*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

2016 - curry farts :rofl: hahahaha! That's the main reason I don't know if I want to try eating a hot curry/spicy food, because the last thing I need is for spicy farts throughout labour. And if I do accidentally let a number 2 out I imagine it'd be so much more embarrassing being a smelly spicy one :lol: sorry ladies, far TMI there!!

Imsotired, I would try get at least one or two nursing bras before baby arrives. I didn't get any with DD and thought I would be ok with normal/sport bras and it was a mistake. As soon as my milk came in my boobs were huge, like double the size, and I could barely fit in my normal bras!

Shan, those names are beautiful :) I really like traditional names, I'm not a big fan of quirky or anything to ''out there''. We have another lovely simple name for this little lady, I just hope it suits her too!

Toothfairy...I feel fab! Just waiting to be discharged now. Being preggers is awful for me with SPD and a bad bladder/kidney infection at the end so I'm instantly in 90% LESS pain than I was yesterday.

ttc_lolly. Must admit there was a fair bit of poo from me. :blush so than heavens it didnt smell of much. I delivered standing up so could see little droppings plopping on the floor but the MWs just whisked it away no fuss. It's natural and unavoidable anyway.

2016 - curry farts :rofl: hahahaha! That's the main reason I don't know if I want to try eating a hot curry/spicy food, because the last thing I need is for spicy farts throughout labour. And if I do accidentally let a number 2 out I imagine it'd be so much more embarrassing being a smelly spicy one :lol: sorry ladies, far TMI there!!

Imsotired, I would try get at least one or two nursing bras before baby arrives. I didn't get any with DD and thought I would be ok with normal/sport bras and it was a mistake. As soon as my milk came in my boobs were huge, like double the size, and I could barely fit in my normal bras!

Shan, those names are beautiful :) I really like traditional names, I'm not a big fan of quirky or anything to ''out there''. We have another lovely simple name for this little lady, I just hope it suits her too!

How will I know what size to get before my milk comes in then? I know they've already grown and gotten heavier but I don't know about what they'll look like when they fill with milk. I do have 2 nursing bras but they are actually already feeling tight and I know I'm in need of bigger ones and really don't want them squished when they may be painful. Should I get a size bigger or what?

I got one nursing bra that looks like a sports bra with the hooks that let it flap down and just got XL. Then I got a couple nursing tank tops. When I get real nursing bras (like the kind I can wear when I got back to work) I want to get nice ones and want to be sure on the size, so I am just going to wait til after the boobies decide what they want to do.

I got one nursing bra that looks like a sports bra with the hooks that let it flap down and just got XL. Then I got a couple nursing tank tops. When I get real nursing bras (like the kind I can wear when I got back to work) I want to get nice ones and want to be sure on the size, so I am just going to wait til after the boobies decide what they want to do.

Thats the kind I have but they are already a little restricting so I'm sure they won't work after my milk comes in.

Congrats 2016!!!! So exciting! Looking forward to pics! X

Congrats 2016! Great job!

I have to say I'm going to be jealous as well because I feel like I have a long road ahead of me yet. Though I truly hope not! Can't wait for my snowflake.

DH and I have decided on a name and so far haven't changes our minds but we haven't told anyone as I don't want criticism and I may see the baby and change my mind, so I don't want there to be any confuseion. But DH and I have decided on Caitlyn Isabel. :flower:

That's my sisters first name (with the same spelling too!). So I'm biased but Love it!

Imsotired, love the name caitlyn! I actually suggested that to DH a while back, but he wasn't on board.

Sanfran - also love your names...nice and simple.

2016 - huge congrats! Sounds like a pretty good labor. LOL about the poo and curry farts...i'm sure doctors don't think twice about poo or farts during labor as it must be so common!

I think we have settled on a name for my LO...although we aren't telling friends/family, I can tell you guys...its a mouthful...Gabriella Serafina. Serafina after DH's great grandmother who he was very close with, and Gabriella because it is nice and elegant, and has an endless supply of nicknames. I dont love how the 2 names flow together, but oh well. Not much goes well with Serafina as a middle name, and I told him i didn't want that as the first name. I think i will call her Gabby or Ella, depending on her personality.

Congrats to 2016!!

San Fran - beautiful names! And that's the exact same thing I did for nursing bras. I don't want to buy the expensive nice ones until my boobs settle into the size they'll be.

We picked our name and announced it when we found out the sex. We've gotten wonderful response and I just love when other people gush about how excited they are for Harrison to come or ask how Harrison is doing.

SanFran--love your name choices

daydream--Harrison was going to be our pick if this baby was a boy, so obviously love that one.

Chloe--I really think Gabriella Serefina flows quite nicely. The first thing I thought when I read it was "so elegant". It really does sound like a princess name.

Daydream Harrison is my sons bet friends name and its lovely! Am definitely going to try get hubby to talk seriously about a name tonight. Or at least short list a couple!

2016 I am sooooooo scared of pooing an labour in front of hubby! I know that's mad but I'll be so embarrassed especially as I've had diarreah for the past few weeks!!!!!!! Sorry tmi!

