*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Just got positive tests today so I'll be joining you ladies!!

Due the 29th of December!!

Welcome and congratulations :flower: I'll add you to our list now!

Wow EDD of 29th coming in already! That'll soon be it for the Snowflakes, then it'll just be getting past first tri together, second tri and scans :)yipee:) and then we'll all have our lovely little babies to hold after 3rd!

Morning/evening ladies. I just want to say Lisa, Im So tired and 2016 that I have my FX for all of you that is everything is ok. I do also want to say that symptoms do come and go, tests can be faulty and urine concentrations differ all the time. I feel for you all and I can't tell you how important it is not to be too stressed. It may also be a good idea not to read to much, I know you love this site as I do but sometimes reading other peoples experiences can play games with your own head. Sorry if I am coming across badly. Please try stay positive and my thoughts are with you all xx

Lovie, sounds quite thrushy to me. Have you had any itchiness? I would go and get a swap taken by your GP or midwife if it continues to happen. Thrush is quite common in pregnancy and they say it's like (TMI) cottage cheese is appearance.

I seem to miss all the action over night as my time difference is so different to most of you.

Looking forward to hearing some good news :)

I am a registered nurse and this is my 3rd....sorry if I sound preachy, I don't mean to..... Xx

Not preachy at all munch, it's great to have advice from someone who knows what they are talking about professionally :)

Lovie, a few days ago I had a large amount of dark yellow cm - it freaked me out! Only happened once when I wiped and that was it. I'm thinking it's just all these crazy hormones!

Thanks munch. I have been taking it all a bit easier since the nurse called and said my numbers looked good and I got another bout of nausea after dinner. I think it was the loss of symptoms in addition to the spotting that made me think the worst even though I had no evidence. I am still genuinely worried but I think I will feel a lot better if I have a good scan and a nice rise in numbers tomorrow. I could perhaps stop worrying for a little while. It's just that these symptoms will be strong for a few days and then be gone for a few days. It is so unpredictable and worrisome. I did briefly discuss it with the nurse on the phone when she called and she said it is common for symptoms to come and go and it could be something as simple as a scent in the house of the way I brushed my teeth that had given me the nausea and something other days was just different enough to not strike up the nausea.

2016 I think it might be another case of a test problem whether it be diluted urine or what not. I know it's almost impossible to relax (because I know I cannot) but see if you can't coerce a doctor into seeing you because you are having some real concerns. Good luck, hun. I know it's rough.

Thanks ladies...

lily lee...I had a scan at 6 weeks and all was fine. Won't be getting another until 12 weeks.

trgirl...I did contemplate that even though it's naughty, I just worry I'm then taking a spot away from a woman who really needs a scan. I feel bad cos I've already had one even though I know it's daft.

munch...no not preachy at all. I remember from last time that symptoms come and go, but I don't recall them going so completely and for so long. :( I know reading stuff on here doesn't help so perhaps I need to take a break if I can tear myself away.

I could go out and buy another digi but, honestly I am afraid what it will say :(

Had such trouble getting to sleep last night, was crying my eyes out. DH says I'm being overly negative and silly. I still feel a bad feeling in my gut. Have woken up to tend to DS in the night and now can't sleep again from worry. :cry:

Gonna call the EPU tomorrow and see what they say.

We told both of our familes at around 4 weeks I think, but keeping it from friends and everyone else until our dating scan I think :)

Had my scan today :) Baby was absolutely fine, and had a lovely strong heartbeat too. I am over the moon! She saw a tiny pool of blood at the bottom of my uterus (no where near my pregnancy sac) and said it isn't anything major at all and my body will most likely soak it back in now as my cervix starts to close up. Here's our little blob :cloud9:

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/photo9.jpg

Perfect! So happy you got to hear the heartbeat!!

Aaah brilliant ttc_lolly. What a relief! I see your scan says you are 8w1d. Does that mean you are further ahead than you thought?

imsotired...I am rooting for nice high numbers so you can stop worrying too. :hugs:

oceanpearl...We told family after I had my first bloods done and, since I've had an early scan, I've already told work and a bunch of other people. I just can't keep my own secrets! I probably won't properly "go global" with the news until after the 12 week scan though.

