• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Honey Bee...Ava is divine! What a little sweetie! Also I love your above post well written and summed up.

I too am here waiting and cheering on remaining snowflakes! Hang in there ladies, not long now :) x

Thanks Honey! I am planning to BF so its my last hope of having cleavage for a while!!! But if it doesn't happen I'm ok with it. I've gone this long without so I won't die!!!

This pregnancy wasnt what I expected either. I never had any morning sickness and I was stretch mark free for a while but over the past three weeks they have multiplied across the bottom of my bump. I'm actually a little proud of them.

Bean my scan showed baby as being small too. She's estimated at 7 lb 6 oz but from midwife palpating she thinks no more than six pounds so we will see.

I am so ready to get this show on the road. Anything would be nice at this point, contractions or water breaking even losing my mucus plug. Part of me is getting so worried that the longer I go the more bad things that might happen. It's really stressing me out and I'm beginning to wonder if feeling that way is working against me progressing at all. I wanted so badly to be dilated at least one or two centimeters, but nothing when she checked yesterday.

Supposed to meet with the midwife again on Friday to discuss natural induction things that we can start. But honestly what the hell else is there besides walking, yoga ball, DTD, nipple stimulation, EPO, spicy food, warm baths? I've been doing all of those things. Even started having DH push on various acupressure points for the past two nights.

Hey guys! Just wanted to pop in and say a huge congrats to the new beautiful snowflakes!! I've been keeping up with the thread but feel like I have no time during the day to post, then in the evening when DD goes to bed I am too tired to do it! Starting to get into a routine now though, so will try to keep up more! :) Hoping those of you waiting don't have to wait too much longer!
Here's a pic of my little awake girl, she's pretty alert when she's not sleeping! Super gassy though, lol!

Attachments

• tessa.jpg
    tessa.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 5
Aww, loving all the snowflake pictures. So dang cute, I almost forget I have one of my own sleeping away in her crib :)

I was only 3 days over, but I know how you overdue (and almost due!) ladies feel. I kind of did the whole thinking change too -- "I'm just going to have to be induced" -- next thing you know I'm having contractions. It's so hard to wait, but it's the best thing ever to wait for. Enjoy your (kind of) sleep and clean house while you can!

4 days over now :-( arggggh how annoying getting far too near Christmas, everything fr us recently has just got closer and closer to Christmas Amaleigh was due the 16th not here yet obv, was ment to move into our house the 14th that got put on hold a "few days" still at my mums waiting to get the keys sat and knowing mine and my oh luck it will b sat I go into labor honestly nothing is ever smooth for us pair, like last night we ordered our selfs a washing machine cz that was the only thing we didn't have costing £300 at Christmas time with a baby on the way not what we need but then get a phone call of my mums friend saying they have one for us for £40 :-O too late now lol we tried waiting aslong as we could o c if anyone had one, we go buy one and then get a phone call :-( o well we just keep telling ourself s at least we no the one we bought will last a couple of years lol, I'm telling ya now one day something will go right for us sxxx

Think I'm going to call the midwife as he hasn't been moving much, no big kicks at all yesterday or this morning, just a few flutters. Is that normal towards the end? I'm getting quite worried, but whenever ive worried he's gone quiet before he always starts up again

Ocean I've also been having a 'quiet' day. It freaks me out a little but from everyone I spoke to it does happen. Some say its because they are running out of room so the kicks just turn into smaller movements. I've heard others say they go a bit quieter when they're getting ready to join the world! I like that explanation better!!!!

Sara I know what you mean about feeling everything keeps going wrong! When it rains it pours!! But when you look back you'll see its not actually as bad. It just feels that way when you're in the moment.

Ocean - yes it is normal for LO to slow down as he runs out of room or as he conserves his energy for the big entrance BUT you must go on your gut feeling. If things don't feel right or you can't put it out of your mind then my advice is certainly to call your midwife and request a trace. The couple of days before I had Ava, I noticed a real slowing down of her movements. I could still feel her but the movements were reactionary rather than her normal routine. I was referred for a trace and she met all of the criteria. However, when I was in labour, I was diagnosed with a womb infection which could have been pretty serious. The neonatal nurse told me that it was likely that this was what had been going on and her advice was if in doubt, check it out. No-one will mind and the test is non-invasive. It takes about 30 mins. Other signs to keep an eye out for are if you have a temperature, generally feel unwell or if you notice a smelly discharge. I didn't have a temp or discharge but I obviously don't do things by halves! Good luck x

PS jules - Tessa looks just like DD, doesn't she? What a pair of cuties!

Thank you girls :)

Just been monitored - heart rate good. Had 4 braxton hicks during. They're sendings for a scan because his movements aren't strong x

Oh I really hope it's because he's preparing for arrival!! I so want him home for Christmas!!
X

Just had scan and he's approx 8lbs! I'm now pooing myself because I'm very petite! Begged for a sweep from a big midwife who looks like she'll get him out! :)

Glad he is ok ocean. I had a scan 4 days before birth and was estimated 8lb 2. But he was 7lb 10 so not always exact! Hope you get the sweep!!

Glad he is ok ocean. I had a scan 4 days before birth and was estimated 8lb 2. But he was 7lb 10 so not always exact! Hope you get the sweep!!

Thanks hun, I've heard they aren't always accurate and in this case I really hope so!

I had 4 strong braxton hicks during half hour monitoring which is good

Hmm well if slowed down movements mean baby is getting ready to make an appearance then this little missy is planning on overstaying her welcome for quite some time. It felt like last night for no less than an hour she was kicking really hard, punching and rolling from side to side. Almost like when you watch a baby who's a few months old get really excited and kick their legs out three or four times and kind of arch their back when they do it. That's pretty much what her movements are feeling like. That and hooking her feet under my ribs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->