Do you ladies know if you clear most of it in early labour usually? I can't remember back to mine!

I must say that I absolutely LOVE the names you ladies have picked out!!!

I am dying over here at the "spicy farts" and the thought of a spicy smelling poo during labor almost made me fall out of my chair laughing. I do hope I can avoid doing this.

2016 so glad you and little one are doing well. And I'll have to mention the hot bath and hot sex to DH. Going to give it a go tonight although we've been DTD pretty regularly already with not even the slightest BH afterwards.

I haven't gotten the slightest clue about buying a nursing bra, how do you know what size to get when you don't know how big your boobs will be??? I'm such a FTM, I have no clue :dohh:

And I got all :happydance: at the thought of a parenting thread. It has been such a great journey with you ladies, can't wait to experience motherhood with you as well!

Congrats 2016! So exciting to see some babies arriving although I am now a bit jealous as missus seems far too comfy :haha:
Lovely names everyone I love hearing the reasons behind peoples name choices. Realised I didnt tell you our choice which is Ruri Emi :kiss:
Think I will try some more persuading her out this evening, ive been really uncomfortable all day and just feeling slightly fed up now. Especially as my 6 yr old DD seems to be on a mission to annoy and id have more patience if I wasnt feeling so pregnant :dohh:

Here in the uk you can get measured for nursing bra. I have a lovely lingerie shop in the village where I live similar to bravissimo and I always get from there as I have big boobs! I'm same size as through pregnancy but the nursing bra she measured me for has extra fasteners across the back and the cups and full with lots of stretch to allow for milk to come in. She only advised me to buy one and to go back after a couple of weeks when milk has settled and don't have bump expanding ribs

OOOH! Snowflake #2 is here! :happydance: Congrats 2016 -- I'll have to try the hot bath/hot sex thing as well! Did you do the EPO vaginally or ingest?

I also got super excited at the thought of the parenting thread...how nice to know I'll have all of you wonderful ladies to connect with on the issues that arise during our new chapters! :flower: And yes, there will be weight loss success in that thread as well!

I love everyone's names -- we have also kept ours quiet, and recently, we have both backtracked on our boys name. Luckily, even though we are technically team yellow, we are quite confident this LO is pink after an ultrasound tech at my work let the "she" word slip when taking a peek around week 18. The tech tried to correct herself but that, coupled with the fact that my DH looked during the 20 week scan and "couldn't tell" makes me pretty sure we will be good with our girls name: Summer Navani. Yes, Summer...for a Winter baby. It is just such a happy, bright name! And Navani is the middle name of my DH's grandmother from Papua New Guinea.

Well my MW appt yesterday was good and crap at the same time. Turns out my regular MW won't be back until Nov 26th (!) so this baby is not allowed to come until then. The other MW I saw was...fine....but we didn't really care for her much and I didn't like her bedside manner. She did do a quick scan and showed baby was head down (didn't comment on position or engagement anymore than that, but I'm still carrying pretty darn high.) She also checked my cervix (roughly!) and I'm 70% effaced and 1.5cm dilated. So, not much change since my little episode of pre-term labor. I have to see her one more time next week, then my wonderful MW is back after that and baby is welcome to make an appearance then. :baby:

I wanted to share one of the quick maternity photos that DH and I had done with a friend who is a photographer. I love how it captures exactly how DH and I feel about this time in our lives :cloud9: Hopefully DH doesn't mind his picture being splashed around the internet....:haha:

https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/jenbella83/maturnityphotos-7-1.jpg

GenY, what a beautiful photo :cloud9: you guys look so happy!

ImSoTired - do you not have any places that measure you over there? I got measured today and the assistant said you should be able to fit a fist inside of the cup (along with your breast!) and this will allow enough room for growth when your milk comes in and also breast pads.

Aw Gen, what a lovely photo. Please share some more.

Congratulations 2016! No messing with you! Can't wait for your photos too.

On the subject of nursing bras - I got fitted for mine today. I've bought 2 but can obviously are them back if they don't fit when the time comes. My advice would be to go for a proper fitting (UK ladies, mine was in bravissimo and they were excellent) because they know what they are doing. They recommend going about 38/52 and will chose a bra with 'room for growth'. They really are not the most flattering of items but actually quite comfy and I also bought some sleepwear with integral bras. I look on them as a necessary evil!

ImSoTired - do you not have any places that measure you over there? I got measured today and the assistant said you should be able to fit a fist inside of the cup (along with your breast!) and this will allow enough room for growth when your milk comes in and also breast pads.

I'm sure we do somewhere. I'm not exactly sure where I could go that sells nursing bras. It's also probably on the pricey side. I guess I'll just go and see if I can't guestimate what size I'll be but keep the receipt and tags on in case it doesn't fit. I'll figure it out.

I agree GenY the pic is beautiful and you both look so happy:flower:

Oh GEEZ...a fist PLUS the boob?? I'm screwed. I'm already in XL nursing sports bras....I think this will be an issue tackled post-birth, mostly because I have no idea where to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->