*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Welcome Persephonia and big congrats to you Lolly. I am just a few days behind you!!! :)

Good morning to all of my lovely snowflakes :flower:

What gorgeous bumps you have!

35 weeks for me and Toothfairy today! whoot! whoot! :happydance:

Gl with your appointment today Toothfairy. Fingers x'd that bp is back down and yes STAY AWAY from the monitor at home. I know it would drive me mad as well.

Welcome Persephonia :hugs: and congrats on your pink bump!

Beanonorder I know exactly how you feel. I feel the same way and tell DH all the time that my body is breaking down on me.

Lolly - isn't that just so fab, only DAYS away from giving birth, not months. So jealous but I'm not so far behind though!

Oooh had to share this as noticed it on my journal this morning...

https://img.thebabycountdown.com/ticker/e651sa.png

:shock: no more months, just days! :argh:

So soon!! Mine is officially 50 days away today. Cannot believe it! :xmas22:

Well I had my BP checked and it was 122/86. So still not massively high but still not as low as normal for me. I saw practice nurse today and she advised me to speak to midwife which I did. I'm booked to see her on Thursday for a full check. I know it's nothing compared to the worry you've had lolly but I just wish it would settle back down!

Hey guys! Glad to hear blood pressures seem to be going down!

Welcome to persephona!!

Can't believe my c-section date is only 4 weeks, 6 days away!! :o It's shocking to say that!! It's really crazy that I'll be full term in a little over 2 weeks!

I can't wait until you ladies that are earlier in the month start having your babies. There will be so many cute fresh baby faces to coo over :)

Scan Went really well, measuring perfect, weighing 4.8lbs at the mo which is good, his head is down and ready to go! Here he waving! I saw him opening and closing his mouth, so cute!

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/D9283AF4-5751-41EB-96F0-A2F6BBD38621-967-000000F529F50F77.jpg

toothfairy - If it's still a lot higher than your booking appointment it's still cause to be concerned hun so I'm glad they are being cautious and checking you out :hugs:

Ocean, how amazing! I wish I got a pic at my scan last week :( glad all was well with scan! x

Such excitement on this thread with so many of you having less than a month to go now!! I can't believe it. Can't wait to see all the cute baby pics get posted :)

I'm just chugging along, waiting for her arrival. 7 weeks seems soooo far away when one part or another of my body is always in pain. I am taking a class at the maternity center today called baby basics...gonna learn how to bathe and swaddle a baby :) Hopefully will learn other things too, as it is a 3 hour class.

No prom in the UK?? I had so much fun getting all fancied up for mine, although I didn't care for my date, so it was really more of an excuse to get my hair done and buy a pretty dress :)

Hope all you high BP and frequent BH ladies are able to keep everything inside until you are full term! I am thankful i don't have those problems...yet. My fingers have swollen a bit tho and my rings are stuck. Going to have to pry them off in the morning when its cold and the swelling is down.

Happy Tuesday everyone! And welcome Persephona! :flower:

Glad to hear blood pressures are behaving themselves and scans are going well. I'm pretty sure my baby is lying oblique -- I've got a definite foot pushing up on my lower right ribs...to the point now that I've got a bit numb on my stomach above that spot! Little chunker is taking up too much room!

After having TONS of Braxton Hicks contractions for the last week or so, things have slowed down a little bit, which is making life slightly more comfortable. I'll be honest, I think the most pain I'm having is in my feet! They are so swollen and stretched out, it can be painful to walk (feels like plantar fasciitis).

After a dedicated bout of nesting over the weekend (minus the energy burst I'm supposed to get with it) we are ever so slightly closer to being ready for baby. I spent WAAAY too much money at Target buying all the essentials we hadn't gotten at our showers (thermometer, changing pad/cover, nursing pads...etc. etc....the cart was full). I've drilled the changing pad down to the top of the dresser and organized the top drawer which is full of diapers, diaper changing necessities and first aid/grooming supplies. I started organizing the onesies and sleepers but got overwhelmed when trying to organize by type of clothing and size of clothing. Will have to revisit that. At least everything (almost) is finally washed and ready to go.

Getting more and more excited every day to meet this little person kicking around inside of me. Intermittently want pregnancy to end immediately, then remember that I'm still getting more sleep with baby inside me than I will when it is outside, so trying to cherish that, and hoping you all are too!

Also finding plenty of time to cherish sweets....with Halloween candy lying around everywhere, homemade cookies at the office and the pumpkin pie my husband decided to make out of the blue, I'm in temptation HELL!

Ooooh didn't know this was here :D i'm due Dec 26th with a girl :happydance: cant believe how close its getting now!

Welcome Persephonie and KTM2012 :hugs:

We don't have Proms in Scotland, but in Dundee most secondary schools have Sixth year dances, where girls wear formal dresses and the boys either suits or kllts. We had a formal meal followed by a ceilidh and disco. But we don't have kings or queens or anything like that. But it's been quite a long tradition I think, I left school bout 10 years ago and they were pretty old school by then!something everyone looked forward too.

Iv got my 32 week scan tomorrow, I can't wait to see my wee baba again........I think s/he has actually moved into my ribs now. My OH had his hand on bump feeling baby kick around last night, when baby gave me an ole mighty boot to my ribs.....my oh turns to me and said 'that had to hurt' I was like ' you think' lol

Ooooh didn't know this was here :D i'm due Dec 26th with a girl :happydance: cant believe how close its getting now!

Welcome and congrats :flower: I'll add you to our EDD list!

Aww Bell, at least your OH acknowledges what we go through! I'm sure my OH thinks I'm milking it most of the time :wacko: I was fine throughout DD's pregnancy though so probably why he thinks I'm exaggerating with every pelvis pain or twinge this time round!

I've got the car seat out today, stripped it down and put the fabrics and headhugger in the washing machine (I hope they come out ok, it did say to hand wash only on the label :blush: too lazy for that though!) and also found a bag of DD's tiny baby sized clothes from when she was newborn that I had forgot I kept :cloud9: they are for up to 7lbs! So teeny! Thought I'd wash them just incase this little munchkin pops out as diddy as her sister, but I doubt she will! These are the last things for me to do, so it all feels really final and real now :argh:

Hi girls, I have some questions for you all!

First, is anyone else losing hair? I thought this was supposed to happen AFTER giving birth, but lately my comb is full of my hair. I can't tell by just looking in the mirror, but i never used to leave hair on this comb before :(

Secondly, DH has a coworker who has a baby boy (i'm having a girl), and she keeps trying to give us EVERYTHING she has used...carseat, all baby clothing (many boys clothes, most with spitup stains), swing, bath, booster chair, blankets, and I don't want it! But he can't tell her no, so we end up with this stuff that I don't want that DH then feels we should just use because we have it and then we don't end up getting new stuff. I honestly want her swing and the booster chair. Nothing else. I don't know if it is rude to take her swing (already got the booster seat) and refuse the other items, or if we should just take everything and put it in storage for a while and then give it back? I need advice!

That's a tough one Chloe. I'd probably just say you already have the stuff that she is trying to give you that you don't want. Or has your hubby already told her you don't have any of these things? We got given lots of things for DD which was lovely, but someone did keep giving me all of these clothes that were stained or just not to my taste and in the end I just told her we had too much stuff already (we actually did, so wasn't too much of a lie!) and didn't need anymore, and thanked her for her generosity :)

Girls I am officially on maternity leave!! Have just finished work for the last time! Am very emotional and scared!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->