*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Great news Toothfairy! I do think that although baby may be too big to keep flipping from head up to head down, he still can turn and face different directions. Sometimes I feel hiccups on the left and sometime on the right.

Thanks blu. This does make me feel better knowing it isn't just mine!! His head was in my hip at midwife appt last week so looks like the ball work I did shuffled him head down!

toothfairy, glad that your appt included a scan and chat about your concerns...my little one is also head down, but moves from side to side. Sometimes I can actually feel little footsteps across the top of my belly as the switch happens...lol, so I think they're just getting ready to settle down and engage!

Toothfairy it sounds like you had a great appt and everything is just fine! I hope you are feeling more at ease now.

I had a terrible appt. The nurse was so mean and made me want to cry. The Dr was nice as usual but he examined me and still nothing is happening which is disappointing. I wish the baby would come out just so I don't have to go see that nurse again!:cry: I've also gained a ton of weight and I just feel like crawling in a hole. On top of it all I spent a ton on Christmas today so I'll be broke for at least 2 weeks. I just want it all to be over and done!:nope:

Awww imsotired, not long to go now hun :hugs: they don't do internals over here in the uk and I'm actually really glad as I know that hearing you haven't dilated or effaced at all can be really upsetting and makes you feel like you will be pregnant forever (& vice versa, hearing you are starting to dilate and then getting your hopes up baby will arrive soon) but that's really not always the case. Your cervix can progress really quickly, with DD mine was firmly closed, thick and really high/far back but I got to fully dilated within 4 hours! It all happened so quickly I had to wait a whole hour before I could start pushing as her head still wasn't fully engaged and it needed to descend! And you can lose the weight easy once baby is here, I plan on going on a mega diet! Once we have a parenting thread we can all share tips on diet and exercise too :)

toothfairy, so glad you're feeling better after your appointment!!
ImSoTired, sorry you had to deal with a nasty nurse.. some people have no sense of how to deal with others! I wonder why they get into professions, esp nursing!!, where you are always dealing with others!?!
afm, I've having a bit of a problem.. See OH picked baby's first name, Tessa (I saw it in a list, said it and he actually liked it. I like it too, though I keep going back and forth on names so letting him make final decision!!). I'm picking middle names. I want to go with Anne-Marie Mae, after his and my moms. Only thing is, I have a stepmom too. I am not overly close with her, but we get along well, I just don't see her a lot. They live less than 2 hours away yet visit maybe 2-3 times a year. :p I never even thought about it till tonight when I realized that it might hurt her feelings. I think I'll call my dad and have a talk with him about it. Maybe he can speak to her and see how she feels. I don't want to hurt her, but I also don't want to add a third name. Plus, it would seem kinda odd or something, since our relationship isn't even close to my MIL and mom's...

Thanks girls!

I'm so tired.... I'm sorry you have had a bad appt. like lolly said, try not to read too much into it as I gather it doesn't mean much anyway. I think that's why they don't bother checking internally in uk!

Jules I would def speak to your dad or the baby will have such a long name to sign when she grows up!!!!!!

Lolly..... I was thinking yesterday that we're gonna need a thread for after the babies are here!!

Jules I don't think she will mind tbh she will understand that it's after your mum and ya no what if she isn't ok with it sod her cz she's jus being selfish at the end of the day ya mum gave birth to you.

Defo with you all on the diet thread I ave my bros wedding in August so I need to be in tip top condition for that, and we will b having the baby christened around then aswel cz my aunt will b coming home for a bit with my cousins to meet baby and go to my bros wedding, feel slightly awful on her really cz she has had to choose my bros wedding or mine in 2014 cz she can only afford the one but Karl's won cz she can't wait that long to meet baby Amaleigh, so tbh I don't mind and we are gunna have the christening then so everyone gets to cum ( and oh sis is in America till may anyway so it's fits in quiet well) and fingers crossed hopefully gives me tie to lose weight n tone up my legs are HORIFFIC xxxx

i started getting pains last night in my lower back and groin after a bath i got into bed and i managed to fall asleep woke up this morning with random lower stomach pains and not much pain in my back? I would have thought i would have know this time round but i have no idea keep Thinking ooo is that labour pains then no then maybe Its horrible!

Sara having seen your cute little bump I reckon you'll spring back into shape!!!

