*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

I've also got my 34 week appointment on Thursday what goes on then? Xxxx

My 34 wk had to be with consultant as I just turned 40 and so had a growth scan. Apart from that nothing different! The midwife is coming to my house for the 36 week appointment next Tuesday to discuss birth plan though.

I still haven't packed a bag or phoned to arrange delivery of my big stuff, cot pram carseat etc. do you think I should get a move on?? Think I'm on denial!!!

My 34 wk had to be with consultant as I just turned 40 and so had a growth scan. Apart from that nothing different! The midwife is coming to my house for the 36 week appointment next Tuesday to discuss birth plan though.

I still haven't packed a bag or phoned to arrange delivery of my big stuff, cot pram carseat etc. do you think I should get a move on?? Think I'm on denial!!!

O right ok then do they check tho to c if you have started to dilate?

Hahah yeh maybe you should start getting things lol I'd be in fits of panic now if I was you. But I'm one of these people that do lists and all sorts. I have packed babies bag just need to do mine tbh but I have even got a list to put in the bag of last min things we might need that day login terrible :haha:. The only thing we are waiting on now is the pram to be deliverd but th

(Pressed submit too quick) the pram isn't coming till the begging of dec we just have no where to put it for now, but my OH aunt has sorted all that out so I'm stressing over that abit cz all I have been told is its coming at the start of dec arghhhhhh I hate not knowing I need to be organised lol xxxx

I don't think they check you internally in the uk until after your due date?? But I'm sure some of the ladies who have had babies more recently will know more?

Sara.... You made me see sense.... I've just made calls and arranged pram/carseat delivery for next Monday and cot delivery for Thursday!!!

Morning ladies!! Huge :hugs: to those not feeling well or having scares. I hold my breath when I open this thread now waiting for news. Not that I want things to go quickly, but I am just getting more and more excited. Everytime I feel the little one move around I think about how different things will be by Christmas...and there are already christmas trees going up in the shops...once the carols start I think I'll go a bit nuts! (in a good way - I love Christmas, and this year will just be extraordinary....)

Oh GenY, what a relief. I'm glad they've given you the meds and discovered your kidney infection. Get well soon hun :hugs:

Sara, nothing different happens at 34w check. It's just BP, urine, FH measurements and she'll have a feel of where baby is and see if you are engaged any. They don't do internals at all in the UK unless you are in labour, overdue/getting a sweep or there are any problems with your pregnancy and they need to check you're not dilating early.

Happy Friday everyone :) I have another 2 hour monitoring session at the day assessment unit at hospital on Monday for my BP and then going to see the consultant straight after for my 36w appt. Hopefully BP is back in the normal range, I don't want to be discussing inductions :wacko:

Oh my snowflakes! I stepped away for a moment and so much buzz!!

GenY - So glad they figured out what's going on. Feel better, rest easy and pack that bag!

Baby's bag is packed. I still need to to mine.

He is so active sometimes and combined with the pressure and stabby pains down there I think I'm going to just pop at any moment! I find myself at work, in class or driving somewhere thinking, please don't let me waters go here! crazy thought's right? :dohh:

I have my 36 week appointment next week and they'll do a Strep B test and check to see if i'm dilated and/or effaced. Getting close now!!!

I think that all the time Blu! I was walking around the supermarket the other day pushing the shopping trolley and having some really strong BH and painful twinges. I literally ran around the store, in fear my waters would break as I was perusing the frozen food aisle :rofl:

Glad to hear things are better now genY!! :D

Last night was a bit scary! I started getting very painful cramps low in my belly, period like cramps, that went to my lower back, and wierdly enough, down into my bum! They kept coming on, so I went to bed. Every time I woke up to go to the bathroom they were still there. My back hurt so bad, was so uncomfortable!! When I got up at 5am though, I felt fine, cramps were gone. I was worried I'd have to go get it all checked out but since they stopped and baby is moving lots I think it must have been her moving even lower (if that's possible!) or just bad BH. This morning now I've had to clean like a mad lady since my Dad decided to let me know at 9:30 last night that he and my stepmom are coming over today and will spend the weekend with us. I'm trying to have a rest now, drink lots of water. Then I have to run to the grocery store to get things for guests to eat this weekend! *oh geez*

Everyone is so busy here and spotting so many symptoms. I'm right there with you all.
GenY I'm glad they figured it all out for you and I hope they get you better in a hurry.

Hope everyone is well!

I literally ran around the store, in fear my waters would break as I was perusing the frozen food aisle :rofl:
:haha: :haha: :haha: OMG!! So it's not just me!

Juless :hugs: sorry you had such an aweful night. I was the same way last week. I hope you feel better. Try not to over due it cleaning today and put your feet up some. Oh, and happy belated birthday to your dd! :cake:

Oh and US ladies - call and check with your insurance company because they may now cover the cost of renting or purchasing your breast pump 100% free to you. I'd read it somewhere online and I called and what do you know, I get mine covered for free too. I just have to get my doctor to write a script for it and then use one of their participating vendors and I get it. No restrictions on the model or type. Since I go to dr. next week I'll get the script and hopefully order one by the end of the next week. So excited!

