*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Toothfairy...my LO was not engaged at all the week before she arrived. I was bawling my eyes out the evening I then later went into labour convinced she was "stuck" in there forever. I'd had no signs of her approaching arrival at all.
These babes loves to vex us mums and keep us guessing. Hang in there. :hugs:

Just back from my midwife who was looking through my notes and seen how much amniotic fluid I have........she said she hopes I have a leather sofa cause if my waters break they I'm defiantly gonna know about it! Now I'm worrying I have a brand new fabric sofa......which I love (why couldn't I have bought a leather sofa :dohh:), its only a few weeks old. Am currently sitting on a bin bag with a throw on top of it:haha: please tell me I'm not the only taken to sitting on bags?

Bean, I think looking at this other hospital and the private one is a very good idea :thumbup:

Toothfairy, it's normal for baby to not engage until right before labour in subsequent pregnancies. I hope your MW can get a new plan put into place for you :hugs:

Bell, uh oh! I'm panicking about my mattress actually :wacko: it's fairly new and was very expensive. Maybe I'll get one of those mattress protectors for incontinence!? Good thinking actually, thanks for bringing it up! Will need to put a bin liner in the car too I suppose :haha:

I've just been out and bought a gym/birthing ball. Wasn't going to use one this time as it didn't do a fat lot when pregnant with DD but thought I'd give it a try again, nothing to lose. Just pumped it up and now I'm too tired to bounce :rofl:

edit: just noticed I'm now in single digit countdown :yipee: 9 days, argghh!

Bean I'm so sorry, you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Lolly and all the other ladies worrying about waters breaking on something soft like a mattress, my midwife has a great way to prepare my bed. She said put on my nice fitted sheet, then a really thin vinyl shower curtain that is able to hang over the edge, then follow on top of that with a cheap fitted sheet I don't care about. When my waters go, if I'm in bed, the cheap sheet can be yanked off, shower curtain wiped down and another cheap sheet put on (doing a home birth). Or you just pull everything and clean later or rubbish bin as it's not as expensive as purchasing a mattress protector (at least in the States).

lilly, fantastic idea! was just thinking I needed a waterproof mattress cover. A shower curtain would be so much cheaper and easier!

Lolly I know what you mean about being too tired to bounce on the ball after blowing it up!!!!!

I've not thought about waters breaking really!? Think its cos with my other 2 they went with slow trickle for hours first so had some warning. The big gush with my 2nd was in the lift at the hospital in front of lift full of visitors!!! Embarrassing!!

:hugs: Hugs to you bean. The last thing you need is all this anxiety leading up to birth. I hope you find something better after touring a couple hospitals.

lolly - 9 days!! woohoo!! We will be close to each other!

As for water breaking....I have been sleeping on the couch. I lay down a water proof pad that I purchased for the babies...like the one we got to protect their sheets. I actually had a dream last night my water broke, and could feel a gush in my dream. I woke up and felt my undies and felt the couch and nothing. It felt so real in my dream!

5 days to go for me! I am feeling really anxious and apprehensive. Not excited at all. I think I might be too scared to be excited. This is my 1st pregnancy so I have no clue what to expect. I don't know if they will need NICU time, and I am so nervous about bringing home and caring for two babies. I keep thinking, "what have I gotten myself into??" I hope this all turns into excitement soon and its not leading to postpartum depression. I feel like a bad mom already!

toothfairy - my Consultant has said that she doesn't want me going past 41/52 due to my age (I'm 35), infact they tell me that is hospital policy for my chosen unit. I'm sure your LO will make an appearance before then, but I think that from 39 1/2 weeks I'd be pushing to make sure they have a back-up plan in place, just in case. I share your frustrations but these babies will come when they are ready. That said, I'm going for all the old wives tales today, just incase - went for a long walk (BH throughout, as usual), pineapple (well at worst contributes to the 5 a day), EPO, clary sage oil bump massage and CSO bath later. Just pumping up the exercise ball too. In an odd way, it makes me feel better, even if nothing comes of it. The CSO has quite a relaxing smell too. Keep your chin up! x

Lolly - single digits - woo hoo!

