*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Wow munch!! That'll be a whopper!!! :)

I'm going to try get hubby to make a short list tonight and like you've all said not tell anyone!!

We've not got a definite name yet, a few on a list. But we won't know till we see baba. I just hope we find a name in time. I know someone who didn't have a name for their baby for two weeks......poor wee thing:dohh:

We've got our name I was gunna keep it quiet but nt care at the end of the day if you like it that's all that matters and I can't wait to meet out beautiful baby girl :) Amaleigh xxxx

Well we arrived at hospital around 7:30am. When they checked me at 8am I was about 5cm. Started pushing at 9:03am and my beautiful daughter Felicity was born at 9:15am.

She weighs 7lbs 10oz and a cute 48cm. Totally utterly in love. :cloud9:

ps. If you have me on FB...shhhhh!!!

Oh wow congratulations 2016! Pictures when you got time please! :happydance:
Yeah turning into a bit of a snow shower now:kiss:

Well we arrived at hospital around 7:30am. When they checked me at 8am I was about 5cm. Started pushing at 9:03am and my beautiful daughter Felicity was born at 9:15am.

She weighs 7lbs 10oz and a cute 48cm. Totally utterly in love. :cloud9:

ps. If you have me on FB...shhhhh!!!

Yay!!!!:happydance::happydance: It's snowing!!!!! Huge congratulations you were also due on the same day as me!!!! well done and a beautiful name.

Photos are needed now! x x x x x

Congrats 2016! What a nice size too!

We've also been keeping our names secret too. I'm just too much of a people pleaser and I know I'll be influenced by negative responses. I am a little put out though, some family friends had their little girl last Saturday and their choice of name is exactly what our original choice of girls name (both first and second) was! A couple of months ago we decided on a different second name but I don't know if we can still use the first name. Its not like its people we actually see but I still feel a little weird. Thankfully we do have another choice of girls name if we really want to change. But boys names.... we can only agree on one and I think I'll die if someone uses it before us!!

Can't post photos until we get home. She is very cute though (biased). :)

It wasnt that short a labour...first rumblings started at 10:30pm. Started timing contractions at 1am. Pushing was quicker though as it took 40 mins last time. This time around 10 minutes! Only a slight 1st degree this time had 2nd borderline 3rd last.

She's a hungry girl though and hasn't stopped feeding since she was about 15 minutes old! The after pains are a kicker!!!! :haha:

Congrats 2016!

It's starting to snow! I'm so excited! I can't wait to see posts and pictures from everyone as I'm convinced I'm going to go straight to term which leaves me with a whole month now to be jealous over everyone else's babies!

Yaaaay our second little Snowflake! Huge congratulations 2016 :flower:

Juless, hope your appt goes well today!

Congrats!!! 2016 that's awesome!!!

Juless - good luck on your appointment today. And I agree with the other ladies, just use your and DH mom's names.

DH and I haven't told anyone baby's name yet either. I finally told him that I'd agree to name our baby after him because I ordered a monogrammed bib and blanket and he was dying to see it for some reason - even though I hadn't told him about it. Well he saw it and got all emotional but I reminded him that I did not want him to tell anyone, including his darn mother.

We did have to have a conversation last night about the fact that no one will be in the room when I labor - only him. It will not be a circus act with people standing around watching and I let him know that I don't want anyone ringing the alarm and notifying the world when I go into labor either. I'm not going to tell anyone b/c I just want it to be me, him and baby enjoying our first intimate family moments without people gawking or asking, is he here yet??

Just noticed - both of the snowflakes that were born were due on Dec. 4 - that's my due date! Sooooo jealous!!! Do share your secrets!

Congrats 2016! Great job!

I have to say I'm going to be jealous as well because I feel like I have a long road ahead of me yet. Though I truly hope not! Can't wait for my snowflake.

DH and I have decided on a name and so far haven't changes our minds but we haven't told anyone as I don't want criticism and I may see the baby and change my mind, so I don't want there to be any confuseion. But DH and I have decided on Caitlyn Isabel. :flower:

DH and I have decided on a name and so far haven't changes our minds but we haven't told anyone as I don't want criticism and I may see the baby and change my mind, so I don't want there to be any confuseion. But DH and I have decided on Caitlyn Isabel. :flower:

Love it! DH and I keep changing our mind about the baby's name. I've latched onto a specific name that I love but DH says it's too old fashioned. Then he saw a movie made this year where the little girl had that name and he's completely changed his mind about it! (Glad the little girl wasn't a spoiled brat in the movie though). I've told about 2 people and get blank stares back. Not even a "Wow, that's unique (and in my head I'm thinking how ugly that is)" comments. So people are just going to have to deal with it I guess.

