*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Ty lolly! I didn't think of an antiseptic spray. I will look into it! Some one else on another thread has just mentioned stool softener and hemorrhoid wipes. I may pick some up and hope I don't need to use them but I'd rather be safe than sorry! And yes I do have muslin cloths. We would call them the same here, or burp cloths, spitup rags, whatever. I was planning on picking up another pack or two actually as I know they came in handy with baby related messes. If any other moms can think of anything else let me know because I know I will be a couch potato for the first 2 weeks at least!

I found a u shaped pillow to sit on afterwards really helped with my stitches. I call it my vag pillow.

Yes, a stool softener is good too, sometimes your doctor might prescribe it to you. That first week after delivery is a little scary to go do a no.2 :blush:

Vag pillow :rofl: love that!

Morning snowflakes! I might actually pack my bag today!!!!!

Hey look.... I'm in the final box of my ticker too!!!!!!

Yay for moving to the last box :yipee: yes, I think packing your bag would be a good idea seeing as your baby is due in 1 month tomorrow!!

Yes I have been promising to do this bag for weeks now haven't I?!!! Just still all feels quite surreal and a bit soon. I don't feel at all ready for this baby anymore. A few wks ago I felt very ready and excited and emotionally prepared but I seem to have lost that connection? Fear maybe? Am also exhausted this last week and feeling crappy. I thought to myself yesterday that if I feel too tired and run down to go into labour and have a baby! Does that sound mad?? Think my hormones are all over at the moment, feeling pretty down and not at like I think I should be feeling!

I think it's completely normal hun :hugs: I know I'm starting to get a bit scared and jittery, and I've had everything ready for weeks now. I don't think anybody is truly ready until you're holding that baby in your arms and reality sinks in! x

I'm tired of being pregnant! I'm ready to be a mom! I know I still won't get any rest and my body will still be quite jacked up but at least I'll be on my way to feeling somewhat normal again. It kinda feels like i'm in a holding pattern and I'm just the progressive type of person that likes to see things move along. Plus I'd like to not feel like a sea cow when DH and I DTD. Although, quite frankly I'm surprised he still wants to. Don't know if I'm happy or kinda weirded out by it! lol

I finally packed most of my hospital bag, lo's bag was already packed. DH doesn't think he will need much so since he refused to pack anything besides a video camera, he'll be the one making trips to the store from the hospital.

Yaye on being in the last box and 31 days out from due date!! :happydance:

I still haven't packed my hospital bag! Too many things that i still use everyday that i can't pack away now - noway am i giving up comfy yoga pants right now.

Has anyone put any thought into how long you would like to stay in hospital after the birth? I'm torn between wanting alone time with bubba vs. missing home and my 2yo and dh. Plus i can't sleep unless i am in my own bed.

We don't really get a choice in the UK. If you have a normal delivery you can usually expect to be out within 24hrs (depending on if you had an epidural or not), and with a c-sec they like to keep you in 2-3 days. I don't really want to be in very long at all, just the thought of not seeing DD is already breaking my heart a little bit :( plus our postnatal wards are usually shared with 4-6 other women and their babies, so you don't tend to get much sleep!

I know we want to get out of the hospital as quick as possible. They don't keep you longer than medically required here.

Here they keep you for vaginal birth a couple of days I think. For c-section it's up to a week. I actually enjoyed it last time, got lots of help from the nurses so was able to rest a lot. We also share a room with just one other mom and baby, unless you pay a fee to get a private room. I was lucky when I was there and had noone in the room with me until my last night there! This time will feel much different though, if I end up with a c-sec again, I will miss DD SO much!!

Also... starting to freak out because I just realized it's only 30 days until the c-section date! Holy geez!!!!! Also have my sizing scan on Monday afternoon, can't wait!!

I was in the hospital for two days after my c-section. I have already been told that's how long I will stay this time as well unless there are any complications.

I have been having BH for three days now. I haven't went in to get checked because they aren't consistent. But I have been throwing up some too. The nurse I talked to yesterday said it's common late in pregnancy.:shrug: I never really heard of that...I think I will be checked at my appt Monday. So time will tell.

With regards to hospital stay, things in Australia are sort of similar. Some hospitals that are really busy like to push you out after one night if you've had a vaginal birth, but others say you can stay for three nights. And c-sections are usually 5 days.

My sister in London had baby at 11 and was home next day at 12. That seems so quick to me but it's just too busy over there. I stayed 5 nights (private room, double bed, flat screen and unsuite ) post DD 2 but I did have a c section and we pay private health insurance which is way expensive. Not sure how I will cope being away from my girls for that long this time but they will be visiting daily most likely. It's a nice time to recover and bond with baby.

I still haven't packed bags... They are sitting staring at me . Will endeavor to get them done this week.... Well part done as there are things I still need.

Hi Stark - I'm with you and the throwing up! For the last week, I've been violently sick every morning. My sickness never really went away but it has certainly come back with a vengeance. I guess there is no room for food in there any more! It's certainly not a bug because its not there all of the time. Who knew pregnancy could be so glamorous??

Well, I have finally finished work and made it home (for the last 5 years I have done a weekly commute to work 4 hours away). I feel relieved and as if I can finally relax and enjoy this baby......once I have got the house sorted! It was such an emotional week saying goodbye to friends and colleagues (I am trying to find work closer to home post-baby) but I'm so glad that I don't have to worry about going into labour the other side of the country!

This thread is getting so exciting! It feels like the first snowflake is just around the corner! I can't wait. Thank you all for sharing this journey. It's been so lovely to know you are all there. Stay well everyone. x x x

Hello girls!

Is anyone else feeling really run down and exhausted now? It seems to have really hit me this last week. I feel like all I want to do is lie down and sleep? I have no energy at all and feel quite sicky and generally ill but can't put my finger on why? Am so uncomfortable too. Feels like no space left and baby is definitely squashing digestive system as I have the runs most days! Am just suddenly feeling rough and fed up. Have had enough now!

Advice for something to have ready after baby is born is strong pain killers for all those after pains, and for those of you who didn't get them first time round be warned they come back and bite you in the bum next time! I'll never forget the pain after my 2nd was born as I'd not experienced it first time round, but boy it hit me hard while my uterus was contracting back down to size!!!

toothfairy, I'm exhausted :( but I'm struggling to sleep now. Insomnia and pelvis is ruining it for me at night and I can't even catch a nap during the day as DD has decided naps are no longer required and are beneath her :rofl: I've been feeling a bit off too. Can't put my finger on it exactly but I've just felt a bit iffy and anxious, lightheaded and a little sick too. Not sure if my body's gearing up ready to start evacuating this baby or if its just playing cruel tricks on me!

Fifi, I heard the after pains on subsequent babies was bad :( something to look forward too!

I'm back at the hospital today for my BP monitoring, FX'd it's back to normal. Seeing my consultant straight after for my belated 36w check up too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->