*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

hi ladies not sure whats going on with me atm! Ive had a horrible cough for weeks, thing is Ive been emptying my bladder completely, rocking ect but within about five mins i cough and i am leaking happening Constantly today! Lots of pressure on my cervix as well also Ive had bad diahorrea sorry for tmi but not sure Whats going on?

Could the loose stools be your clear out mummy? Maybe it's things starting to happen?

I can't keep up!

Expat...so sorry about your DH and I'm sure you're so excited to see him soon.

AFM I have had no twinges, no BH, nothing. I know I've got a little while but still I'm so ready to have this baby. I can barely lift my leg to get into my car without feeling like a baseball is wedged in my pelvis. We took a little weekend road trip and every time we hit a bump in the road baby pushed her head down on my bladder and stretched her feet up into my ribs. I found if I stretch back and gently press where her feet are she will squish back down again but it leaves me completely breathless.

I CAN'T WAIT to see who pops first!!!! I'm still convinced I'm going to be five days overdue. (I accidentally wrote "I can't wait to see who poops first" and got a good laugh and had to go back and edit it. But sometimes that's how I feel lately. Anyone have any tips? I'm miserable. Pear juice? Fresh fruit? The constipation is getting a little ridiculous.

Fig newtons, the fig kind with some hot water and lemon. Have it as a snack before bed and you'll probably have to go in the morning. It's not the tastiest thing ever but it seems to work for me. Some days I have no problem going to the bathroom and others I can't go at all and it's painful! Can't wait until my body gets back to normal!

Mummy - make sure that leaking isn't amniotic fluid! And the diarrhea is always a good pre-labor sign!

I'm so happy to see a few of you symptom spotting and having the same false labor I'm having -- it makes me feel less crazy!

I thought for sure yesterday morning was going to be it -- was having intense BH contractions every 7 minutes or so for 2-3 hours, then they started to fade off a bit so I took a nap, then nada.

Poor DH is purely a prostaglandin-emission producing machine to me at this point (I've had us DTD every morning almost for the past week). I do get a few strong contractions after but again, nothing consistent or lasting. All I am hoping for at this point is that it will mean a slightly shorter labor as I know I am having very slow changes to my cervix. Poor guy remarked yesterday that he was a little creeped out having sex as he thinks he can feel the head. I'm pretty sure he IS feeling the head, but I didn't give him any grace. We just changed positions so he could feel it less and ta da, I get my prize :)

I love the frenzy going on here!!!

I think all these old wives tales are pants!! Sex, curry, pineapple! None of it works, babies come when they want and it doesn't matter what you do to encourage it, if they're not ready then they're staying put!!

With last pregnancy I even had 6 sweeps and nothing, not a single contraction from any of them!!!

Got consultant appointment tomorrow to discuss possible labour plans after the last traumatic birth so not really sure what they're going to say but I'm really unsure as to what to do, wether to carry on being pregnant and go overdue or opt for a planned c section in case of what could be??? C section is an easy option at the time but I'm not keen to have the recovery period to deal with over Xmas, new year and with 4 other kids to look after, decisions decisions!!!

The old wives tales are good if you're body is ready ;) and with all these symptoms going around in here at the moment it's worth giving everything a shot!

GenY, my OH is being used for the same thing ;) hehe! I have read that the prostaglandins in semen can be actually more effective ingested through the gut than deposited at the cervix. I made the mistake of telling my OH this news and his little face lit right up :rofl: I quickly told him we wouldn't be doing that!!

Lol Lolly.... Typical man! I would get the same reaction from my DH if I mentioned that! Too funny....

Well I am inclined to agree with Fifi, babies will come when they are ready. There is however no harm trying everything under the sun to make them get a wiggle on! I was induced on my due date with dd1 which after a long labour, getting to 10cm, pushing for 2 hours resulted in an emergency c section, dd2 was an elective c section 12 days before due date and this LO is scheduled c section 6 days before due date unless he decides to come early (which I strongly doubt he will). I have completely ruled out a vbac2 as I found recovery after my last c section quite difficult. What will be will be is how I am looking at it. I have been watching a few birthing shows on tv and freaking myself out watching c sections, silly I know 😝!

My ribs are on the mend. I coughed the other day and felt a huge pop the a searing pain and couldn't move properly for two days! It was hell but getting better now thank goodness!!

To all of you with illness and annoying symptoms hope they pass quickly!

Enjoy labour spotting everyone!!! Xx

* that was I haven't completely ruled out a vbac2....

Just so people know, trgirl had her little boy this weekend! :happydance:

Hurray! Our first snowflake! Congratulations trgirl!

No news here. Baby going crazy, DH refusing to DTD (because he is nowhere near finishing the DIY and can't take any chances!) and I feel like a sleep deprived zombie..... I have a hospital appt this Wed to decide whether or not I will be induced at 39/52 (it's part of a trial). Not excited about the idea of an induction but at this stage I think I'm ready for the eviction and to finally meet the LO who is beating me up from the inside! (GenY - I WISH they were tickles in the girls parts but it is more like electric shocks for me!)

Stay well everyone x

Whooooooooohooooooo!!! Bring on the snowflakes! Congratulations trgirl!!!

Congrats trgirl! This thread has become very exciting!

So exciting! Our first snowflake has arrived! And she was due 2 days before me! Could be any time now for any of us I suppose!
I just drank my first cup of rlt. Not bad. For those of you using rlt and epo in the US, what brands are you using? and how much? how often? I have generic epo left over from ttc and I was concerned about using it vaginally. I have read the info threads on it but I'm wondering about your personal experiences and specifics.

Thanks everyone! It was quite a shock, was induced because I had a slow leak of amniotic fluid. Baby is technically pre-mature, but has a good birth weight and good sugar levels so they let us take him home today. But yes... it could be any day now for a lot of you!

Good luck to everyone with labour, we were lucky it was very quick. If it is your first time, it does pass, even though sometimes it doesn't feel like it will... and you really do forget all about it when you see your baby's face. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->