*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

After contracting all day Saturday I delivered my baby girl on Suday morning. Her name is Caitlyn Isabel and she is beautiful. We love her so much.

However I am having some real bf'ing and sleeping issues and i'm getting discouraged.

Congrats on all of the other new snowflakes!

Toothfairy I really hope this is it for you! I was actually thinking of you last night and wondering how things are going. I can't even begin to imagine how frustrated you must!

Ocean doesn't your mw see you every week? I have to go in to the doctor every week here. But as they don't do internals I have no idea if anything is happening. I'm pretty sure baby has dropped though as I have lots of pressure and sharp pains from time to time down below. Sometimes it really does feel like baby is going to fall out.
I'm also REALLY hoping baby is here before Christmas!!

Lilly that is so frustrating! I'm sorry they are messing you around so much. You are amazing to still be working! To be honest I probably could have managed another week or two at work but I am so glad to be able to stay home!

Shytwin I hope all is going well with you - did you manage to get 12/12/12??

Congrats Imsotired! Don't beat yourself up! I bet you are doing an amazing job and you don't even realise it! Remember this is all new - for both of you and I guarantee it will get better!

Not much news with me. My friend who is having twins is going in for her c-section today and I am insanely jealous! Otherwise just plodding along and waiting for my mom to get here - only two sleeps to go!

hello ladies! i gave birth to my beautiful baby boy arzell weighing 7'12lbs and 20inches long on 12/12/12!!! :).... i wasnt expecting to be lucky enough to have him on this day!

ill post pics when i get a chance

Congrats to the new snowflakes :happydance: Although I'm extremly jealous :haha:

Honey, I literally LOL'd at the ghostbusters comment. I'm STILL losing hunks of it! I just don't understand where it's all coming from.

If nothing else, I only have two more days of work so at least I have something to look forward to :) even though I'm now officially overdue!

Congrats shytwin! That is so awesome that you got 12/12/12! Can't wait for pictures.

Congrats imsotired and shytwin!

12/12/12 what an awesome birthday! I was hoping i could nab that day for my little boy, but he couldn't wait :haha:

Congrats to the new snowflakes :)

Bean - not every week here in the UK, the NHS is probably stretched too far for that lol. I see them every two weeks since 34 weeks. Next appointment is 40+4 and seems ages away because its after Christmas!

Congrats everyoneeeeee well afm today I feel like shite full on migraine just feel like utter crap xxx

Oh I'mso and shytwin well done!! Huge congratulations xxxxx

9 days over due for me now! Definitely have a head cold! See midwife again this morning to attempt a 4th sweep! She wouldn't do the 3rd one Tuesday as his head has popped out from being engaged! Starting to resign myself to being induced on Tuesday now. Will post back if she has anything to say at appt!

Thanks for all the lovely thoughts ladies. I hope none of you end up this late! Xxxxxxxxx

Oh tooth you must be so over waiting by now. Just think though in a week from now you'll have your baby...and in a month from now none of this will matter. x

I've had a little progress apparently. Now 1-2cm soft and stretchy and cervix is 1-2cm long which after googling is about 50% effaced? I had another sweep. Now booked for induction on Tuesday but she warned me it can take 2-3 days sometimes depending how you respond. She also said she didn't think I'd end up needing it as am ripening. But am past hoping now. Just focusing on Tuesday. Am really past waiting!

Congrats to the new snowflakes!!

I have been really feeling loads of pressure at night at the bottom of the bump, but still yesterday at our 39 week app't., an internal check showed baby is still head down but not engaged at all -- and cervix is still closed.

Did any of you ladies that popped only become engaged when you went into active labour?

Guess I should start bouncing more on the ball? Really don't want to be induced over Christmas, as they close down everything over here, and my obs won't be even on call. Aaaaaaugh!

my beautiful boy

Attachments

• IMG_20121213_090204.jpg
    IMG_20121213_090204.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 9
Congrats to all the new mommies!

Big hugs to those who are overdue xoxoxo - poor things! I hope it happens soon.

I won't post much here...I'm terrible for long posts in the parenting thread!

Summer is 4 weeks tomorrow and it's been the LONGEST 4 weeks of my life (that's okay to admit, right?). PND has been a b*tch. That being said, I can see how things are starting to get a little easier...we've fonud a formula she does really well on (and I'm getting sleep now that I don't have to feed AND pump), and she seems to have a good temperment!

I'm thinking of you all and can't wait to share all the trials and rewards of motherhood with you wonderful ladies!

ExPat -- Baby engaged for me during labor :) Apparently it's quite normal.

Expat - I'm in the same boat re baby engaging. I've been doing the following: at least ten minutes in cat/cow to make sure he's not posterior, spending time on the exercise ball bouncing and doing hip circles, and I started yesterday with curb walking when I take our dogs out. You walk with one foot on top of the curb and one in the gutter which is supposed to help open the hips and jostle baby into position. My next OB appt is Monday, so I'll see then if it's helping. I have heard that some babies don't engage until labor but I want to make sure I'm doing what I can bc a floating baby generally = c section

I think I'm going to lose it. My phone/Facebook is blowing up with "is she here yet" texts/calls/messages/posts and quite frankly I just want everyone to leave me alone. Surely nobody is more excited for MY daughter's arrival then ME. Also was having contractions last night about 20 minutes apart, but it was bedtime so of course they stopped as soon as I got into bed. I can't stand this anymore :( Not to mention I still have to work today and tomorrow!

samj, sorry for all the pressure you're getting from fb, etc!! Big :hugs:

GenY, :hugs: for the pnd -- so glad to hear that you're getting some sleep.

shytwin, he is such a sweetie!!

daydream, lol at the gutter / curb walking! It's a bit slick here with snow, so if I try that i'll most likely end up in the ditch, but I will feel some companionship with you once I do some more prenatal yoga this afternoon!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->