Ladies my bowels are making life a misery - tmi but I keep getting searing pains in my bowels and BOTH constipation and diarrhea every day! I do have a tendency for IBS anyway and had this same horrible pain and diarrhea 5+ times a day from 28 weeks when heavy pregnant with DS...just don't know why it's started so early this time. :shrug: I don't have a gallbladder and wonder if that's got anything to do with it.

Ugh that sounds awful 2016 :cry: I've just had the constipation part and makes my bloating so much worse. I hope it gets better rather than worse this time..

Good Morning Ladies :flower:

Welcome to all the new snowflakes!

ImSoTired - fx'd crossed that all is well for you and your little bean! :hugs:

TTC_Lolly - Yaye! Our third snowflake scan! :) Looks great and thanks for sharing hun!

AFM - I'm a mix between dull nausea, lack of apetite, heartburn and gas... Oh and I'm soooo emotional. I saw this story on the news this morning about a 3 year old who was accidentally kidnapped in carjacking and left out on the street at 2:30 in the morning and I started crying. He ended up being ok but I was in tears :cry:

I'm right there with you, I'm crying at the drop of a hat! This has to stop (especially when at work...)

Great news lolly! Love the scan pic!

Thanks for replies girls, I'm thinking I'll tell my family after 6 weeks.

Here's my tests from 11dpo, 13dpo and today at 15dpo. V happy :D

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/7cec162e.jpg

Awesome progression, congrats!! That's similar to what mine looked like :wink wink:

Ladies I've been really worried as my line didn't seem to get darker yet so did another CB Digi at about 2.30pm as was on way to doctor... I came up Not pregnant. As you can imagine im panicking now, the doc said it could be that i tested too soon last week and things havent go e to plan or it could be that this test is wrong???

I had a 1-2 weeks a week before AF was due. And now this? I'm really confused.

So I broke it open when i got home and there are 2 sticks, not sure why 2. It has the dark control line on one accompanied with a faint line next to it. When I say faint, it's actually darker than the cheapos I've been doing and it's a lil darker than it shows in this picture.

Going for bloods tomorrow but so Worried now! I've had no pain or spotting, nothing!

Your thoughts? X

https://s1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg584/lisa_loo82/

Looks like a flop since there isn't even one line to compare? I think it's a fluke too, fingers crossed for some good news at the doc's.

lisaloo ive never taken a digi apart so i'm not really sure what I'm looking at here. I do however see a second line so I hope what you are dealing with is a faulty test.

The nurse just called me. She did not tell me what my levels were but that the doctor was happy with them. So I am assuming they are within the normal 6-7 week range. I feel only slightly better. Tomorrow is the sonogram and I know I will be very nervous until I see of hear a heartbeat. I know my heart will break if I don't see one. I am as prepared as I can be for a heartbreak. My nausea has been virtually non existant for the past 2 days and it was very mild on Sat and Sun. I feel as though something is wrong. I get more bloods and the sono tomorrow. Trying not to panic but as many of you know it's so difficult:cry:

This sounds good! I think if they had any inkling there was something wrong, they'd have you come back in for more testing. hope this can put your mind at ease a little bit. Good luck tomorrow, we're all pulling for that heartbeat tomorrow!!!

After try for nearly 2 years and 2 mc i am so pleased to be preggo with baby #2 hopefully all will go well and i will meet the new bundle of joy on the 11/12/12!!!!:happydance::happydance:

Congrats and welcome to all the new snowflakes! Can't believe how many of us will have Christmas little ones!!

