*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

awww christmas day babies:cloud9::cry: hormones making me weepy:hugs:

i keep tearing up everytime i see a baby at the moment lol, and i watched one born every minute and was crying my eyes out haha!

Welcome to all the new ladies. Our group is growing!

Wow- a Dec 20th due date already!

I am exhausted, all I do is eat, sleep and drink when I'm not working. Oh and go to the bathroom all the time. I'm anxiously awaiting 12 weeks. I am bursting to tell the entire world lol!

For those waiting to tell, how are you planning to reveal your bean?

We are 12 weeks around DH's dads birthday so for them a scan pic will prob go in the card, got a road sign picture while i was travelling that says 'bump' to put as my facebook picture and see if anyone gets it!

Definitely think you should!! :D they're quite fun really... especially when you're like 5-6wks and "pregnant" appears super fast... but then you seem to wait forever for the weeks lol :D I must say as a POAS addict, i love taking frers and seeing the test line appear before the control line- awesome! :p

I am tempted to get another digi to see a 2-3 and 3+ but if they dont come up it will stress me out! I was convinced it wouldnt even show 1-2 though and it did lol.

I think they're more trouble than they're worth tbh, but im a gadget geek and i just had to do one! lol or several!

good morning :)

we seem to have told millions of people:dohh: we have told all our siblings, i have 2 sisters and 2 brothers and my oh has 3 sisters, they have told their partners (i assume) we hae told our parents.. i have told my bestfriend and my cousin, and a girl who i wil be bridesmaid for.. its realy hard because we told lots of people we would be having treatment, so when they ask about the treatment now it feels wront to lie to them!

im thinking of brazing a digi today in the hope of getting a 3+. my ic is very nearly fully positive.. my maths says that i should have a 3+ by wednesday if the hcg levels are doubling... hmm maybe i should wait till wednesday... im only 21ish dpo

I remember the first time I ever did a digital. My first ever BFP way back when. Seemed like I waited ages and the word "Pregnant" popped up. I then wasn't sure if that's what it did for everyone and then would put the "Not" in before the "Pregnant" if you weren't. Can you imagine the emotional rollercoaster if every unlucky woman saw "pregnant".........................."NOT"! :haha

Honey.Bee.....it's never to early to think about where to give birth and it is so important to feel comfortable. I would have been on the consultant ward of the original hospital, which I didn't want because IMHO I think consultants tend to interfere more - want to cut, break waters, give picotin to increase contractions, use stirrups, switch to c-section. Of course there is nothing wrong with these things if really needed, but I've had too many friends where the docs push these options as the default.
Midwife-units tend to let women do what they were made to do naturally. When I was transferred the unit was only midwife led and they let me move around/change position. I had no pain relief whatsoever, I wasn't trying to be a hero and would have had an epidural if needed, but it wasn't nearly as bad as people kept telling me it would be. They only encouraged me and never told me when to start pushing or what I should be doing. Giving birth was the most incredibly positive experience for me, and the part I just can't wait to do again. :happydance:
My only slight concern is DS was 6lbs 6oz 5 weeks early and weighed 11lbs on his due date! They say second babies can be bigger so what if Sprout is bigger AND on time/late! :wacko:

In other news OUR FIRST SCAN IS TOMORROW! :wohoo:

Damn I talk a lot! :blush:

Yay for first scan!

Still having very faint tests. AF due sat/sun at the latest so defo late now and no spotting, brown cm, so can hope with that. Will get digi today but expecting not preg. Would like to at least get still 1-2 if I'm really lucky! Don't know whether to use the fmu or smu as I'm sure I get better lines with smu??!! But if I use smu and I get not pregnant then I will be annoyed and will think should have used fmu haha!

