*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Congrats ImSoTired & shytwin!! Awesome birthday for your boy shytwin, he is going to love telling people that when he's older :D he is absolutely gorgeous too, look at all that beautiful hair!

expattc - I was 3/5ths engaged with DD1 and 2/5ths engaged with DD2 when I went into labour so you don't neccesarily have to be fully engaged for things to kick off :)

Good luck to the rest of our ladies, hope everyone's babies don't keep them waiting much lonher :)

Daydream - I've heard of the curb walking...although my friend heard about skipping with one foot on the curb! A sight to see for sure!

congrats ladies! Ive been so tired i have had literally eight hours sleep since Friday.. My beautiful little man is a little monkey at bed time! How is everyone? Tooth i can not believe you have not had him yet was certain if log on and see you had given birth i know exactly how you feel i went ten days over every day felt like a week! Not had chance to share my birth story Its slightly horrific! Isaac was back to back and face presentation the pain was unreal the only pain relief i could have was gas and air and i only just made it to the hospital i didnt get the full amount of antibiotics for my strep b but he has been fine thank god! I pushed for nine minutes no stitches just a little graze Ive been told i have spontaneous labours which i knew anyway i was examined ten hours before he was born and told i wasnt in labour or even dilating!!

After contracting all day Saturday I delivered my baby girl on Suday morning. Her name is Caitlyn Isabel and she is beautiful. We love her so much.

However I am having some real bf'ing and sleeping issues and i'm getting discouraged.

Congrats on all of the other new snowflakes!

Massive congrats!! So happy for you. Our TTC days seem so long ago.

A BF breakdown at 4/5days post partum is normal. We got warned about it at a BF session I went to. It should get easier. If not ask for help. Do you have access to lactation consultants?

Congrats again and lovely name!

Is it possible to not know if your water broke or not? I feel really leaky, but it's not like gushing or anything. I have to go have it checked because my strep b test was positive. I have been having some pretty intense contractions on and off this evening, so maybe this is it? I'm sure I'll be back later though :rofl:

After contracting all day Saturday I delivered my baby girl on Suday morning. Her name is Caitlyn Isabel and she is beautiful. We love her so much.

However I am having some real bf'ing and sleeping issues and i'm getting discouraged.

A BF breakdown at 4/5days post partum is normal. We got warned about it at a BF session I went to. It should get easier. If not ask for help. Do you have access to lactation consultants?

Thanks so much. It does seem like only yesterday we were ttc and your baby will be here soon also. Breast feeding goes well one moment and is disasterous the next. It seems to be getting increasingly less disasterous as the time goes on which I am grateful for. I do have access to a lactation consultant and they were a big help in the hospital and they have even called me at home since to ask how I've been doing. With the help of a nipple shield I seem to be doing well but I still have all of the doubts a new mommy has about whether she is getting enough etc. However I just have this feeling that bf'ing is not the best choice for us. I will continue with it as long as I can but I will consider using formula if needed. It makes me feel a bit guilty but DH and I have been having a difficult time with Caitlyn at night. I probably haven't slept 8 hours since she was born:dohh: and I feel physically and mentally drained. DH can only do so much to help as he can't feed the baby and I've only just begun pumping and she isn't used to the bottle yet. Anyway I am just horribly hormonal and I cry at least a few times a day. Here's hoping baby sleeps tonight and things start going well! It's difficult but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my baby more than anything!!!!

Toothfairy hang in there! I went to the doctor on Friday and nothing had happened in weeks. I woke up with contractions on Saturday morning and had them ALL DAY. When I arrived at l&d things had still barely progressed but they kept me because I was in so much pain and I progressed quickly overnight having the baby Sunday morning. So it really can happen FAST. I hope your baby arrives soon!

Here is my pretty princess. Caitlyn Isabel:cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 2
Also I believe my weight guess was correct? I'll have to check the front page but she was 7lb 7oz at birth!

update...off by 1 oz!