Ladies I don't know if it's stuff I read on here or something real, but I've really started worrying about my little bean today. I've pretty much convinced myself something has gone wrong. I was throwing up up until Friday but since Saturday have felt less and less queasy and today only slightly so. I also swear my bbs have shrunk back again.
I don't have any pain or bleeding but worry my body wouldn't mc naturally cos I'm taking progesterone and it will keep things going.
After seeing all the tests on here I peed on my last cheapie test and the test line was much much lighter than the one I took 2 weeks ago. I don't know if it is cos I only held my pee for 2 hours and had loads to drink but I am pretty sure it should be darker.
I feel like Sprout is gone and I don't know what to do. :cry: I know the hospital won't look at me without pain or bleeding so I guess all I can do is wait.
Why did I take that stupid test just before bed. I shan't be able to sleep now. :(
And now Ive told work and everything. What a mess. :( :( :(

I'm the same, I had more symptoms the first 2 weeks I was pregnant, and different symptoms the last 2 weeks. My fatigue, sleep and thirst is better, and my boobs are sore and bloating is worse. It's very weird, and DH is definitely sick of hearing about everything changing. Try not to worry, I know it's hard to hear. When are you able to have a scan??

TTC Lolly.....Love your scan pic...how precious!

2016 - I'm sorry you are feeling down but I would agree with much of what has been already said. If you were replying to yourself as if it was someone else's post, then what would you say? Sometimes it's hard to look objectively at ourselves and when you get in a negative frame of mind you will find 'evidence' to back that up. That said, if you are still worrying today, I think it might be worth giving your midwife a quick call, just to explain your concerns and ask her advice. I'm thinking of you x x x

Munch - I didn't think your post was preachy! I agree with you. This forum is an amazing way to discuss how we are feeling, compare signs and symptoms, share advice and more excitingly scans but it can't ever replace professional advice. x

Thankfully the EPU was helpful and they have said I can have a scan at 2pm today. I have never wanted to be wrong so much in all my life.

Thankfully the EPU was helpful and they have said I can have a scan at 2pm today. I have never wanted to be wrong so much in all my life.

I have been doing a little googling for you, as this situation rang a bell with me (goodness knows why!) Anyways.. across all of the boards and the internet there are sooo many people saying that at 7 weeks the lines are lighter, almost to the point where some are having negative tests. It would appear that this is down to "The Hook effect" - have a look at this!

https://www.aacc.org/events/podcast/Documents/072709Gronowski.pdf

Apparently the levels of HcG get SO high in your body between 6-8 weeks pregnant that they confuse the test, if you read the info in Clearblue digi it tells you after 6 weeks not to use the test because it will give dodgy results. So (apparently) you have to WATER down your pee (sounds counter intuitive, but it works apparently) to get the right result from the test.

Try searching the B&B forums as there are sooo many examples of people with massively lighter tests than they were getting at 15 dpo because of this!!

I hope this helps.. Good luck at your scan today - everything crossed for you! xxx

2016 ihope you are wrong too! Best of luck with the scan, I'll be thinking of you:hugs:

Munch it's great to have advice from you! It absolutely doesn't come across as preachy! I havnt had any itching at all and the mucus was translucent so didn't seem very thrush like, I will keep an eye on it tho.. I havnt had anymore today :)

I was wondering if anyone has been using wondfo Internet cheapies? I was hoping to get a test line darker than the control line but it hasn't happened, it looks like the rest and control line are exactly the same. The test line comes up as the pee 1st hits it and then gets darker as the dye moves around whilst I wait for a few minutes. Has anyone used those tests and got a really really dark line?

Jamandspoon that is pretty interesting info on those tests! Good to know.

2016, glad you were able to get an early scan. Fx that everything goes well. :hugs:

Jamandspoon...thanks so much for looking that up. I don't have any more tests to try and am just too afraid now. Just have to wait the next 5 long hours and see what's happening at the scan.

I've heard that too, the Hook Affect. Hopefully it's just that 2016 x

OK... Quick question...

When did your digi give you a 3+?

Today I am 5+1 and am getting 2-3weeks.. is that normal still to be getting that and not 3+?

Great news that you got a scan 2016! Keeping everything crossed for you x x x

just been to see my gp have to have a scan today Iam so nervous! Keeping thinking horrible thoughts and i know i shouldnt so me and Hubby are about to set off ill let you ladies know how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->