*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Congrats Stark!!

Good luck SanFran!

Lilly - yes babies sleep loads in the womb. Pretty much like a newborn.

I'm having contractions :yipee: lost a bit of plug before bed last night and then was woken today at 5am with a contraction. Pretty sure I had a few through the night but they weren't strong enough to properly wake me. Have been getting them now every 4.5-8 mins and they are lasting for around 35-53 secs :D I called L&D who have said as I can talk through the contractions it doesn't sound like established but to continue timing them and hopefully when they get a bit more regular and start to hurt some more I should call them back. Wish me luck girls :) really need for things to pick up before the next 2hrs so I can get OH to stay home!

Oooh exciting TTC lolly! Try nipple stimulation and drink a RRLT. Worked for me. I also found watching a weepy film/getting emotional ramped things up for some reason. Stay upright, bounce on a ball, do squats and remember - rotate your hips during contractions to dilate your cervix. :)

Ooh Lolly - this sounds exciting. Good luck! I'm thinking of you x

Lilly - yes my LO did exactly the same last week. It panicked me a bit (because she normally has a very strong routine) but when I mentioned it to the midwife she reassured me that all was well. Her description was that it was like baby was in a straightjacket and also getting ready for lift off!

Yay lolly!! How exciting...hope OH stays home and you meet your little girl sooner than later! Xx

Oh lolly good stuff!!!!! Xxxxxx

I thought I was gonna be joining you! I was awake from 2.30am for a couple of hours having what felt like real painful contractions. I didnt time them but they felt different to the BHs I've been getting. These were pains going from lower back right under pelvic floor and up front of bump. I was having period pains in this area and thighs too. I thought I could feel cervix opening and pressure here when they came. I was so sure it was the start..... Then a couple of hours later it stopped!! Think I went back to sleep about 5.30. Up now to get the older 2 off to school but nothing!!

I feel so disheartened and utterly exhausted :-( they did feel different to BHs though?

Thanks ladies :) we are on our way to the in laws as they are having amber for us and they also live 5 mins from hospital (we are 45mins away from it). They are definitely becoming more painful but still bearable, I just hope they don't die off! Had my bloody show too, and a massive clear out!

Best of luck lolly!

My csection is tomorrow and the last 3 days I've been so incredibly sore all over I can function without Tylenol :(

Good luck lolly, it's my friends due date today so fingers crossed there will b a new little baby boy with us soon.

AFM was really poorly yesterday was exhausted n was sick my OH made me cancel some of my clients so I can chill out abi, well wok up feeling ok this morning but with blood aroun m mouth which was very strange, and when I woke in the night for the loo my belly was so ore and achy so god know hat went on last night xxxx

Good luck lolly, hope your baby girl makes an appearance today xx

Go Lolly!!!

Sara - blood around the mouth sounds a bit scary...hope you're doing better!!

Just been for my 39 week check (weekly due to high BP). It's even higher today 130/90. After phoning through to antenatal day unit my it was decided just to leave it another week!!! This is the highest it's been since I spent a day at hospital being monitored at 34 wks. Urine etc is ok. I have come home feeling really worried now?? She was just saying to call l&d if any pre eclampsia symptoms or reduced movements. I wish they were going to check it sooner than next week. I'm thinking its up a bit because I was awake with pains for couple hours through the night?

On the plus side..... Baby is finally engaging!! Only about 1/5 but its a start and as this is my 3rd it's a good sign!

good luck lolly! i am due Tomorrow and just slightly fed up that i am still pregnant getting pains but not strong enough :-(

Anyone hear anything from blu? I hope she's doing okay!
mummy, I noticed earlier in the thread you might have lost your plug - hope that was it and it means baby will come soon!
I'm starting to hope that I make it to the c-section, starting to get very scared of going into labor and having the same scary experience as last time, or even worse! So scared baby will get stuck or something! I'm thinking of just asking for the section if I do go in early, not sure yet. I was so wanting a vaginal birth too, but now that it could happen I don't know anymore! Also doesn't help that my OH is working on a huge project at work so if I go into labor too early he might not have any time off when I get back from the hospital, at least not for a few days and the thought of not having his help with DD and baby is terrifying!! My mom would help as much as she can but she works too. :( We'll figure it out as it happens I guess! Not that it's looking like I'll go into labor soon anyways, things pretty much stopped for me. :p

Owen and Emma were born yesterday around 1:30 pm. Owen weighed 4 lbs 11 oz and Emma weighed 6 lbs 2 oz. Emma had to stay in the nicu overnight for breathing issues. Nothing severe and she should be out today. Tiny Owen is a champ and has been with us the whole time :) Vaginal delivery was wayyy easier than I thought. And labor was super fast! 9 hours from when my water broke. I went from 3 cm to 10 in less than an hour. Hurt like a bitch and I was screaming. Got the epidural and was ready to push right after. I don't know how to post pics from my phone but I will post when I get home. We have to stay til tomorrow as preemies are kept for 48 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->