*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Hope everyone has a lovely day. It's horrid rain here :(

nixilix maybe the embie was hanging around in your falopian tubes for a couple of extra days:hugs: I really hope you get a 2-3 soon:hugs:

trgirl.. im googling newborn santa hat right now.. awwww they are just so cute! i think i might get an elf one too :)

maybe our babies will have sledging parties :) that would be kind of cool! I too have pcos, i was only diagnosed about 3 weeks ago, it was my pre ivf internal scan and he found 40 folicles, he said i wouldnt be ovulating with all of those.. well i obviously did ovulate this month! Im worrying about the pcos effecting breast feeding i have read it can be harder.. i hope it goes smoothly!

:hugs:

I'm not sure about that....I found that with my son it was hard to BF because of all the drugs they gave me with have a section. I am going to try my hardest to make sure this one gets more breast milk. I tried pumping with my son and I could only get a ounce out of each so I had to mix it with the formula. I have a really good pump too. Come hell or high water this kid is going to get Breast milk. lol. Don't give up and don't let anyone discourage you!!!

Everytime I come back to this thread there is 5 or 6 more pages to read! Tomorrow is my APpt at only 5w5d. Excited and nervous!

Everytime I come back to this thread there is 5 or 6 more pages to read! Tomorrow is my APpt at only 5w5d. Excited and nervous!

I know. I can't keep up! I work full-time and study part time (25 hours a week) so there is no time for me to read ALL posts. Although I try to!

Lulu! I found out the same day as you that I was pregnant AND while waiting for my RE appointment.

Since I had the RE appointment on the books - I went today. I got my beta and hormone levels checked and will find out later on today what they are. They did a transvaginal ultrasound too to see if they could see anything/if it was a tubal pregnancy. The couldn't see anything (which of course has me all freaked out) but I'm only 15DPO and not quite 4 weeks along yet (will be on Friday). Anyway, even though I was all freaked out to go to the RE in the first place, I'm glad I went today and that I'm at least getting my start there, as they can do more monitoring at this point. I think they'll have me back on Wednesday to check my beta level again.

I agree! It moves so fast :) I hope you lovely ladies are having a great Monday morning :flower:

It still feels unreal but I'm ever so excited. And my due date is 3 days after DH birthday, isn't that a great birthday present??!!

So excited about my :xmas4: bean!

Lulu! I found out the same day as you that I was pregnant AND while waiting for my RE appointment.

Since I had the RE appointment on the books - I went today. I got my beta and hormone levels checked and will find out later on today what they are. They did a transvaginal ultrasound too to see if they could see anything/if it was a tubal pregnancy. The couldn't see anything (which of course has me all freaked out) but I'm only 15DPO and not quite 4 weeks along yet (will be on Friday). Anyway, even though I was all freaked out to go to the RE in the first place, I'm glad I went today and that I'm at least getting my start there, as they can do more monitoring at this point. I think they'll have me back on Wednesday to check my beta level again.

My appointment is on the 20th and I am not sure if I should cancel yet. I am so paranoid lol. I have my first doctor's appointment tomorrow with the OB/GYN. I think I will cancel the RE appointment this Friday if everything is still going good. I just don't want to jinx anything!

I want to get my hormones checked as well since mine are crazy due to PCOS. Hopefully the doctor's will do that for me. Kaiser is pretty good about that, so we'll see!

I am 15DPO too! AF is officially late for me!

Yup, no need to keep it, if you're going to see your OB/GYN first :)

I feel like im sleeping alot lately, so tired in the day! But then i end up waking up in the middle of the night and cant get back to sleep! Ive got a doctors appt tomorrow too, but DH and I are going and playing dumb and asking for a pregnancy test. Otherwise they wont see me for another 3 weeks, and DH is worried as I have only 1 kidney (had other removed 3 years ago) so he wants to see if the doctor will do/say/check anything before the usual 8 week appt if we go tomorrow. I dont think he will but we can still ask!

Hope your all having a good day :thumbup:

Is anyone from the U.S. and know how this all works? How many appointments and U/S you usually get, and when? I have NO clue.

Hi there!
New to the thread, due Dec 10th and 5 weeks today!
I live in Portland Oregon and my first appt is at 8 weeks, they said 7-8 weeks is when they do the 1st scan bc you can expect the heartbeat and see the fetal pole well.

We've told family now and will wait to tell everyone else, assuming my MIL can keep her mouth shut!!!

