*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Went for a consultants appointment this afternoon, all fine, but they wanted to do a growth scan to make sure baby wasn't overly big, and I was shocked to hear that baby is already approx 6lb 8oz! This is with at least 4 weeks to go, I'm changing my weight guess to 9lb 9!!!! And also praying I'm wrong!!!

Calling the pediatrician this week, but when do I steralize the bottles? I'm going to try breastfeeding first but I don't want to not clean the bottles in case something happens and I can't bf for some reason. Is it too soon for that?

2016 thanks for the info on the epo. I am worried about inserting it especially since here in the US we go for pelvic exams once a week this far along. The doctor might figure out I've been inserting it and I'll surely get a speech about it. Perhaps I'll just take it orally and increase my dose with each week and have a lot of sex.

Nothing new here for me. Not feeling many symptoms of anything. Just hoping for anything to happen. I'd love to have this baby in 3 weeks time but right now it isn't looking good. Oh well! Anyhow I need to get some things done today. Feeling anxious and needing to get things in order.

You can wash the bottles now but you will need to sterilise them nearer the time you need them as bottles only stay sterile for 24 hours so if you sterilised them now and didn't use them for another few weeks they would most def need re sterilising,

I have bought some mini ready made bottles which are sterile until opened so that I don't have to worry about making bottles during the first few days,

One last thing, has anyone experienced any pain in there upper belly, not pushing or pulling or aching but more of a stinging, I've never felt anything like it and its really hard to describe but it only happens towards the end of the day but is really sore, no rash or anything like that and only in the same position every day!! Any ideas??

Oh I am SOOO glad to see someone popped their snowflake out...it gives me hope!! Congrats trgirl - he is beautiful!

toothfairy - so glad you got a hold of the MW -- looking forward to good news from your appt.

Blu - I just bought the big fat granny pads with wings, etc....not sure we have maternity-specific ones. Ugh, I haven't worn pads for over a decade. I HATE THEM!

I managed to gain 6lbs in water weight over the weekend by eating pizza (oops) and tortilla chips (double oops). Okay maybe at least 1-2 of the pounds was actual food/fat weight gain, but OMG I am so swollen, it's horrible. My giant clogs (Danskos) that I wear to work aren't even fitting today! I smash them on for when I'm up and about in the hospital but take them off as soon as I sit at my desk.

No salt for me ever again.

Ever.

trgirl, congrats on your snowflake!!! He is adorable :)

Toothfairy, glad you got ahold of someone to see you sooner rather than later. I'm sure you are much more reassured now! I know I would be!

Fifi - i have had pain in my upper abs for months. It stings and almost feels as if my muscle has ripped and just never recovered. The skin on the outside of that area is also numb. Not sure if its the same feeling you have, but i am not a fan and can't wait to regain feeling on the outside and lose the burning sensation on the inside!!

So who will be the next snowflake to pop??

I'm attaching a pic of my 35 week bump...it makes me laugh because I think it looks fake..like a basketball is shoved under my shirt. can't wait to meet my LO! Also shoudl be able to start DTD again, per Dr's orders to stop due to spotting. Although its been so long, and I've gotten so much more awkward I don't even know how i'm going to be able to DTD, but where there's a will, there's a way!

Attachments

• 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 7
Thanks Chloe! Your bump is so sweet!! And looks very low!! Has is dropped?

Chloe, u nailed it, it's like someone's scratching my skin from underneath!!

I can't tell if it has dropped or not...i have a pretty long torso, so my bump was never all that high to begin with. :shrug:

Great bump chloe :flower:

Re sterilising bottles - they only stay sterile for 24 hours when left unopened in a steriliser. I don't know how you ladies plan on sterilising your bottles, if you'll boil them or use a cold water solution or steam steriliser but I'd leave it for now as they'll need doing again when baby's here.

Not sure about the pain at the top of your bump fifi, is it baby stretching out?

One last thing, has anyone experienced any pain in there upper belly, not pushing or pulling or aching but more of a stinging, I've never felt anything like it and its really hard to describe but it only happens towards the end of the day but is really sore, no rash or anything like that and only in the same position every day!! Any ideas??

