*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Happy 36 weeks to me & Toothfairy! whoot! whoot! :happydance:

Congrats on being full term Ichisan!

Hmm. I'm going to guess 7lbs 5 oz. I don't think he'll be huge, I think he's going to be long and skinny like DH.

Because my baba coming at 37 weeks I'm being very optimistic (and very hopeful) that baby will be 7lbs 3ozs :kiss:

Forgot to say my urine came back clear this morning! Yay!!
Also I mentioned to my midwife that over last few days although iv felt more than ten movements iv noticed a change in pattern and baby not as active as normal so she sent me to the hospital they did an hours trace thing and that came back perfect :happydance:

I'm guessing 7 lbs 12 oz for me.

Glad your BP is good, lolly!

Babybell, so glad everything is perfect with your LO!

Still wondering if anyone has been vaccinated for whooping cough while pregnant? anyone??

I'm guessing 7 lbs 12 oz for me.

Glad your BP is good, lolly!

Babybell, so glad everything is perfect with your LO!

Still wondering if anyone has been vaccinated for whooping cough while pregnant? anyone??

I've had my flu jab and whopping cough xxxx

My guess is baby will be about 7lb 8oz. Baby was about 4lb 3 oz at 32 weeks when I had my growth scan so depending on how long she stays in I HOPE my guess is around accurate!

Oooh lots more guesses :yipee: will get them all added to the front page!

I started RLT at 32w sara, as it takes a little while to work it's way into your system. I started EPO at 34/35w, and started inserting it vaginally these past few days too. Thought I might as well go the whole hog and do it properly :haha:

Hahah ok think I may st art then yano y not aye I just think if so,etching happened and she came early I'd feel guilty I think, how much do u take xxx

RLT won't induce hun so don't worry about that. I was taking 2 capsules by 34w (still am actually) and 1 capsule of EPO (I have 1000mg capsules) a day orally, and now 1 vaginally :haha: will up it to 2 once I hit 37w.

Chloe I got the whooping cough an flu vaccinations a couple of weeks ago.

I didnt find that many of the pharmacies around here carried RLT but they seem to carry EPO though. Is it ok to take one without the other? Still don't remember what they are supposed to do. RLT shortens 2nd part of labor right? And EPO does what again?

My appt. Went good today they said I'm measuring small n if I keep pop measuring small I'll get an ultrasound for measuring at 36 or 37 weeks

Ladies AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Just had my 36 week home visit with the midwife. Very pleased to say BP today is 110/78 lowest for weeks so hopefully it will remain stable. Did the birth plan which really consisted of me saying erm erm I dunno....whatever is best at the time!!!! She has referred me for my 40 week appt with consultant as I am 40. Apparently it's normal to allow 2 wks over but they don't let you go this long at my age.

The annoying thing though is that baby is now oblique again after being head down at scan 2 weeks ago!!! He is also back to back!!!!! I am feeling lots of pressure down there and all these pains and BHs through the night that I was certain he was engaged. She thinks all the discomfort is my body trying to turn him. Anyway she phoned the consultant there and then who said give it until 38 wks and then they will decide what to do if he hasn't moved again. I am really disappointed. This morning I thought things were starting to change. So many aches and pains in cervix I was sure things were softening etc. Now I feel like I have no chance. She did still suggest that as soon as I hit 37 weeks I start the usual, walks hot curries RLT sex etc. She also suggested a ball to bounce on to try get him to move.:xmas8:

Blu - EPO helps to ripen the cervix, hopefully speeding dilation and effacement up a bit.

Ahhh toothfairy sorry baby isn't in the correct position. Hopefully he gets a wiggle on and moves his little tushy! x

Ohh dear Toothfairy! You still have time though, baby has 28 days to turn! Glad bp is back down as well.

I feel like i've gotten huge (even bigger) in the past week. I keep catching DH looking at me and when I ask him what, he just says "you're big!" And I didn't have any stretch marks on the right side of my stomach last week and now I look and it looks like someone's drawn a roadmap all over the side of it :(

Hey ladies! Catching up after a bit of time away from the boards (although I have been lurking about so I could keep up with everyone here). Seems crazy that I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow...

