*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

It sounds like many of us on our second are feeling the same way. The little things are what is worrying me the most. How am I going to grocery shop with two? and other things like that. My hubby says I'm being crazy! But he is so sweet and always calms me down when I'm having a breakdown lol. My DS is three and a half and is so excited about the baby. I hope he is as welcoming when she gets here.

For a little laugh- My friend found a t-shirt and onesie matching set that says "I Make Adorable Babies" and "Adorable Baby". She's going to try and get a t-shirt for DS too. :haha:

So glad I am not alone. This is my first and I def have the "what have I gotten myself into?" thoughts. I worry about little things - like the baby not sleeping through the night. This might sound lazy but sleep is something DH and I love. We both work 12 hour shifts and so if we can sleep in late or just cuddle for a daytime nap, we are happy. There is no going back now. My life is about to change forever. eeek! DH thinks I am a crazy woman. I do agree that keeping busy doing little things - like cleaning and getting the nursery ready - keeps my mind off the worrying.
Thanks ladies, for making me feel normal. :)

I'm with all u second time mommy's. I think the hardest part for me is my DD will only b 13 months old

Everything is just 100x intensified with all these raging hormones! It's great having all you ladies to laugh and cry and worry with though :hugs:

Here's my bump today @ 35+1;

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/Untitled-1.jpg

I agree, much easier to have the extra support of people who understand!! :)

Lolly, great bump! I'm going to take another at 35 weeks, if I remember, lol!
Anyone else in the path of, or going to be affected by Hurricane Sandy? We're not in the direct path, as of right now, but it will cause us problems! REALLY hoping it's over before Halloween as I'm super excited to take DD trick or treating!

Yikes, is it going to be a small hurricane or one of those that wrecks loads of things? I don't know how you deal with any kind of hurricane to be fair, I think I'd crap my pants :rofl: we don't get any here, not major ones anyway. There might be a little one every year that knocks a few tiles off somebody's roof and blows a tree over :lol:

Lots of wind and rain here in Florida from the hurricane but nothing major. It's actually cooled it down a lot and made it bearable to be outside.

Oh Halloween candy! I cannot lay off the mini tootsie rolls. My treat each night is a huge glass of milk and a handful of chocolate chewy goodness. Of course I sneak them while in the bathtub so DH doesn't find out. I'm sure it's going to look very suspicious when kids show up at our door and half the bag is missing!

DH and I had portraits done last weekend, we've only seen a few of them but I'm pleased with the results!

Attachments

• blocks.jpg
    blocks.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 8
  • justus.jpg
    justus.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 7
Scooby - so sweet with the blocks!! And the two of you look lovely - so happy!!
Lilly -- lol -- sneaking tootsie rolls sounds hilarious :)

Scooby, great pics! You look fantastic :)

What is a tootsie roll!? They sound amazing!

Good morning ladies. Gorgeous photos!!!

It was me who originally said the other day I was having what have I done thoughts after finishing one of my part time jobs. Well I went out for a meal with the team from my 2nd part time job that I finish from on Wednesday last night. Now I feel 100 times worse. I have hardly slept with worry about how much life is going to change. I say there last night having a giggle thinking how I've changed my mind and I want to keep working!!!! It all seems too real and too soon now. I feel really flat and frightened.

Fab bump pic Lolly! Toostie rolls are just little rolls of chocolate

Scooby those photos are just adorable!

Lilly, I agree. Tootsie rolls are the best! And my DH would certainly question what happened to all of the candy! :haha:

Toothfairy :hugs: It'll be ok. It'll all work itself out. Just find things to keep you busy until he gets here.

Yup, I'm in the path of the storm but they don't think it'll be bad here until Monday and Tuesday. We get them all the time so we have our necessities stored already. We called ourselves going to the store to get more last night but all we came away with were junk food, milk and a bag of apples. :haha: I guess if the storm hits bad we'll be on such a sugar high that we'll keep ourselves entertained in the dark - shadow puppets with the flashlights and telling scary stories!

Hey sorry iv not been around much girls, but that's gonna change because TOMORROW IS MY LAST DAY AT WORK :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

So jealous of you ladies who get to stop work soon!! I'm pretty much gonna have to work up until LO is born. I wish I had a little time to take off and relax.

Hey snowflakes! Sorry I have been AWOL. I've been feeling really under the weather for the last few weeks and have been swamped trying to get everything wrapped up at work, but today I have spent 3 hours solidly reading and I am back up to speed!

Lolly - hope you are ok, honey.:hugs: Rest up this weekend and fingers crossed things will have settled by Monday. I've been getting loads of pelvic/lower back discomfort too and saw a physio at 14/52. She gave me a giant tubigrip which I can wear like a mini skirt, up and over my bump. It is not the most flattering of items but it really does help when I am on my feet at work. PS a belated LOL at your clothes pile. Your baby will only need wear each outfit once! :rofl:

AFM - I'm still living in a house which is more like a building site than a home, until 3 weeks ago the nursery didn't even have intact walls! On one hand I hope this baby is out as soon as possible after 37 weeks, and on the other we could do with a bit more time to sort out this chaos! Only one more week at work THANK GOODNESS! I love my job but I have been finding it seriously hard going. It's good to know that so many of you are feeling just the same.

Still, we're nearly there ladies. I can wait until the LO's start popping out!

Oh maaaan, baby has been moving like crazy today! Earlier I was lying down on the couch and when I got up was in so much pain in my hips and pelvis, pretty much my whole lower region. I usually get pain when I get up from sitting and move around but this was so different! It wouldn't go away as I started moving around, in fact I couldn't move! I couldn't lift my feet to walk because it hurt so bad! I had to shuffle around super slowly! The pain was terrible. So I went to bed, lied down on my other side with a pillow between my knees and I think baby shifted cause I felt much better afterwards. Was crazy!!

Toothfairy :hugs: I agree with Blu. Keep yourself busy and occupied (do you have a hobby at all? I've been unsuccessfully learning how to crochet to keep my mind stop ticking things over) and he'll be here before you know it and you'll wonder what all that worrying was about!

Blu that must be so scary, although I'm sure you're used to it!

Baby yay for last day at work :yipee: now take it easy as possible!

Honey.Bee :hi: I wondered where you'd got to! Wow @ catching up on all those pages! It sounds manic at your house at the moment, I hope you're not working too hard :hugs:

juless, was that pain just in your pelvis? Sounds frightening, I'm glad it's eased up :flower:

Is anyone else getting random little adrenaline rushes? I don't associate them with any anxieties I'm feeling...my throat just gets a bit tight, heart speeds up a bit and beats harder and I feel hyper-alert. It's like my body just has an adrenaline overflow?

It was just in my pelvis lolly, like my usual aches and pains down there only worse. Hurt too bad to lift my feet!
GenYsuperlady, hmmm, never had that happen to me, at least not yet!
Also, scooby - love those pics!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->