I get this, feels like a chinese burn but jo redness/rash. Also noticed my abdominal muscles have started to separate so I think it's related.

Imsotired - not sure about sterilising but I have been warned that its not great to be too prepared for bf failure, it becomes 'too easy' to give up and grab a bottle. A few things to remember is that the first few days can be painful, also your milk doesn't come in for 2-5days after birth. This is normal. Lots of women end up grabbing the bottle as they don't feel the baby is getting enough. They only need very small amounts early on.

How is everyone? Sorry I've not posted in ages again. This trend just moves so fast.

TrGirl - massive congrats!!

I'm numb on a patch of skin on the top right side of my bump...that is near where LO has been sticking his/her feet between my ribs and kicking my kidney, so I assume s/he found a nerve to mess with as well.

FUNNY STORY--
We got the Motorola video baby monitor with night vision, and it finally came in the mail the other day. DH was super excited to play with it because it is like a spy camera! Anyway, he took the camera into the bathroom where it was dark and was making faces to see how well I could see it on the night vision! Then he had us switch, and I went into the bathroom so he could see me on the camera. Well, the first thing I did in the dark room, of course, was lift up my shirt and flash the camera. Next thing I hear out of my DH's mouth is "OH MY GOD!" Turns out, when the camera is looking for objects putting out heat, the veins on a pregnant woman's boobs and stomach sure do shine bright...my chest was lit up like an f-ing Christmas tree. I looked like an alien!

Seriously though, worth a try if you have a night vision setting on your monitor....it was a great laugh!

GenY that made me laugh so hard. We won't have a moniter since only in a little one bedroom.

Baby was kicking up a storm the other night and pushing her feet way out. I'd say my skin was stretching a good 3-4 inches above normal. DHs reaction to that was "holy sh*t does that hurt?!"

Thanks for all the constipation advice ladies. We got home from a weekend trip and I think just being relaxed in my own house made a world of difference. I forgot how stressful being around relatives can be.

Great quote from the weekend and something to add to your list of things to NEVER EVER EVER say to a pregnant woman (because some jackass said it to me this weekend). "How many keg stands did you have to do to get a stomach like that?" Actually left me speechless.

Congrats trgirl!! What did you name him?!?

His name is Andrew since he was supposed to be born close to St-Andrew's day...

GenY LOL.....too funny about your monitor making you glow in the dark! Reminds me of ET!!

Lillylee, glad that you're home, less stressed and relieved in more ways than one :)

I keep trying to video those crazy elbow/knee stretches but normally when I lift up my shirt, baby just freezes or quiets down....will keep trying, as I really want DH to see it -- he doesn't believe it when I tell him that it looks sometimes like there's a triangle of toblerone under my skin!

Congrats trgirl!! He's gorgeous! So exciting to have a little snowflake born already! :D

Not much new from me, still getting cramps on and off, super tired.. that's about it I think! Though I can't believe it's only 3 WEEKS till my c-section date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear, i sneezed and my uterus hurt like i had been punched. Any had this?

And ocean-pearl, i .think you were the one who mentioned cervix tickles? I was walking to the post office today and experienced that for the first time. So weird :haha:

Trgirl....Congratulations on the arrival of dear little Andrew! He looks like a very sweet baby indeed. Good job knitting hat too!

How exciting, 1st snowflake. Feel like I am behind in all the news here in Australia with the time difference!

Toothfairy glad you's re having your concerns addressed.

Gen Y, can always count on you for some entertaining stories!

Lillylee.. People are really annoying at times. I look huge and keep getting the statement not long now all the time when out.... Which is fine but its like a broken record at times.

Expatttc.... Why is it that they stop moving when you want them too. It happens nearly all the time with my LO?!

Looking forward to more announcements!!!

Morning ladies! Full term today for me and blu.

I'm shattered. Real bad insomnia still. I wake 4-5 times a night for a pee and on one of those occasions I'll be awake for a couple if hours. My mind was racing in the early hours about today's hospital appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->