*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Huge :hugs: ladies not feeling well...

Toothfairy, I hope that your MW can give you some answers - I'm only guessing what 'fob' means, but maybe make an exact list of questions and don't leave (or hang up if it's a phone appt) until you get them answered? Just keep saying something like 'I'm a bit emotional, so I just want to make sure I get this right - I know you understand', and hopefully they won't brush you off!!

As for the car seat liners / covers, I've been told that if you do go down that route, make SURE nothing goes between baby and the straps of the seat and seat belts, as sometimes liners will not let the seats tighten up as much as they should. I'm sure most of them consider this (?) but it has come up as a ''hot issue'' on a few other forum threads.

trgirl, he's so cuuuuuuuuuute. And you've inspired me. I really wanted to knit something but have been procrastinating. A little toque would be perfect. Maaaaybe with a little Italian flag (DH) and maple leaf (me). Or maaaaaybe I should start a bit easier. lol.

Thanks expatttc

Since I posted earlier I had a phone call from the midwife at the consultant clinic at the hospital who had received the referral from my own midwife who thought I needed to be seen at 40 wks there due to my age. Turned out to be a really useful coincidence for me. She was phoning to clarify dates etc.

Anyway I ended up explaining the full situation to her, that baby is oblique etc and told her about my 'symptoms' I have had this weekend. I told her I felt like everything was being left to the last minute and she totally agreed with me saying even if nothing could be done but wait and see.....a plan needs to be in place regarding baby position. After going off to check with colleagues/consultant? She called me back and I have an appt at consultant clinic tomorrow at 2.35pm!!! She said there wasn't a scan appt available at the same time but that if Doctor thinks I need one they will get hold of portable one or get me in for one very soon etc. She also told me to GET OFF THE BALL and stop bouncing and not to do anything encourage these contractions until I have been seen tomorrow as risk of prolapse cord if waters break! She told me if I think I am in labour for real or waters break to call in immediately.

I feel very very relieved. She was great and couldn't have called at a better time. She told me to think of all the things I want to know and ask it all tomorrow!!!

Ocean, I don't think you need one but it is a personal choice of course :flower: It will be a cold winter so might be a good idea, but you wouldn't want baby to get too hot in the car. If you'll be using the carseat on a pushchair frame though I probably would x

You're right, didn't think of that :thumbup: not good to over heat them.

I've washed all his little clothes and arranged it all, going to do my hospital bag on Wednesday, starting to feel so real :cloud9:

Toothfairy, I'm so glad they have listened to you and moved your appointment. Good to know they looking after you and baba:hugs: hope appointment goes well tomorrow:hugs:

That's great you spoke to a MW toothfairy :hugs: good luck at your appointment tomorrow, and no more bouncing!!

Awww enjoy packing your hospital bag ocean! I've packed and unpacked and repacked mine about 4 times now :dohh: I know I've got far too much stuff in there too but oh well!

Trgirl congratulations! I popped over and read your birth story, sounds perfect even though he was a little early!

Tooth fairy and mummy will be thinking of you guys, seems like your LOs are giving you clues that they're ready to come soon.

Afm I feel so far away from any sort of labor. I just had my last baby shower this weekend so will be taking inventory and purchasing the rest of our baby gear this week. I also still need to pack my hospital bag. But not really stressed bc I think I'm more likely to go late than early. I'm excited because my maternity leave is coming up soon. Last day of work is the 21st. After that I think it will all feel more real

Congratz. Trgirl. Had my baby shower this weekend ordered my double stroller order my new baby bottles and an going to stock up on diapers today plus get a box for dd to get ahead. I can't beloved in just a short time imma b a mommy of two girls so exciting

Calling the pediatrician this week, but when do I steralize the bottles? I'm going to try breastfeeding first but I don't want to not clean the bottles in case something happens and I can't bf for some reason. Is it too soon for that?

2016 thanks for the info on the epo. I am worried about inserting it especially since here in the US we go for pelvic exams once a week this far along. The doctor might figure out I've been inserting it and I'll surely get a speech about it. Perhaps I'll just take it orally and increase my dose with each week and have a lot of sex.

Nothing new here for me. Not feeling many symptoms of anything. Just hoping for anything to happen. I'd love to have this baby in 3 weeks time but right now it isn't looking good. Oh well! Anyhow I need to get some things done today. Feeling anxious and needing to get things in order.

Uk girls, where did you get maternity pads from?

I got a selection some thick ones and some thin ones both from mothercare and then got some extra thick and thin ones from Boots. Obviously I haven't used them yet but the mothercare ones seem better?

Uk girls, where did you get maternity pads from?

I got a selection some thick ones and some thin ones both from mothercare and then got some extra thick and thin ones from Boots. Obviously I haven't used them yet but the mothercare ones seem better?

Thanks hun, will get mothercare ones. I've heard you go through a lot so will stock up

I got a pack from Boots and another from Asda. My PP bleeding last time died down after a few days so I was able to use normal pads after that, thankfully, as maternity pads are so thick and uncomfy!

I got extra because even though it was 14 years since I had my last baby the waters went 24 hours before real labour so I used a pack or 2 just cos of the water!

Didn't think of that, the waters can trickle over hours sometimes, will defo get a couple of packs

I had to have my waters broken last time so no trickling for me. Something to maybe look forward to this time!

Tmi- I had quite a bit of bloody discharge after dtd last night. I was really hoping that meant a little more than it did. The doctor said its all normal. I'm 1-2 cm dilated and starting to soften. Was hoping to be a little farther than that with all the irregular contractions I've been having but no such luck yet. I plan on deep cleaning the house when I get home. I've also been bouncing on the ball like crazy lol. I figure none of this maybe helping but it's not hurting either so why not?

Im going to call the pediatrician this afternoon and see what they say - just let them know i'm due soon right and need to go ahead and get my baby a slot?

US ladies, where have you gotten maternity pads? I only see maxi pads and depends in the stores. Nothing in between. I got some of each.

I scored 3 boxes of newborn diapers from a friend who had a baby recently. She said she got so many at her baby shower and her baby grew out of them so fast. I'm hoping this is a good starting stash for me and we wont need to buy any in nb size. We only brought 1s and 2s so far.

Congrats on being dialed stark! I'm so jealous - nothing for me yet.

ImSoTired, I was wondering the same thing about sterilizing the bottles. Is it too soon?

Blu I'm not sure about the bottles. I'm thinking it's too soon but if baby is born next week then it isn't too soon...I can't tell!:wacko: Also I didn't get any maternity pads I just got the biggest thickest overnights I could find as I couldn't find anything that was specifically a maternity pad. Not sure they exist here. As for the diapers that should be plenty as I think Nb diapers only go up to 8 or 10 lbs and then you'll be using the 1's. For any unopened pack of diapers you can go to Walmart or target and exchange them for any different brand or size at customer service.

Stark it sounds as if you are progressing well. Congrats! I'm jealous as I don't have anything going on, no discharge, no dilation, no effacement, very few/weak BH. I did however have two sharp shocking pains in my lower abdomen and girly area today. I think it's just baby's head pressing down? Will see at the doctor tomorrow I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->