*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Oh San Fran!!!! Huge huge congratulations!!! So glad it went well for you. Really looking forward to seeing the photos. Take care xxx

I was wondering the same thing about blu?

Hope this is it for you lolly!

Afm-Tatum is very slowly getting the hang of breast feeding. She would have slept all night if we wouldn't have waken her to nurse.

Congrats san fran! Great weights and so glad you were able to have the birth you wanted!! Looking forward to pics!

Don't know how I missed your post shan? But huge congrats!

Congrats Stark and San Fran!!! Thrilled for you both!

Good luck, Lolly!!

Lilly - I have had similar freak out periods and have gone almost 45 minutes of trying without feeling movement. I would probably give it about 4 hours of no movement before I would call. Even if its not wild movement, if i could feel a poke on a hip bone, or a slow build up of pressure from her shifting, that would be reassuring enough for me. she has been a little quiet for me this morning, but she is still moving around.

Sara, sounds freaky, hope you are ok!

My LO hasn't turned and is still breech :( Now i'm faced with scheduling a c-section or trying ECV. I'm going for an ultrasound today which will hopefully help me make a more informed decision, but i'm leaning towards just scheduling the c-section and hoping she turns on her own by then. I can't help but think there must be a reason she hasn't turned, so why try to force it? More of a gut feeling than anything, really, but the ECV is not giving me warm and fuzzies right now!

Whooo!! Go San Fran!

Stark WTG on breastfeeding!

Lolly hope this is it for you! Can't wait to hear everything!

Chloe we posted at the same time! I'm sorry she hasn't turned yet. If you have a gut feeling I would go with it.

Thanks for all the advice ladies about fetal movement. Of course this baby hasn't stopped moving since then. It's like her way of saying, "you wanted movement? you're getting movement!"

Fabulous news San Fran!
Chloe - I agree with Lilly. Go with what feels right. Ask for their success rates with ECV too. I know it is quite variable between clinicians. Good luck!

Congrats San Fran, feel loAds better today just nakerd I will b glad when Friday is here and maternity starts woooo reckon I've been a trooper getting too 2 weeks before my due date working xxxx

Congrats San Fran, nice weights for twinnies, bet you can't wait to have them both in your arms xx

congrats san fran... I hope it was Juless!! still getting pains on and off similar to when i had my first and my labour dragged on over days.... any news on lolly and blu?

Chloe, if it was me I'd probally schedule the c-section if I had a feeling it was a better choice. ECV's make me a little nervous! Though I'd have to look into it more, don't know a whole lot about them! I'm hoping your ultrasound helps you to decide what you feel will be right for you both!

Hi ladies - judging by Lolly's journal, I think she will be having her snowflake today! The last update was that she was 8cm dilated (Lolly - only you could keep a text update going through labour x).

Blu - hope you are ok.

Toothfairy - you ok with the floods? Lots of rain here so I'm just hibernating!

I have been wondering about blu as well??

Honey bee I am we'll out of the way for flooding. Not really close to rivers etc. I'm in west yorks high up on hills so always get bad snow! Thanks for thinking of me xxxxx hibernating sounds good!! Are you in north yorks did you say?

EEP! Lolly's going so quickly!!! :D Another gorgeous snowflake about to arrive!!!
I think I might head to watch roller derby practice tonight. Hoping getting out and moving about might get this baby to be more likely to come out, lol! I am so excited that I'll be able to get back into skating soon, I miss it so much!

Ok, so I had an interesting night....

Yesterday, I was contracting every 5 to 6 minutes and went to the midwife to be checked. She said I was at 3 cm (that was around 1 or 2pm)

Then around 5pm they started coming every 3 minutes and really became intense. My midwife came over and checked me at 7pm and I was a good 5 and 80% effaced. They got the birthing pool set up and she said we should have a baby within the next few hours. WELL, an hour later, at 8pm, my labor stalled at 5cm....
She left, I slept through the night, and nothing has happened except a ton of mucus and "loose stool"!! :shrug::shrug:

Any one else?!?!

Clara, sorry your labor stalled, but hopefully it will pick up again!! You're halfway there!!

Congrats San Fran!!

Excited for Lolly, can't wait to hear her good news!

Chloe - I agree with the rest, do what makes you comfortable

I had my OB yesterday, scan shows baby is head down. Had my GBS swab but don't know the results yet, and she didn't check me. I guess that will wait til next week. I don't had any labor signs. Going to get RRLT and EPO today. Plus may go for a swim. Now that I'm on mat leave I'm ready to get things moving along since I really don't want to go overdue

Oh Clara.....so close.

Jules - I initially mis-read your post and thought YOU were going roller-skating, not watching! I had such a funny mental image of you and your bump on skates! I thought you'd taken desperation to new levels!

Toothfairy - I'm in Newcastle, but right out on the coast (near Tynemouth, if you know it) so whilst there is chaos around us, I don't think we have a chance of floods here. I can't wait for Spring/Summer to be able to walk along the beach with my daughter. How's the bp now you are back home? Just take it easy x

Honey bee. I actually got a call this aft from the midwife I saw this morning. The midwife she spoke to at the antenatal day unit had phoned her back and said I need to have it checked tomorrow at home. So someone is coming out to do it tomorrow. Hopefully it'll have gone down a bit! Thank you for asking!! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->