*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

just been for my sweep and Omg how painful! I am not dilated at all well a finger tip which is normal as Its my third she wrote in my notes that i am very ready underlined? Baby is 3 5ths engaged she seemed hopefully the sweep would get things moving and she touched babys head.. Got a bit of pressure now but Thats all here is hoping it works. Should have had lollys doctors lol...

Eeek!! I have one Tuesday mummy! Nervous now!!! Never had one before. Hope it works! It did for our lolly!

I tell you, Lolly's Consultant and his big hands are very appealing right now!

I have my sweep tomorrow, my doctor must have big hands (never really took a good look at them, lol!) but when he checked my cervix last week it huuuuuuuuuuurt! Dreading it, but looking forward to it jumpstarting something too!
Not much going on here, just spent some time on my big yoga ball (gets so boring I can't stay on it long!) and it's got my lower back very achy. Every time I stand up I hope my water will break, lol! Feels like it could at any moment as there is SO much pressure and baby is super low. She's moving today but her movements are much more subdued..

Good luck jules! They won't even check you internally until 40 wks in uk!!

my midwife will not normally do it till 41 weeks but she felt sorry for me! It feels like baby is scratching at my cervix trying to get out and my waters feel like they could just pop any second! Also seen in my notes i am totally uneffaced does that mean am nowhere near?

Awake early again...445 am :( I thought maybe another snow fall may have happened last night. Sounds rediculous saying that as its going to be 38 degrees here today!

Ocean...lovely bump, not a stretch mark in sight by the looks of it you lucky thing!

Tooth....glad bp is behaving again!

Hope all the sweeps and future sweeps have some positive results :)

toothfairy it was my first sweep as well never made it past my due date before! i really hope it does work getting period pain on and off now. Going to try a nice warm bath after im a celebrity then early night and fingers crossed..

Tooth fairy - so glad you get to be home!

So many sweeps soon - yay!!

We made it home! I also made it through my first hour and a half with just me and both kids while daddy ran to the store. Big brother has been a such a big help!

Here's a few pics

https://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii519/kstark18/photo2-1.jpg

https://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii519/kstark18/photo3.jpg

Does anyone know what 'relation to brim' means on my notes? Under they've put 4/5

the cramps stopped last night so i went to sleep. i had some browny red blood this morning and my ob did an ultrasound to make sure placenta was fine, which it is, so he's putting it down to a bloody show. hoefully labour will start soon - too bad he is flying out for a four day holiday as of tonight.

ocean, sorry i couldn't be more help, i'm not sure what it means

stark - very adorable baby. i love her cheeks!

munch - i've been waking around 4.30am too lately, and i don't usually sleep until 11pm-ish. i feel your pain, but not long for us now.

good luck with all the sweeps. i've mever had one personally, but it sounds exciting.

Hi Ocean - relation to brim is a term used by some midwives to describe the position of your baby's head in relation to the top of your pelvis. The confusion lies with the fraction because some write 4/5 to mean 4/5 of the baby's head is engaged (with 1/5 palpable) whilst others write 4/5 to mean 4/5 palpable with 1/5 engaged! I'm guessing with your EDD that you are the latter. That's all good - baby positioning nicely but unfortunately no indicator of imminent labour!

Ladies, thanks so much for the wishes of having DH home. It’s indeed a great time -- he said that seeing my bump in real life is like finally seeing your favorite movie in 3D.

Lolly, what a lovely photo!!!! She already looks so comfy!!!!

Stark, look at her!!! I want to squeeze those cute cheeks!!!!

Blu, congratulations, and so happy that you’re okay -- can’t wait for photos!

GenY and 2016 big :hugs: that you are both doing well with the hormones!

Ocean, great progression photos!

Mummy, sorry to hear your sweep was so painful, and Juless, hopes yours goes okay!

Bay, gl with the cramping :hugs:

Hiiii to all other ladies :)

Hi Ocean - relation to brim is a term used by some midwives to describe the position of your baby's head in relation to the top of your pelvis. The confusion lies with the fraction because some write 4/5 to mean 4/5 of the baby's head is engaged (with 1/5 palpable) whilst others write 4/5 to mean 4/5 palpable with 1/5 engaged! I'm guessing with your EDD that you are the latter. That's all good - baby positioning nicely but unfortunately no indicator of imminent labour!

Thank you! Sounds good :thumbup:

The full moon doesn't seem to be doing much for me tonight! I'm just feeling super tired. It's only 7:30 but I feel ready for bed, just trying to keep my eyes open! Hope you ladies are all having a more eventful night than me! :)

Oh and Stark, what a gorgeous girl!! :D

Awesome! Congrats shan fran, Blu, and lolly and anyone I missed!

I'm getting no signs of labor and getting really anxious! I hope I get to cuddle my snowflake soon!

Sorry for all of those feeling poorly, and congrats to those who have had good things happening or are about to happen!

I hope you're all well!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"