*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Finally a successful (or maybe I should say easier) doctors visit. I got the right blood tests done and will get the results in a week. And I had another scan although they STILL didn't print a nice picture. :'(
Good news is that my placenta has moved and I'm on track for a natural birth. Bad news is they found the cord is around the baby's neck. This really freaked me out when she told me and I had a minor panic attack. But I got to ask some questions (so nice to talk to someone who actually speaks English) and I've done some research since and have found that this is actually quite common and problems/fatalities are actually quite rare.
I do think I'm going to start my maternity leave two weeks early though. Doctor said work is fine as long as I'm not making myself too tired. My classes are fine but I have to climb endless stairs all day and that's what's killing me!
DH and I have both caught colds! Not a fun time to be sick. I'm just hoping rest and fluids will solve it.

Sorry everyone's feeling off and tired :(

Hope you all feel better soon! X

Eek I'm finally a honeydew!

Bean glad the scan went well.
Ocean congrats on being a honeydew!!
Lolly... Hope your BP is good today :)

As for me, have been having some strong BHs waking me through the night for a couple of weeks. Have also been having period pains through night too for a few weeks. Last night I was woken about 4 or 5 times with really painful tight period cramps maybe lasting a minute or 2? Anyone else getting these?

Hello how is everyone? Its so hard to read through all the posts on my mobile. I am going for my flu jab and whooping cough jab today really scared! Ive been having unbelievable pressure and lower back ache for days but nothing else has happened. I am term on Wednesday 37wks!! Having to have more bloods done as i am really itchy on my bump back and legs dont even Notice i am scratching some times?

Glad you had a good appt Beanonorder and I'm glad you were able to put your mind at ease with the research you've done into where the cord is :thumbup; these naughty babies like to worry us!

Ocean, happy 33 weeks! :yipee:

toothfairy, eeeek keep an eye on those pains incase they turn into something. You feeling anything today, or was it just last night whilst in bed?

Mummy, good luck with your jabs today!

Baby just feels really low today. No pains just a couple of BHs but only like I've had for weeks. Just seem to be getting increasing symptoms through the nights for some reason?? No discharge or anything at all.

Just had random call from health visitor? She's on way to do an antenatal visit??? First I've heard of it? Wonder what she'll do?!

I don't no if I'm getting BH :-( I'm not in pain or nothing so god knows maybe I just can't feel them. Anybody done tests on strep B for some strange reason they don't do them here as routine so I'm paying to have one done anyone else had one? Xxxx

Hello ladies--

Our 2ww symptom spotting has turned into labor spotting!!! :haha:

I've had inconsistent, dull menstrual-like cramps in my back (I get my period cramping in my back too) and some nausea as well. A very rare "contraction" where it starts in the back and then becomes crampy in the stomach, but again, very inconsistent. Also quite sure I lost my mucus plug last night, which got me very excited, but then I read it can still be WEEKS after before labor starts).

Otherwise, just feeling impatient, anxious and huge like the rest of you! Haven't slept well at all tonight -- not sure if it was because of daylight savings screwing me up (I went to bed super early) or the fact that I had to pee 7 times already? :growlmad:

Will one of us just go into labor, already? Let's get this party started!

Oh yes!! So begins labour spotting!!! Very exciting!!! Have you told midwife about the plug??

Haha GenY, I know! The suspense is killing me :lol: so excited for our first Snowflake's arrival and then for them all to start rolling in! Unfortunately the mucous plug can regenerate but I hope it's a sign that things are developing along nicely for you.

It is symptom spotting for labour like mad here, I'm getting so many signs but doubt its actually leading to anything soon!

Sara, I haven't bothered with strep b testing but I know it's worth it if its something you're really concerned about :flower:

I didn't tell MW about plug -- will if she calls and asks but otherwise, I'm apt to believe it isn't a super strong labor predictor, and very well may regenerate.

How terrible of me to be so impatient so early!

Oh this is all so exciting, every body symptom spotting! Can't wait to see who has the first snowflake baba!

My OH has a week off this week, so we are going to sort out baby's room....it's all decorated and furniture is up, but all the baby stuff is still in boxes and baby clothes to be washed. Also going to pack hospital bag once iv washed some of baby's clothes.

It's 4weeks today until I'm getting induced so excited and scared and nervous. It's completely dragging but at the same time, time seems to be flying by if you know what I mean?

When I was at my appointment on Thursday I had some sugar in my urine, but my bloods taken the week before my glucose level was fine (4.9 mmols). So the midwife was happy, but I'm not because one of the reasons they said could have caused my Eoin to be stillborn was undiagnosed gestational diabetes though they didn't think there was a high chance of that. But I'm seeing my community midwife on Tuesday who I trust completely and have a lot of faith in her knowledge and ability, so I'm going to give her a first morning urine sample, so it's fasted and see if glucose in it. If I was still at work I'd be checking my own urine and Bms but I'm not lol

I think that's a very sensible thing to do Bell, I'd do the exact same :hugs: FX'd it's clear, let us know how you get on x

I have my 36 week check up today! 3 weeks to my csection but hoping she arrives at 38 like my first did :)

Wow lots of buzz! We are all getting closer!

Happy 35 weeks GenY! Wow, plug coming out already? Geesh! That makes it seem more real.

Bell I think you're doing the right thing. I'd double check too if I were you. You know your body best.

Mummy full term on Wednesday, how awesome! Gl on your blood test results.

Toothfairy my lil feels low too and I get most of my pains and what nots at night as well. They often wake me from my sleep.

Im in US and they do strep B test around 36 weeks or so. I have my test done this week when I go to doctor.

29 days until due date!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I agree Bell....maybe even ask for extra testing?

Have you been for BP check yet Lolly?

I don't no if I'm getting BH :-( I'm not in pain or nothing so god knows maybe I just can't feel them. Anybody done tests on strep B for some strange reason they don't do them here as routine so I'm paying to have one done anyone else had one? Xxxx

i am getting tested on Wednesday for it i had it in my last pregnancy only found out about it as i started bleeding and had swabs done. Defo worth it my daughter was only five pound six and had a few problems needing oxygen ect had she be born with strep b am sure things would have been nasty.

had my jabs i asked for a sticker but i didnt get one :-( .. Told her about the pressure and pains and my bowels and my cough that has reappeared she said she doubts it will be long in that case! So i am clinging to that now lol please!! Truly had enough now everyone has been telling me about horrendous after pains that are worse with every baby? Anyone experienced these?

BP is back down, still higher then usual but no where near what it was before so all is well :) just waiting to see the consultant for my 36w appt.

Mummy, the after pains I had with DD were bad but I'm expecting then to be worse as they say they usually are with subsequent pregnancies. Did you not have them last time?

no nothing? I just remember my bbs that was agony. My mum said she had them really bad after me i was her third she said they were as bad as labour?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->