About the flu/whooping cough vaccines: I got a tetanus/pertussis booster at the beginning of the year (before I was pregnant), so I'm assuming I'm covered with whooping cough. DH has not had a booster in a while, but I'm not sure if he'll have the time within in his work schedule to get one -- I'm hoping my shot will protect the baby.

I have not gotten a flu shot, and I'm not sure if I will or not -- the midwife is leaving it up to me and I can't decide. I've never had a flu shot before and -- knock on wood -- I've also never had the flu. I'm really nervous about getting the shot when I have absolutely no idea how my body might react to it. DH used to get the flu shot every year (although he hasn't yet gotten one this year), and it seemed like he always had a bad reaction to it within a week -- not the flu, but a lot of flu-like symptoms. I just can't tell if it's something I want to risk, but at the same time, I'm not sure about about the risk in not getting it...

So now I have googled Oblique babies and it seems it can be really dangerous if you go into labour!! Apparently if your waters break you are in danger of cord prolapsing and have to call 999????? I am crapping myself now???? Why didn't midwife or consultant seem concerned or warn me??? I've sooooo gotta get this little one moving now!!!!!!!!!

Toothfairy, check out the Spinning Babies website -- a TON of great information about things you can do to help your baby move into a better birthing position.

Tooth fairy - don't you worry about that baby being oblique -- I agree with checking out Spinning Babies. These little monkies apparently often don't get into the right position until DURING labor!

My weight guess for LO: 7lbs 3 oz!

Does everyone else feel like they are in "pre-labor?" Ive got back pains that feel like menstrual cramps, sometimes really good abdominal cramping (enough to make me need to poop), I'm nauseous, my mucus plug is falling out (then regenerating, and falling out again), and I just feel as if I'm permanently "almost but not quite" in labor. For some reason I didn't anticipate this! I thought I would go from not feeling anything to BOOM, being in labor, but apparently it can be a slow, meandering process!

Blu_ maybe try looking at your local organic food market or a grocery store with a large herbal tea selection. I did see RLT in one place but I didn't purchase it. I'm still on the fence about it.

Toothfairy I know for a fact that my baby moves around a lot still as those are the times I'm most uncomfortable with her movements making my stomach buldge every which way. I really wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure he'll be in a better position when labor begins. Just make sure you keep in touch with your midwife when labor begins so if you suspect anything isn't right they can take care of you. I'm sure all will be ok.

Lemon- I got my first ever flu shot this year. It made my arm sore for a day or two and it made me sorta slow and sleepy and even a little grumpy (probably just hormones) for about 3 days. Other than that, no flu symptoms or bad reaction and now baby is protected:thumbup: Still need to ask my doctor if he thinks baby and I will benefit from any other vaccinations.

GenY I'm sorta jealous! Sounds like baby is planning on making an early arrival! I'm a huge, lumbering whale and still nothing. Not much discharge, no plug loss, not many BH or real contractions. Just a lot of pressure and the odd strange pain/mild BH. I'm ready to get things started though! I just don't know if my body will be as ready as I am mentally or if baby will be ready for that matter. I hope I begin to progress soon though. I am getting anxious sitting here waiting for ANY sign or impending labor. I haven't even dropped, baby is pretty high up still:nope:. I'll probably be 2 weeks overdue with my luck! Hope not!

Hope everyone is doing well!

First of all toothfairy, STEP AWAY FROM GOOGLE! Nothing good comes from looking up medical type stuff on there. If you or baby was in danger then your MW would have 100% said something or referred you straight away, so try not to worry (easier said than done, I know) :hugs:

GenY, I'm a little jealous too :haha: it does sound like you could be in early labour. Of course, some people can be in early labour for ages but I hope this isn't the case for you! Apart from the odd BH and twinge I've got nothing. Seems all that walking I did on Saturday set off my little false alarm though so I plan on doing lots and lots and LOTS of walking as of thursday!

Any more baby weight guesses? x

Try the Cat yoga position, on all fours to get baby to turn and not be back-to-back. We do it a lot at my yoga classes, helps during labour too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->