*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Yeah, my doctor had to reach up - waaaaay up - to find my cervix. I couldn't tell if she was reaching to find my cervix or my heart - that's how far up I still am!

Last night was pretty uneventful, no pains or anything to report. I did have cramps for a while after my doctor's appointment but I think that was from the doctor reaching for the stars up my lady parts :haha:

I felt like major crap last night. Headache, stomach ache, neck ache, back ache...babies weren't moving as much as usual and I was trying not to stress about it. Luckily we know their exact position and my husband can hear their heart beats by pressing his ear against my stomach. Twin B kicked him in the ear this morning when he checked again! I think they are really running out of space. I was having contractions last night between 5 and 10 minutes. Only one was 5 minutes apart. If I have several of the 5 minute ones I have to go into L&D. I might have my husband see if he can feel my cervix. There's no way I can reach as I can barely wipe after I pee, LOL. Oh, and I had a pretty bad bloody nose when I woke up this morning. Eww.

My parents are coming today and my mom has my diaper bag.

Here is my diaper bag and also the one we got that is bigger and unisex...
N9qZU2boCcw2I1aUTfOJyIKkfw3NLCnWRVFe34cKU4DNbs0jqVPdFKUWOKyR20Z5qHdGr7bPem2EctYCaGy1zV-pCFzkBYT074rqoS4mctiaixtb9cMKduWrIAo6HJjfe1NGjrR3lVZ47DA1oBZQyIXYoSIAIOiSw8G-iLdvcE2Qg6MQLJwnrjSWSzJmzeMjOpAMtToINspY9mR9MhL5s-Foyx1Kmd84=s220-c

https://cdn01.comfortfirst.com/images/product/medium/zm29835.jpg

There's always so much going on in this thread! Hard to keep up!

I also had my appt yesterday at 36 weeks. Nothing happening here either though I think the doctor said baby was engaged but I'm still feeling a bit crowded and I haven't dropped that I know of. I'll have to have DH take another pic to tell for sure. I didn't get a look at my chart to see for sure but I think he said +3 which I know is very engaged. Perhps he meant -3 or I misunderstood. I guess I feel a bit less breathless and I do hae pelvic pain and presure but my belly still feels high to me. I will be checking my chart when I go back on Tues as my appts were moved to Tues instead of Thurs. Also had my strep B test yesterday and getting whopping cough shot next week. I'm just so dissapointed that my cervix wa still hard and high.:wacko: Hoping to make some progress in the next few weeks. I DO NOT want to go much further over 40 weeks. One of the nurses told me that a woman came in for her 41 week yesterday and she still haden't begun to dialate. With my luck that'll be me and I'll be going crazy!

Anyhow I still need to finish Christmas shopping and clean some around the house. I feel like I need to get it done an it's driving me crazy bt I don't really want to do it...Oh well better get a move on!

Hope you are all doing well!

I had quite a bit of pain last night in my pelvis. Not contractions though because it was constant. I was driving home and every little bump made me cringe. The only thing I can think is she is trying to get into position and she doesn't have the room? Anyone else have anything similar?

Iam personally getting a bit fed up of all these little pains and wish they would just develop into labour pains! I have a pineapple that i am going to munch on tonight..

Stark, I've been getting quite a lot of cervix pain/pressure too. I'm hoping it's her head pushing down on it, doing some work! I had a super crazy nesting frenzy going on here today! My place was messy and I couldn't stand it! Cleaned it all, including old food in the fridge, took out all the garbages, did laundry, washed dishes as I used them, etc. I really want to finish our "office" which is now just a place to put things we have no room anywhere else for. I've started organizing it, but haven't finished and it's killing me! I know I need to rest now though, so I'm forcing myself to!

Jules - sounds like the nesting bug hit you!
Shan - I LOOOOVE your bag -- looks like a stylish purse!

Well I'm glad I'm not the only crazy who is checking my own cervix. I have no idea how to tell how effaced I am, but I'm 1.5-2cm dilated. That isn't much of a change given how often I feel all these crampy aches and pains.

Right now my most painful spot is my right kidney -- LO seems to love kicking it and it's aching like the devil!

I felt hiccups this morning and they were low....but STRONG. It was the first time I felt like, wow, those hiccups are shaking my whole belly!! I wish I knew how big baby was at this point. My guess is around 5lbs just looking at averages and things...have any of your midwives or docs wagered a guess at the size of your babies?

And even though I can feel baby's head in my pelvis when I was checking for cervix (couldn't actually feel head through cervix, instead could feel big round bowling ball pressing down anterior to it), I am still quite breathless and carrying very high. I certainly don't look as if baby is "engaged," but then I stand up and I feel like the sucker is going to FALL OUT!