Imsotired she is adorable!! I'm glad things are going a little for you. I hope you get some sleep soon! I will admit that part is scaring me quite a lot! Me being sleep deprived is not a pretty picture. Hope dh and my mom can handle me!

Thanks so much. It does seem like only yesterday we were ttc and your baby will be here soon also. Breast feeding goes well one moment and is disasterous the next. It seems to be getting increasingly less disasterous as the time goes on which I am grateful for. I do have access to a lactation consultant and they were a big help in the hospital and they have even called me at home since to ask how I've been doing. With the help of a nipple shield I seem to be doing well but I still have all of the doubts a new mommy has about whether she is getting enough etc. However I just have this feeling that bf'ing is not the best choice for us. I will continue with it as long as I can but I will consider using formula if needed. It makes me feel a bit guilty but DH and I have been having a difficult time with Caitlyn at night. I probably haven't slept 8 hours since she was born:dohh: and I feel physically and mentally drained. DH can only do so much to help as he can't feed the baby and I've only just begun pumping and she isn't used to the bottle yet. Anyway I am just horribly hormonal and I cry at least a few times a day. Here's hoping baby sleeps tonight and things start going well! It's difficult but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my baby more than anything!!!!

Toothfairy hang in there! I went to the doctor on Friday and nothing had happened in weeks. I woke up with contractions on Saturday morning and had them ALL DAY. When I arrived at l&d things had still barely progressed but they kept me because I was in so much pain and I progressed quickly overnight having the baby Sunday morning. So it really can happen FAST. I hope your baby arrives soon!

I've been warned by a few friends that it gets easier. The first week can suck. Mixture of baby blues and whilst your body and baby adjust to BFing. My friend warned me not to get formula in because I'd be too tempted to give up on night 5! Once established it'll get easier, then BF at night is soooo much easier than having to think about preparing a bottle. Not been there myself yet obviously and can't inagine how hard it is but you're nearly through the worse part. Remember babies tummy is only tiny still so they don't need much.

I hope it does get easier and well done for sticking with it this long on no sleep. :flower:

And she's gorgeous!!! Love the photo. Can't believe I might meet my LO any day now, although I think it maybe Janurary. I hope not!

Well I've no idea what is wrong with my body girls. I started having my usual post sweep episode of strong BHs at 4pm yesterday. Still coming when I went to bed. Then totally out of the blue I got gripped my stomach cramps and had a massive clear out. Actually about 6 times in half an hour. This was about midnight and the BHs stopped. I was woken at 2.30 by what I'm sure were real painful contractions. About every 7-8 mins. Last time I looked at clock it was 5am and still coming. Then I must have dozed off as next thing alarm goes off at 6.45 for older kids school. Instantly had a tightening but milder again. Lost big blob of plug when I went to loo. It's now 7.30 and I'm just feeling really uncomfortable and crampy. Lower back ache and the milder tightenings. I'm shattered. What is happening with my body?!!!!!??? I can't face what I went trough last night again for it up be nothing. The clear out was horrific. To have to go through it again is just.... Well I can't describe.

Toothfairy - you sound so close. It must be frustrating. Walk walk walk! I think you'll be in active labour by tonight! Good luck!

Oh tooth you poor thing :(. I am sure it must be close now, it sounds promising.

Loving the pics of the new snowflakes. What an adorable bunch of babies we have.

Well I came home from hospital with little Seth today. His discharge weight was 9lbs 4. He is just so adorable and I am loving it! BF going well now that milk has come in. He is so sleepy today after all the tests and action over the last few days. I feel ok, just bit tired. C section pain really good. Miss 2 and 10 so happy to have me home and I am loving it too!

Will post pic of my LO as soon as I get on computer.

Will pop over to parenting thread really soon :)

Gorgeous pic :) well head is still banging nothing getting rid of it even went into hospital to b checked out cz I nearly passed out, but nothing I went on the monitor tho and they said I am having tightening s regular ones I just can't feel them xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->