Mummy of... I know what you mean. I haven't had anything for a day or so now but thinks that's because I was told to stay off the ball and rest until knew where baby wa laying. But as you know I was having similar niggles. Try reassure yourself that it will al be doing something useful and that it might shorten the actual labour. That's what I keep telling myself! That every cramp or tightening is warning things up. I don't know if that's true but I bloody hope so!!!!!!!!!! Good luck! Hope it progresses we could do with these snowflakes staring to snow now!! We could end up with a blizzard and them all coming together!!!! :)

Juless, that's a difficult one. I would probably just stick with your mum and DH's mum's names. I'm sure your stepmum would understand? I would just always be thinking "what if my dad and her break up?!" And then your daughters left with a name of her grandad's ex! Of course, that may never happen, but at least with your mum's you know they'll be your mum's and her grandmother's forever. That's just what I would think though :) and her name would be so long too!

I've been getting a lot of pains during the evening but they always die off when I go to bed. My lower back still aches a little and the bottom of my bump is sore, almost like I pulled some muscles :shrug: I'm just hoping these pains are at least doing something!

It's weird to think of our parenting thread :yipee: I swear it only seems like 5 minutes ago this thread began!

Not sure hun, it was 130/86 at my 36w check up and although still a little high compared to my booking appt's, it had fallen loads since I was admitted. I should be going up to my GP surgery to have it checked really, but I feel fine so haven't bothered :blush: I have my 38w appt with the MW on Thurs anyway so hoping its still in the normal range :)

:hugs:Thats good Lolly!

Has everyone got their names sorted??? I'm having a real dilemma!!!!! We had always said that we would call the baby Billy, even years before we said if we either got a dog or a baby he would be called Billy which I think is really cute and cheeky sounding. Then as got into pregnancy I would mention it to people as you do and not many liked it so it put me off a little. Then we went through lists and came up with Finley which most people like. Now I am not sure, hubby has now decided he likes Oscar!! Which my mum hates and I am not sure of.

Everything I like he doesn't (Billy, Samuel,Harvey or Joel) everything he likes I don't (Oscar and Felix!!!). But I don't want to call him Finley just because we can't think of anything better and "it will have to do"!!!!

We have her name picked out (and a few others incase the name doesn't suit her) but we haven't told anyone :D I made that same mistake when pregnant with DD and got a lot of negative responses about our choices, it's strange how people think they can just give their unwanted opinions like that :wacko: you wouldn't meet a person and tell them you don't like their name, so why would you tell a parent to be the same about their name choices!? Anyway... we are keeping completely quiet this time! x

We've been the same way with names. Kept changing our minds, and we have a hard time agreeing on names we both like. That's why I let DH make the final decision, cause I just couldn't decide which one "felt" right. We are keeping completely quiet on the first name too, since we don't want to deal with any comments. :)
Can't believe you're almost 38 weeks lolly!! I'll be full-term tomorrow and I can't believe it! I had a nice hot bath last night and during had a reeeeally painful contraction/BH or something, right into my cervix. I had to breathe through it! No more came though, of course! Doctor's appointment today and I think he'll check my cervix. Also going to talk to him about options for induction that don't involve anything too intrusive.

We decided on names early on, and once we knew the sex told everyone what our choice was so people could get over it lol. The only person who has commented was my mum but I knew she would so just ignored her grumbling and now she calls bump by her name all the time :)
Happy term everyone who's now 37 weeks! We all seem so close now.
Glad your BP seems to have settled lolly and you can carry on as normal with the last part of pregnancy.
Hope everyone is enjoying their wednesday :hugs:

I am with Lolly about keeping name hush unless its on an anonymous thread... Everyone has their opinion. Boys names are harder as they are very over used, well I am finding that they are. We really love Max and Liam but I worried he will have another 4 or 5 in his class at school. It's so hard.

Toothfairy I have to say I really like Felix but DH doesn't and I also like Oscar but its very popular too. I like Billy, it's cute. Maybe you will have to wait until you see your LO. I play the name game everyday! Researching researching! It's doing my head in a bit. I think we have a winner but possibly will wait until we see him. My girls were so much easier to name 😝!!

Lolly.... Just realised I haven't guess birth weight of my LO. I am guessing 10lbs 2oz.... Yes a whopper!! They say subsequent babies only increase in size and that boys are bigger than girls..... Hoping I am wrong and he is smaller but my girls were 10lb 2 and 9lb 6!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->