I'm EXHAUSTED, very mild queasiness, HUGE boobs :haha:

Traveling to Ireland and Italy later this week...hoping the long flights aren't torturous!!!

hello genysuperlady:flower:

im due on the 9th and my symptoms sound like yours :)

good luck with the flights!

Lovie - thx for the welcome! My sister and cousin both have Dec 9th birthdays!!! And congrats on conceiving right before IVF!!! What a relief!

Hi there!
I live in Portland Oregon and my first appt is at 8 weeks, they said 7-8 weeks is when they do the 1st scan bc you can expect the heartbeat and see the fetal pole well.

We've told family now and will wait to tell everyone else, assuming my MIL can keep her mouth shut!!!

Traveling to Ireland and Italy later this week...hoping the long flights aren't torturous!!!

Oh ok thanks! So I should expect a scan at 8 weeks and then one at 20 weeks? How many times do you have to go for "check-ups"?

Lovie - thx for the welcome! My sister and cousin both have Dec 9th birthdays!!! And congrats on conceiving right before IVF!!! What a relief!

thank you.. it is a relief but i feel like its a dream at the moment!

It's just setting in for DH and I...the symptoms help!!

I think you get a scan at 8 weeks then at it can differ by doc. Some might do a 16 week and 20 week visit, or just 20 weeks. :shrug:

The may ask you to come in for blood levels after you get your pos, or not. It is really up to your doctor in particular. Mine didn't want me in for bloods immediately but wanted me in within 2 weeks of the call for the whole shebang, ultrasound, bloods, paperwork, planning, the whole 9 yards! So I'm going tomorrow, a bit early at 5w5d. I'm hoping he will call me back in a few weeks to see the heartbeat incase I can't see it tomorrow. I'm sure I will have a scan at 12w, 20 w, and then it's up to the dr when he thinks it is necessary. I think every doctor is different so I don't think that there is much of a standard as far as appts go here in the US. Every doctor practices his/her own way.

Oh ok I see. Thanks.

Yeah, I just called them and said "I got a positive pregnancy test, now what?" lol. So my first initial appointment is tomorrow and I guess they will explain their protocol then.

:hi:

Can I join this group please. Based on LMP my due date will be 11th December (ovulation date has it at about 9th) but I'm happy with 11th :happydance:

So far only symptoms have been sore boobs and a funny feeling in my tummy not painful more like a twinge since the day before I found out - that is what prompted the test.

I've only told my OH so far as I'm quite a private person - noone knew we were trying which I'm glad of as it took about a year and I couldn't be doing with all those questions.

When I had my daughter 10 years ago (unplanned) I only told close family and a college lecturer then just wore baggy clothes she then had to tell everyone else when I didn't go to college because I'd given birth. :flasher:

I'm not going to leave it that long this time though, I'll probably wait until after the first scan. It has been quite funny keeping the secret though as my DD has been complaining that her kids (long way off yet) wont have any aunts, uncles or cousins.

Have searched everywhere but can't find my doppler! :hissy: We moved house a few months ago and I just KNOW it is packed somewhere but I can't think where. So frustrating as I know it will surface just as I fork out £40 for a new one. :dohh:

I feel pretty rough today and sooooooo exhausted. Going for a nap now.

Didn't you say you had borrowed your doppler to a friend who could no longer find it? Either way hope you get it back soon. I've got mine in my bedside drawer, I can't wait to start using it again.

Hope you have a nice nap :flower: I should've gone for one really as DD and OH did but I was too busy catching up with my programmes!

Exciting!! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Hi there!

:hi:

Can I join this group please. Based on LMP my due date will be 11th December (ovulation date has it at about 9th) but I'm happy with 11th :happydance:

So far only symptoms have been sore boobs and a funny feeling in my tummy not painful more like a twinge since the day before I found out - that is what prompted the test.

I've only told my OH so far as I'm quite a private person - noone knew we were trying which I'm glad of as it took about a year and I couldn't be doing with all those questions.

When I had my daughter 10 years ago (unplanned) I only told close family and a college lecturer then just wore baggy clothes she then had to tell everyone else when I didn't go to college because I'd given birth. :flasher:

I'm not going to leave it that long this time though, I'll probably wait until after the first scan. It has been quite funny keeping the secret though as my DD has been complaining that her kids (long way off yet) wont have any aunts, uncles or cousins.

Welcome and congratulations GenYsuperlady and colourful20 :hi:

I'll add you both to the EDD list now :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"