2016 i thought exactly the same!! i was looking at the spacing between the word gravid (pregnant) and the "not" in the leaflet trying to work out if they could fit a "inte" (not) before the gravid bit.. the numbers really do take aaaaaggggeeeessss!

eak an 11 pounder, maybe this one will supprise you and be of average weight :)

its so nice to here about your births :) i have lots of lttc friends but not so many mummy friends, im glad i found you ladies:hugs:

nixilix i really hope you get your 1-2 weks (or even get a big supprise and get 2-3!) could you buy a 2 pack and save your fmu? then use fmu and 2nd mu?

I forgot to say 2016 best of luck with the scan, thats so exciting:happydance:

Hmm could do but at £10 a pack DH might have something to say about that haha!!

good point! ours our 17 pounds for a 2 pack :( if they were cheap id do one every day!

Ridiculous isn't it! I'm sure they pray on us preggo ladies!

Morning! Woke up so thirsty this morning but feeling really excited.

2016 - I'm so excited for your scan tomorrow. PLEASE post some pics. I don't think you talk too much. You do give a lot of good, heartfelt advice though and for that I am very grateful. I love hearing about your experiences. I'm going to see my GP on Friday which should help with the decision but what you have said backs up my gut feelings. In the unit I am looking at, it is midwife led but as it is located within the main hospital, the back up is there if required. I think it is probably the best of both worlds for me. Looking at their website is really exciting. They have rooms where you can stay with your OH too - its nice to have that option.

Munch -I'm in a similar situation in that I have a 9 year old step-son. I'm not sure when we will tell him. He is a bright kid and I know he would love all the developmental stage photos. I also want him to be really involved with this pregnancy........ Maybe in a couple of weeks because that is when I think we will tell my parents. Keeping this in is killing me!!!!!

oooh so exciting to have an early scan, good luck tomorrow :hugs:

ETA: Im 5 weeks today yippee! :D

2016 - Good luck for your scan 2morrow :thumbup: Post you scan piccie. Ive booked ours for Saturday, will be 7 weeks by then so FX we can see something. The MC that I had a year ago was at 6 weeks, so first milestone reached!!! Yippeeeeeee. Got my 3+ last week as well, didnt take a photo :( Is it worth get some more to see if I am still 3+? They are bloody expensive at £10 a pop.

Cant believe how miserable it is for a bank holiday Monday, am sat here in my dressing gown watching Glee and drinking tea! So rock and roll! Am exhausted thou so think I will make the most of the day off and do sod all! Back to horrible work 2morrow. My symptoms have really started to make themselves known this weekend so I hope I dont puke at work. This morning I only managed to reach the bathroom in time and I am super worried as my desk is a long way from the toilet!

Have a great Monday everyone :)

Kate xxx

Yay for first scan!

Still having very faint tests. AF due sat/sun at the latest so defo late now and no spotting, brown cm, so can hope with that. Will get digi today but expecting not preg. Would like to at least get still 1-2 if I'm really lucky! Don't know whether to use the fmu or smu as I'm sure I get better lines with smu??!! But if I use smu and I get not pregnant then I will be annoyed and will think should have used fmu haha!

Sounds good hun! Let us know what digi says...x

2016 first scan how exciting you lucky thing!! Can't wait to hear about it....tad jealous ;) Sounds like you had an awesome birthing experience! Very liberating to hear a good one, esp for the first time mums on here! Looking forward to reading your post re scan! Enjoy x

I'm due December 7th, yay!

Welcome and congrats :yipee: I've added you to the EDD list :)

I bought another digi to see the 3+ but I'm scared to use it too soon! Tomorrow would be like 25-27 dpo... so I suppose it should work.

It will definitely give you a 3+! DO IT!!!!!!!! :lol:

ness - fab news you got your 2-3 :yipee: did your digi's you bought off ebay come through yet? we bought from the same buyer I think (exp 03/11) and mine haven't come :( he dispatched them on the March 26th apparently :wacko:

Ladies - how much did you pay for your digis off ebay? I had a look and they were no cheaper than they would be in the shops, which is a shame as i really can't justify spending that much just to get a 3+ lol

They are on ebay for around £6 for a pack of 2, but we bought some for £1.99 each that are ''out of date'' but still work :thumbup: they are so expensive in the shops though you're right.

