*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

That's the way they do it here in PEI, and several other provinces as well. It sucks. :( I will be getting a private scan done to check the gender though! It won't be until after 26 weeks though. I'll live vicariously through you all till 20 weeks, lol!

Hi girls!! I had an ultrasound today :).
Here's a pic:
https://i.imgur.com/9s9kB.jpg

As you see I am having TWINS!!! that's why I have a bump!!

Congrats! My twins are almost 3. Twins are such a blessing! So are big families!!!! :)

wow I don't know how I'd cope with not having an u/s until 20 weeks... it's hard enough waiting for the 12 week scan! That must be so so difficult!

Midwife booking appointment a week today - starting to get a little apprehensive I must admit. I hate having blood tests at the best of times (I have rubbish veins and last time they had to take blood from behind my knee (after I'd feinted) as they failed to get it from both arms and both hands.

Also a little frightened that they'll book me in for a scan, and then I'll go and they'll tell me there is nothing there. My mum was telling me that this happened to her last week :(

I know it's perfectly natural to worry, but I'm finding myself more and more anxious as the days go by.. I imagined it would be the opposite!!

Hope all of you ladies are well today :)

Redhead84 - sorry, I forgot to say welcome and congrats! You were added to the list yesterday too :dohh: stupid baby brain!!

I hate having my bloods taken too and they always struggle to find my veins. A friend gave me a tip to drink plenty of water beforehand, it really helps your veins to become more easy to find and it actually works :thumbup:

Unfortunately the anxiousness and worries continue right through even once baby is here and probably until they are 18 - actually it probably gets worse after then :rofl: so just try and relax, and enjoy yourself (easier said than done I know). Your bubs will be just fine :)

Oh forgot to say it's my 12 week scan in exactly 1 week today :wohoo: so excited! We will also be going public with it too, making a FB announcement etc. I got my DD a little tshirt that reads 'I'm goin to be a big sister!' so will get a picture of her wearing it and possibly holding the scan pic and will have that as the big announcement :D

I'll try the drinking water thing, thanks!

Mind you, my appointment is at 9am, and if I continue to feel as ill as I have done the past couple of days, I'll be more worried about throwing up over the midwife!!

Juless, it is the same in Quebec.. really sucky. At least we can go private no problem so I have a scan at 13 weeks and will possibly get another one around 30 weeks... don't want to wait 20 whole weeks before seeing the baby again.. but we'll see. It is really too bad you don't have more private options... but I guess it is really small there.

Saw my doctor yesterday, going for bloods this morning so I am starving!!! Can't wait to finish so I can eat. And bought maternity clothes, they are fantastic!

Hope everyone is having a good day, we are almost at 12 weeks!!!

Oh forgot to say it's my 12 week scan in exactly 1 week today :wohoo: so excited! We will also be going public with it too, making a FB announcement etc. I got my DD a little tshirt that reads 'I'm goin to be a big sister!' so will get a picture of her wearing it and possibly holding the scan pic and will have that as the big announcement :D

thats a really sweet idea, where did you get the tshirt from? :dust:

I'm having a hard time getting comfortable at bed time. The back pain doesn't help. It's so annoying. Hopefully it'll get better soon. I'm also dying of thirst again and hungry a lot. It had gone away for a bit. I get the occasional headache too. I had a bout of nausea last night. I must have had a hormone fluctuation because my breasts hurt for a bit as well. I feel ok today though. I hope it's all a good sign. I'm still very worried but I hope they see a healthy growing baby at my scan in 15 days. After that I have a few more people to tell (if they don't know already) and DH and I are going to go and buy the nursery furniture. I can't wait to start buying things!Dh still hasen't gotten a chance to paint the baby's room either.

Hope you girls are doing well!!!

my scans on friday and we are doing the same, fb announcement after scan with picture ect i can not wait!!:happydance:

i got my doppler today and i carnt hear anything, i think i might be doing it wrong tho

There are a bunch of videos on youtube that show you how to use them and what sound you're looking for. What one did you get?

I just came to say I heard bub's HB for the first time last night with my doppler :cloud9:

Its a summer infant heart to heart one. i think i can hear a heart beat but not sure :wacko: i think ill have to have a look on you tube

fifipots I got the tshirt made! If you google loads of different tshirt printing companies come up :thumbup:

Its a summer infant heart to heart one. i think i can hear a heart beat but not sure :wacko: i think ill have to have a look on you tube

Yes, check out youtube. I would have been listening to the placenta this whole time without those videos.

I had a shirt made for my dog that says "I'm going to be a big sister!" unfortunately my big mouth got to people before the dog could, :rofl:

my scans on friday and we are doing the same, fb announcement after scan with picture ect i can not wait!!:happydance:

We're holding on until our 12 week scan to do the same thing :) Next Friday can't come soon enough. 10 days and counting :happydance: Not exactly sure how/what it will say. I have some reservations about posting my scan to FB, but some people do it with no issue. I just think it's weird to blast my uterus to the world :haha:

I've come to the conclusion that Dh and I can't have ANY kind of sex while I'm pregnant. Even if he doesn't penetrate and I have an orgasm I have brown spotting shortly after but only once. I don't have any pain but it's so scary to see spotting! I will definately be telling the doctor all about it tomorrow. I'm so worried the way it is and still spotting after any orgasm. Ugg! So frustrated! :cry:

It isn't red spotting like it was the first time we had sex but it's still so scary. Am I the only one that isn't having sex because of this? :wacko:So scary.

family congrats on your christmas twinnies :):twinboys:

imsotired my oh doesnt want to have sex as he is affraid that it will hurt the baby, w ehave done it 2 times with no spotting, but still not much sexy time for us :(

we are having a scan on monday and i will be 10 weeks, do you think thats too early to go public on facebook?

Lovie i dnt think Its to early i was going to with my Seven week scan then changed my mind as my 98 year old nan didnt know and i was too scared to tell her but she knows now so Friday will be the day... My husband said the same thing about hurting the baby so i told him to get over himself there has not been much action in my house but after all the ttc im quite happy about that.. Samj732 i think i might be listening to my bladder jus a lot of wooshing noise :-/ ... imsotired i bled from twenty weeks with my second every time we had sex bright red blood and quite a lot of it i went to a and e a few times but they had no idea what was causing it and baby was fine my cervix was fine was just one of them things i was fine till twenty weeks then started and happened every time after that? They told me to try different positions ect...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->