I can't believe we're all actually going to have babies over the next few weeks???

Sometimes it feels almost like I'm playing a game if anyone knows what I mean? I find it hard to get my head round that a baby is actually in there and that we'll have a new person living in the house! Does this make sense?? You go for your checks, see the scan, listen to the heart, feel it move but the reality just doesn't sink in!

I know what you mean :lol: I really can't get my head around the fact I'll be holding our newborn in 2 weeks (or less, hopefully not more!). It just doesn't seem real yet :wacko:

Went and got fitted for my nursing bras today, which was hard as my bump is still quite high, so I just hope they still fit once bubs is here! I am now officially ready for her arrival. C'monnnn baby, mama's ready now!

Congrats!!! 2016 that's awesome!!!

Juless - good luck on your appointment today. And I agree with the other ladies, just use your and DH mom's names.

DH and I haven't told anyone baby's name yet either. I finally told him that I'd agree to name our baby after him because I ordered a monogrammed bib and blanket and he was dying to see it for some reason - even though I hadn't told him about it. Well he saw it and got all emotional but I reminded him that I did not want him to tell anyone, including his darn mother.

We did have to have a conversation last night about the fact that no one will be in the room when I labor - only him. It will not be a circus act with people standing around watching and I let him know that I don't want anyone ringing the alarm and notifying the world when I go into labor either. I'm not going to tell anyone b/c I just want it to be me, him and baby enjoying our first intimate family moments without people gawking or asking, is he here yet??

Just noticed - both of the snowflakes that were born were due on Dec. 4 - that's my due date! Sooooo jealous!!! Do share your secrets!

Well I had no signs whatsoever. Baby was 2/5ths engaged the day before but she had been more engaged a couple weeks ago and popped out.
The consultant told me to try the "hots" to get her out - "hot bath, hot curry, hot sex". I had a pretty hot bath with 4 drops each clary sage and lavender. Had dinner and took an EPO. DTD (not so hot but we tried :haha:) around 9:30pm and I went to bed straight after. By 10:30pm the first rumblings started.
I skipped the curry and I'm glad I did cos I would have done curry farts throughout! :blush:

Love it! DH and I keep changing our mind about the baby's name. I've latched onto a specific name that I love but DH says it's too old fashioned. Then he saw a movie made this year where the little girl had that name and he's completely changed his mind about it! (Glad the little girl wasn't a spoiled brat in the movie though). I've told about 2 people and get blank stares back. Not even a "Wow, that's unique (and in my head I'm thinking how ugly that is)" comments. So people are just going to have to deal with it I guess.

I'm kinda the same. I love old fashioned names. I never even mentioned one of them to DH that I LOVE because I know DH wouldn't approve. It was one of my great grandmother's names- Stella. I think it's so cute and it's regaining popularity now a days. But the name I always wanted- because it's another of my great grandmother's names is Isabel. So I used that as the middle. I rattled off a bunch of names I wasn't sure about but I thought were pretty and DH heard Caitlyn and loved it. So I put them together and it's really grown on me. So fx'd I still feel that way when baby is born.

I also can't believe that I'll have my first baby in a few short weeks. What a change I'm in for! But it's exciting and I can't wait to see her.

Nursing bras:dohh: I know my boobs have grown and I'm afraid of what size I'll be now. I am dreading going to buy my nursing bras. That is one of the last things I have to do and I'm not looking forward to it. I may out it off until after the birth unless my mother or someone gets a hold of me and makes me do it sooner.I kind of hope she does so it'll get done but at the same time I don't want to. Make any sense?:shrug: Hormones, maybe...

Congrats 2016!!

I am 12 days away from induction! We have our names picked out and I really hope they fit the babies because we can't agree on anything else!! We told my immediate family and my MIL, but haven't told anyone else. My friends get so annoyed!!

We are naming them Emma Grace and Owen James. Nothing weird or unusual. I think my friends are wondering if the names are really weird since I wont tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->