Yay for first scan!

I have everything crossed for you hun that it still says Pregnant :hugs:

Hmmmm I get better lines further in the day I think, but I hold my pee for hours so thats probably why!

oooh so exciting to have an early scan, good luck tomorrow :hugs:

ETA: Im 5 weeks today yippee! :D

HAPPY 5 WEEKS!! :wohoo:

2016 - Good luck for your scan! You must share pics, we can't wait to see your little bean :) It scares me too that this LO might be a MUCH bigger baby :shock: lol! DD was a teeny tiny 5.5lbs, she was a couple of weeks early (induced with pre eclampsia :() so hoping I don't get PE this time but also hoping I just naturally make small babies and it wasn't a side effect of the PE!

munch - unsure of how we'll be sharing our news yet. Both of our immediate families know but we'll probably just do the typical facebook announcement around the time of our 12 week scan so that everyone gets to find out at the same time and nobody can say ''how come X found out before me!?'' :haha: for people without FB we'll text or call I suppose!

AFM, I'm having the most strangest dreams ever :wacko: I've had a couple really scary nightmares so far and the rest have just been the craziest, but seem so real, type of dreams ever!! I didn't know it was a pregnancy symptom but apparently it is! Don't think they were ever this eacky with DD!

Morning! Woke up so thirsty this morning but feeling really excited.

2016 - I'm so excited for your scan tomorrow. PLEASE post some pics. I don't think you talk too much. You do give a lot of good, heartfelt advice though and for that I am very grateful. I love hearing about your experiences. I'm going to see my GP on Friday which should help with the decision but what you have said backs up my gut feelings. In the unit I am looking at, it is midwife led but as it is located within the main hospital, the back up is there if required. I think it is probably the best of both worlds for me. Looking at their website is really exciting. They have rooms where you can stay with your OH too - its nice to have that option.

Munch -I'm in a similar situation in that I have a 9 year old step-son. I'm not sure when we will tell him. He is a bright kid and I know he would love all the developmental stage photos. I also want him to be really involved with this pregnancy........ Maybe in a couple of weeks because that is when I think we will tell my parents. Keeping this in is killing me!!!!!

Honey Bee i so know what you mean, it's killing me not to tell everyone. Esp Miss 9 as she is such a little mother to my other DD and just loves it (huge help too). I took her bike riding today (I walked, bit worried re riding bike in case I fell off) and was so wanting to share it with her. Will wait a few more weeks.....

I got my 3+!!! Last week when I did the other digi the word pregnant came up pretty quickly but then I had to wait for 2-3 to show. I bought one more digi, which DH was really not happy about.. it was actually 16$!! So I was worried it wouldn't work, but did it this morning and both pregnant and 3+ came up right away! So relieved and happy. I also used my last ic and it was definitely darker.

Jadie sorry the digis haven't been working well for you. Are you able to get a blood test done to confirm your levels?

Yayyyyy that's great trgirl :thumbup: I TOLD YOU SO!!

I am going to buy a digi today, I can't wait for mine to come in the post any longer, it's taking forerver :brat: x

I'm having crazy messed up dreams and nightmares all the time too!

Agh are any of you cramping? All day I was in pain/discomfort yesterday and still today. It's like my uterus is twisting around itself. I had cramps in beginning w last pg but not this bad.... It's not as bad as af cramps (I get god awful af cramps)
but it's making me miserable! I have bad indigestion and gas as well so I'm hoping it's mostly that. But it's definitely my womb in pain :( it's not being kind to me! It better be kind to my beany baby though!
I'm supposed to go for an ultrasound tomorrow that I schedualed a while ago for a cyst problem I have! But I'm only 4w4 days! So I'm going to try and reschedual it to next week so I can for sure see something! I don't want to freak out if they can't find anything yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->