Blu, your post made me laugh so much :rofl: reaching for the stars! Hahaha!!

Ahhh someone is definitely going to have a baby soon... and it is not going to be me :haha: I think I need to start doing some serious walking as that's what started my false alarm off, and I've had nothing since then. Someone just pointed out to me on FB that if baby comes tomorrow, her date of birth will be 10.11.12 (well to us UK ladies, I know you say the month before the day over in the US/Canada). That would be a pretty cool D.O.B! As would 12.12.12, but I don't want to go that far over for that one!

Girls I think I having some kind of mental breakdown. I can't stop worrying that something will happen to the baby. He's been moving loads tonight so I thought is listen in with my Doppler to try see if I could figure out if he's been moving head down. I listened in for about 10 mins and at one point the heart rate seemed to really slow for a couple if seconds then speed right back up. He was wriggling through all this. Now I can't get the thought out of my head that he's strangling in the cord or something??! Just feel like I'm going mad?? One panic after another????

Toothfairy step away from the doppler, put away in the closet along with the self bp checking machine. These things will drive you mad if you let them. :hugs: lo is perfectly ok.

I definitely think a snowflake is coming in the next week or so, since we've got quite a few folks who are term or close to it. I think i'll be the one 10 days overdue and have to get an induction :dohh:

stark I felt EXACTLY the same way last night. SOOO much pressure, I felt like my vadge was going to come right out of my body or something. The only thing I can figure is that baby dropped, although I don't really look like it so much.

toothfairy, put the doppler down :)

I want this baby to come already, but then again I want her to wait until my DD (12-12-12) so she can have the coolest birthday ever. I wish I could fast forward a month! Work is a freaking torture chamber (I'm a CNA in a nursing home) and I am so very uncomfortable. I would also love to sleep without having to wake up almost peeing my bed :wacko:

I agree toothfairy, please put the doppler down. Baby is just fine :hugs: it's tricky trying to listen to their heart beat at this stage as the placenta is huge and has it's own pulse, plus you could be picking up on your own too so it might be confusing. If you're worried at all then ring your MW, but I am sure everything is ok :flower:

Don't worry toothfairy, your little wiggling LO must be doing okay if they are moving so much :) Easier said than done though, I know!! I'm always shaking my belly around and waking up the poor thing if she's been quiet a while!

As for me, tonight feeling very sore in my lower back/tailbone. Assuming this is from the crazy lady cleaning frenzy I was on earlier today. I do feel a TON of pressure though. I really feel like there's a bowling ball down there. It's pretty intense!

I also think there'll be a baby (or babies!) pretty soon! I can't wait!!

Girls since I last posted I have been getting regular tightenings every 4-6 minutes. It's been almost 3 hours now. Not painful but you can even see my belly rising?? I've had a bath and paracetamol and am going up bed now! It will go either way then I guess!!

Oh wow toothfairy!!! Whatever happens, hoping for the best for you and LO! :D Go toothfairy goooo! :D

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay toothfairy!! Can't wait to see what develops!!

Baby's still head down and pressing every now and then, but nothing constant. Still loads of time for that I guess!

Today's been quite hard for me, really missing DH (two more weeks) and snapping at my parents, who I have been staying with till he comes to Canada. Augh. Think I just need to get some time out on my own...am hoping this is just a hormonal swoop and tomorrow I'll wake up being a happy camper again. I can't talk to DH about it since where he is, things are BRUTAL right now - so every time we skype I have to be positive and reassure him that all is good. Sorry....just needed to vent.

Nothing to report ladies!

I went to bed after I posted and they settled down. I was woken by a few through the night but it certainly didnt progress! I was pleased really as I just didnt feel ready! Today I'm a bit disappointed though.

So what was all that about?? It was more than just the random BHs I've been getting? They were bang on regular and could even see them? Were they actually doing something do you think? Am wondering if today will bring more? It's all that ball bouncing I think!!!!

Oi Toothfairy - we are due the same day so no going before me! :rofl: Only kidding it will give me hope.
I had a similar episode on 31st October for a good 6-8 hours but they disappeared too. Had to have a colposcopy this week and it showed no change in my cervix either. :(

Though after one early baby I'm quite excited to be able to say next week I got to 37 weeks. :happydance: Then I hopefully get the water birth Ive always wanted! :)

Oh how exciting toothfairy :yipee: it sounds similar to what I had when we went to the firework display. Contractions coming regularly, slightly painful but more sharp and intense than anything. I hope yours return and develop into something.

Expattc :hugs: it must be so hard that your DH is still away. I hope these next 2 weeks fly by for you.

We DTD last night and it set off my BH, I got really excited and hoped this would be it, but they died down to nothing! OH kindly offered to go for round 2, but I was far too tired so had to decline :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->