San Fran, I think it's only natural that your nervous before the babies come. But you'll find a routine that works for your wee family, I know it must be daunting the thought of two babies but it will all come together. You will be a fab mum, the fact you worry bout these things proves you will be brilliant :hugs::kiss:

San Fran please please don't be so hard on yourself. I think most of us here will admit to feeling the same. I kinda lost my excitement a good few wks ago and like you just think what have I done!? I'm fairly sure I felt like this before my other 2 all those years ago so trying to reassure myself it'll disappear after baby is here. But you have double the fun going on so am totally not surprised you feel as you do! I reckon you've more chance of post natal depression if you're not being realistic and having doubts and worried. If all you could imagine was cute little pink cheeks and cuddles you would be more likely to come crashing down after the birth!? Am sure the others will have more to add but I reckon what we feel is normal and probably healthy!!!! Give yourself a big hug xxx

Shan you're not a bad mum already :hugs: those are all completely normal fears, I can't even imagine feeling how I already do and knowing there will be 2 babies at the end of all this :shock: mums of muliples are pretty much superheroes in my eyes :lol: and you will be amazing, so don't worry :)

Honey.Bee, you're right - it definitely just feels good to be doing something, even if none of it works! I can't wait to meet my little lady but time is really flying by and I'm not stressing too much on when she decides to make an appearance.

I tried nipple stimulation the other night but it got boring and sore after a while :rofl: I think I might bust out the breast pump today instead!

I've got a brand new mattress too and was worried, so went to boots and they sell big waterproof squares to put under sheets/in your car when in labour for when waters go :thumbup:

Shan- I was trying everything to get baby out last week as I was so excited for her to be here. Then I went to my last appt yesterday and there wasn't anything new going on 1cm dialated still pretty thick. Now I'm very contintent to wait until next Monday. Like lolly said I think moms of multiples are heroes!

Something weird going on for me...TMI?...I had some contractions that woke me up last night but didn't amount to anything. But this morning I've had a strange tingling sensation in my lady parts? It's a little odd.

Anyone had BHs that squash your lungs so you can't catch your breath? I've had some and they make me dizzy and panic a bit?!

Thanks ladies! I just need to get in a better place. I have been working from home for about 8 weeks with not a lot of contact with other people and I think its making me a little crazy! I feel bad too because my husband is so excited and I am like the Debbie Downer about it all. Snapping out of it today!! That is my goal!

Toothfairy - my BH do that. I feel like someone put a bag of concrete on my chest and I can't breathe. I have been having these for like two months. Not all of them do it, but every so often I get an intense one that does. Makes me nervous for what the real ones feel like!

Thanks 2016! How are you doing??? 6 days old already!!!!????

I know time flies! It's been an hormonal rollercoaster. BF isn't going as well as it did with DS and my nips are sore and bleeding in a lot of pain. :(
Flicka is really good in the day and doesn't ask for much but at night she wants feeding constantly, does ALL her poos and refuses to be put down or held by anyone but me. I know this is normal behaviour but Ive only had between 1 and 3 hours sleep in the last week broken into teeny bits. Not great when you're trying to recover from childbirth!

Of course it's worth it though and I love her to bits. :)

As for ladies worrying about waters - I bought a pack of 10 incontinence bed mats from Boots which are approx 60x60cm square. Had a couple on the bed, one on the sofa and one on my car seat! I tried a shower curtain on my bed but it was far too hot! Problem with that or a plastic bag is the liquid ultimately has to flow somewhere. The incontinence sheets are absorbent at least!

Awww 2016 :hugs: I'm sure it's all magnified when you have a toddler to take care of too. I'm looking forward to that... :argh: you sound like you're doing fab though hun, I hope it all settles down for you soon.

Thanks for the info ocean & 2016 about those pads :thumbup: I'll definitely be getting some of those.

Bounced for about 1hr on that ball and got a couple of BH but nothing major. Will have another go later, but it's really exhausting work. I forget to bounce and so just sit there watching the TV :haha:

i have my 39 wk midwife appointment Tomorrow just wondering if i ask her do you think Its likely they will do a sweep as in my blue notes it says a sweep at 41 wks dont want to wait that long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->