This must be all that fun people were referring to the third trimester as being (eye roll).

I'm still carrying baby quite high too -- no longer able to tell a story without taking a break for air! The need to pee every five minutes has gotten ridiculous this week though. BAby's head has found my bladder for sure!

As for being organized? I can't quite find the energy to do it (nesting? Where are you?). No hospital bag done, nursery still in chaos, and then I start thinking....GAWD, I've got another 6 weeks and 5 days left! I can't figure out how you ladies caring for your other little ones are managing! I can barely take care of myself at this point! :shrug:

I know exactly how you are feeling GenY. I was on the phone with a taxpayer today for 30 minutes and was so out of breath!! Last time I wore real shoes was a week and a half ago and they were tight. I am sticking to flip flops. Not sure what I will wear in the rain though. And BH alllllll day!!

I REALLY need to pack a hospital bag. I think I will start by making a list. 4.5 weeks left for me. Docs want babies out @ 36 weeks.

Oh no lolly! Hate to hear you're in hospital, hoping all the tests will continue to be clear and they can figure out the best way to lower that blood pressure!!

Sorry your BP's are being difficult Lolly and Toothfairy :(

Loving the shadow pics, cute idea!

I became an auntie again yesterday ! My sister had her baby girl! She was quite the star and labored at home until she was 5cm, went to hospital and had baby 4 hours later with just gas and no tears....8lbs 6  I am so proud of her!!! It has made me super excited to meet my LO even more now.

I am on the improve, antibiotics and steroids have really worked on my bronchitis and asthma, thank goodness!

Sending positive vibes to all of you unwell, sore and generally "over it" xx

Lolly, huge :hugs: hope that in the hospital you can relax...thinking of you and sending tons of thoughts!!

GenY, I'm also waiting for my nesting instinct to kick in...have bought a few things here and there but I think I'm in denial waiting for DH to be here -- but I need to kick myself into gear and ensure everything's ready just in case the little one is early...

munch, big congrats to your sister!!

Lolly- somehow I missed your post about being in the hospital. Big hugs and hope you BP goes down!

Lolly, sorry you're in hospital. Hope it all sorts itself out soon.

Shadow pictures are awesome!

I got to see the doctor who speaks English today. She checked the blood tests that were done and said they're all fine. She's told me to go back on the 5th and they'll do the other blood test to make sure the blood issue is resolved and they'll also send me for another scan to see whether my placenta has moved or not.

Thanks to those ladies who offered some encouragement to those of us abroad. Its not easy and its so frustrating not being able to ask your doctor the simplest questions! But I've gotten this far and only 8 weeks to go so I think I can do this!

Oh lolly big big hugs. Really hope they can bring it down and let you go home. Ill check in on you later if I get chance at work. Keep us posted flower xxxxx

Sorry to hear you're in hospital lolly. Hope you're doing better now. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->