*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Congrats 2016! Sounds like an awesome birth :)

Geny - lovely photo. You two look so cute and happy together.

Wow congratulations 2016! Amazing! :)

Beautiful pic, Geny :)

It's getting so exciting on here! I want to see a live birth thread soon!

Bought everything for my hospital bag so just gotta get packing. Can't believe there will be a little baby here soon x

Lovely photo gen!!

Finally got hubby to sit and make a short list for names. Feel better now!!!

LOL GenY I'm sure you'll be fine after a few days. Your breasts swell so much when your milk first comes in and then the solid, swollen feeling goes down :thumbup:

Congrats 2016.... Sounds like you were an absolute star during labour! Well done. Welcome to the world little Felicity!!

Lovely pic GenY! Captures the moment and you both look super excited!

I have been wearing my nursing bras from dd2 for the last few months. I find them super comfy and they were pretty expensive so I am glad I don't need to worry about getting anymore! They are the Bravado brand.

Loving all the names. Some great choices there!

My mum is coming back home from the UK today!!! So so excited to see her as its been a long 6 weeks with out her around! DD's are super excited as well.

Just remember not to have your baths too hot as its recommended not to while pregnant...stay well x

Wow munch!! That'll be a whopper!!! :)

I'm going to try get hubby to make a short list tonight and like you've all said not tell anyone!!

Yes exactly! Mostly to do with genetics.... My grandfather was 13 lbs!! And his mother was fairly little and had him naturally (no real other choices back then except for death in child birth), she also carried twins prior to my grandfather that were 8 pounds each!!!! That's 16 lbs of baby, unbelievable!!

Woo hoo! fist + boob! As an A cup currently, I can't wait to have more than a small handful up there :haha: I think i've grown to a B cup by now, although i'm still stuffing into my A's. I'm actually thinking about stopping by the store after work today so i can get a more comfortable bra to wear without the damn wire and padding that my current bras have. Maybe i'll pick up a nursing one too for the hospital.

Man, I haven't been an A cup since 7th grade! Lolly - thanks for the reassurance that the boob+fist size only lasts a little while!

Symptom spotting: TONS of watery discharge today, to the point that it went through my undies and I have a little wet spot in the crotch of my scrubs (thank god not visible). Either I'm leaking amniotic fluid or I'm slowly pissing myself throughout the day. Disappointed to say that it is likely the second option...been having a hard time keeping my urine in my bladder lately. I choked on a bit of pasta last night while out to dinner with friends and fully peed myself a little right there at the table while I was coughing. Black pants = smart idea. No one noticed.

And thanks for all the nice comments on the pic...I just love how happy we look. The rest are so posed and maternity-photo-esque....this one was truly representative of us just goofing around and being excited :)

2016, congratulations!!! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Blu, lovely to hear about DH and finding out about baby’s name :) I’m with you -- I only want DH in the room with me (absolutely), and also for right away afterwards as well, but I don’t think that will happen...since we will have my parents and also his parents and sister visiting from Italy. At least the hospital only lets them in 2 at a time!! I’ll just let them fight it out over who should come in first, I think!!

For us, we have a girls name, but boys we are still debating on...a few ideas, definitely, but every time I keep trying them on for size, I just keep saying baby. DH really doesn’t want us to share with anyone, so I’m keeping quiet...but LOVING the names on here...ours will be Italian, but has to be easy enough to use globally…

Funny about the poo! In front of the docs, I’d be fine, but in front of DH? I don’t think that I would ever hear the end of it!

I bought my nursing bras two weeks ago, since I needed new bras anyway, and the store I went to had a HUGE sale on. They’re fitting great now at the largest setting -- apparently it’s not only the cup that changes (bigger, so I can fit a fist in if I want to now, because they’re stretchy) BUT it’s also the strap that goes around you. Our rib size will shrink down 2 sizes after we give birth, so if you do buy one now, make sure it’s fitting on the biggest clasps in the back, since you’ll have to cinch it in a bit after baby comes (according to the ladies at the shop, who were lovely). If I want more / different sizes afterwards, I’ll buy them then.

Munch -- 13 lbs????? Your great gran was a HERO.

GenY lovely photo of the two of you!!

Love the idea of moving on together to a parenting thread :)

DH and I have decided on a name and so far haven't changes our minds but we haven't told anyone as I don't want criticism and I may see the baby and change my mind, so I don't want there to be any confuseion. But DH and I have decided on Caitlyn Isabel. :flower:

Love it! DH and I keep changing our mind about the baby's name. I've latched onto a specific name that I love but DH says it's too old fashioned. Then he saw a movie made this year where the little girl had that name and he's completely changed his mind about it! (Glad the little girl wasn't a spoiled brat in the movie though). I've told about 2 people and get blank stares back. Not even a "Wow, that's unique (and in my head I'm thinking how ugly that is)" comments. So people are just going to have to deal with it I guess.