Thanks for all the wonderful thoughts, ladies! :flower:

I got out of the hospital around 9pm last night. I was just having RARE contractions at that point, got two liters of fluids and a dose of IV antibiotics. Fell asleep as SOON as I got home! Glad that baby is going to hang around in there for a few more weeks. MW says that as long as I stop contracting when the infection is cured, I could easily go full-term. I will just have a "head start" on the cervical changes in labor....maybe it will go a bit quicker? :shrug: I can dream!

When MW checked my cervix she said she could feel baby's head right above it! Wahoo! That must mean baby is engaged? Funny, as I still feel super short of breath lol! Baby's feet LOOOOVE pushing everything up.

I'm getting SOOO excited to meet him/her now! I'm glad I get a few more weeks of pregnancy though -- I'm going to do my best to really enjoy it and take more photos.

Oh, and as far as nightmare places for water to break? I'm terrified mine will break in the middle of a surgical procedure I'm assisting on...nothing like spilling a bunch of amniotic fluid all over a sterile procedure room....not sure how that would go. :dohh:

Thanks for the tip Blu! I have a breast pump that my aunt bought when she was bf'ing she has cleaned and sanitized it for me to use as they can go for $300!

I have some questions for both you ftms and also moms who already have kids. Ftm's did you already contact a pediatrician? Should I do that now? I have one in mind but I have yet to contact him. Any advice from moms?

Also for you ladies who already have kids...what else will I need post partum? I have heavy pads for bleeding, breast pads, nipple cream, a nipple shield if it's needed, some sleep nursing bras, nursing bras, lots of comfy clothes, and a breast pump. Is there anything else I need? Any little tips for us ftms on what we will need for ourselves or baby in the first weeks after delivery? I'm just trying to be as prepared as I can!

@Blu...yes I was SO EXCITED when I found out about the breast pump thing! My midwife was slightly ugly to me about it though and said, "well you won't need it right away so we don't really need to consider this now." But DH still hasn't found work and I know I will be going back as soon as I can and there's no way I can shell out $300 for a pump.

@I'mSoTired...not a seasoned mom yet, but the one thing I told DH I wanted in the house after the baby is born are plastic plates and cutlery that can be thrown away. I know this isn't very eco friendly or anything, but since we will have no one to help us and the regular chores like laundry, cat litter, etc I would rather have one less thing to worry about and that will be doing dishes. Maybe petty, but it seems important to me right now.

I had a friend who would carry around a glass container of apple juice when she went to the grocery store. It was the first thing she would grab on every trip and her plan was that if her water broke she was going to drop the apple juice bottle so no one would know her water broke!

LillyLee - That's hilarious!! Seems like a pretty smart plan.

Imsotired - I used these two sites to put together our packing list:
https://alphamom.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-calendar/week-thirty-three/
https://captainhambone.typepad.com/not_that_you_asked/2006/10/the_great_big_h.html

Obviously left out things I didn't think I would use, but it gave me plenty of ideas. Also in one of those, I read people's suggestion to bring Poise/Depends and huge maxi pads for the post delivery bleeding so that you don't leak all over. I'm definitely doing that, because I want to bring my own pjs/nursing gown for afterward and I don't want to get blood all over it.

Thanks for the suggestions lillylee and daydream.
My bags are packed and have been for a while. I am just wondering if there is anything I'll need while I'm at home as I don't want to have to run out in the first few weeks with a newborn in the winter. I know I'll need a ton of thick pads for bleeding and all but I'm just wondering from moms with kids already what they needed after they gave birth. Is there anything a ftm wouldn't know about and might need for recovery? Are there things I may need when I'm at home to make life easier? The disposable silverware is a great idea lilly as I hate doing dishes and I know the first few weeks are going to be difficult, messy, and most of all tiring. I also know that I may be in pain and may not want to leave the house to pick things up.

I highly recommend medela brand breast pumps :thumbup: electric if you can, I bought a hand pump and an electric and I used the hand pump for around 2mins before my hand started cramping up :rofl:

ImSoTired, it sounds like you've got everything covered :thumbup: something that I found was worthies weight in gold were muslin cloths. Not sure what you'd call them over in the US? It's just a linen like cloth to mop up baby spit up, have over your shoulder whist burping etc. Bibs were just useless in those early days, milk would run right out of DD's mouth and get under the bib and would be straight in her little chubby neck rolls. This would often make her have little sore patches, but with a muslin cloth you can just wrap them round and tuck them right under baby's chin. Absolute god send for everything!

I also had a couple of grazes down there after DD's birth so I bought some antiseptic spray to clean myself with after going to the toilet. It seemed to help with the stinging and healing time. I can't think of anything you may have missed, your list looks pretty great. If anything else pops into my head I'll write it down :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->