LillyLee - Just wanted to say that I see her name will be Annabelle! My neice has that name and I think it's so lovely! Please don't let people's reactions bother you! :)
2016 - CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! :D Can't wait to see photos of your little one and so glad it went smoothly for you both! :D
GenY - LOVE that photo, so sweet!! :D

afm, doctor didn't end up checking me, but will next week. He said he'll do a sweep as well! That will be on Tuesday. My blood pressure has slowly been getting a little higher but nothing to be concerned about. Also, doctor usually says baby sounds great, but this time asked if she's been very active since her heartrate was a little high. It was in the afternoon and that tends to be her active time. (Might have been because I had some mini chocolate bars on the drive in too!). He didn't seem concerned but now I'm paranoid!!! Hope she's okay in there, she's been moving lots tonight though so she must be, right?
We discussed induction and he's not overly comfortable doing that for a VBAC, but is willing to give me sweeps and such. He did let me know I can push back the c-section date if I would like, to allow more time. The only thing for me is that I worry to go overdue. DD seemed to grow so much those two weeks I went over and I don't want to go through what I did during her birth! I think I will keep the date and hope I go into labor before it. If I reach the 3rd, I'll go with the section. It's such a big decision and so hard to make!! It blows my mind that at the latest, LO will be in my arms in less than 3 weeks and that I only have 2 doctor's appointments left (unless there's some extra reason for one)!!!!!!!

As for names, I love all of the choices everyone has!! We've decided on Tessa Anne-Marie Mae. :) My first daughter is Rosalina Theodora, middle name after my step-father's amazing mother I loved very much.

Thanks Juless. Im so excited for you and how soon youll get to see LO. I also think it just depends on each baby. My brother was three weeks early and near ten pounds. We like the name Annabelle but I'm trying to convince DH to be okay with Flora as that's my absolute favorite name.

I had some really intense Braxton hicks today walking to the car. As they were happening this little girl was grinding her head down into my cervix. She hasn't dropped so I'm still crazy short of breath and then having to stop to breath through the tightness of contraction followed up by cervical twinges and gasping got me a few funny looks today. Midwife says I'm measuring big at almost 37 weeks so hopefully this means an earlier delivery and not so much a chunky baby.

The constipation has relieved itself and now become diahrea for the past two days. Add that to the constant nausea I've been having and I'm feeling pretty crappy and miserable. Smells in general are not agreeing with me right now and I feel like if I could just vomit I might actually feel better. Sorry for TMI.

Woo hoo! fist + boob! As an A cup currently, I can't wait to have more than a small handful up there :haha: I think i've grown to a B cup by now, although i'm still stuffing into my A's. I'm actually thinking about stopping by the store after work today so i can get a more comfortable bra to wear without the damn wire and padding that my current bras have. Maybe i'll pick up a nursing one too for the hospital.

I'm with you on this one! My boobs have basically not changed this entire pregnancy - talk about major disappointment! Dh thinks they're a bit 'heavier' but they aren't any bigger :nope:

I'm also on the same page as other ladies about pooing in front of dh. Right now I think doing something embarrassing in front of him is my biggest fear about labour! He keeps telling me I'm being ridiculous but I can't help it!

Yea.... at that point you could really care less about who sees you doing what... and your DH is busy feeling really bad about how much pain you're in...

LillyLee - LOVE the name Flora! :D Would love a name like that, but DH wouldn't like it I bet *sigh* He's so picky, lol!

When you're in the middle of it all and pushing you honestly don't give a damn what the heck is going on with your bodily functions! At least I didn't! My body took over and all I was doing was trying to push that baby out! DH did mention later I did poo, but only when I was wondering about if I did or not as I hadn't noticed. He didn't tease me though, I think he felt bad for what I had gone through!

It really doesn't matter if you poop ladies. I explained to DH before our son was born its not the same as losing bowel control or deciding you are going to squat in the street and poo. As baby moves down the birth canal their head squeezes out anything that was sitting in the back passage. So in effect baby is pushing the poo out, not you.

And as a big incentive - my BF was so afraid to poop while pushing she kept holding back and ended up pushing for almost 3 hours. Trust me pushing is exhausting and something you really would like to complete in as short a time as possible!
Desipte holding back she pooped anyway. :dohh:
The MWs are so discrete - they don't pull faces, it's not a dirty job for them. Why is all the water/CM/blood not seen as embarrassing but poo is?
Also although DH watched LO bring born yesterday he said he didn't see any poop! Now he's not the sort of man to spare my feelings so if there was poop he would have said. But there was poop and a fair bit of it! Yet those MWs are clearly experts at keeping our dignity. :thumbup:

Congrats 2016!! So exciting.

My doc checked me at my appt today, and I'm "fingertip" dialated, cervix is soft and thinning, and my baby is in the birth canal (is there a word for that?). Waiting game anyone? :coffee: I'm to the point where I almost can't handle it anymore -- I'm just in so much pain. I know it's a bit early for her to come but I wish my water would just break already.

Morning ladies!

No more snow yet then!? I was so excited to open the post!

2016 and trgirl..... How much weight have you lost since having the baby?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->