***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

GenY...I think some babies can be put down drowsy and self settle from birth, but others just can't. I don't think you can make bad habits by rocking them to sleep now if that's what you need to do.

Speaking of stumps, Iz still has hers (9 days now) and today it bled a tiny bit? Surely that can't be normal?

My pediatrician recommended just keeping it dry, but I did run an alcohol wipe around it toady when I noticed the bit of blood.

Samj- my little ones fell off at 10 days and bled after it fell off for two days. I called the doctor and she said it can be normal as long as it isn't bleeding too much.

I finally get to join the thread!!!!! Lilliana Siobhan was born Christmas Eve at 3:39 pm. 8 lbs and 20.5 inches long. Will post birth story and pics tomorrow.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Congrats Lilly!! Christmas Eve baby how special. 🎄🎅🎄🎅

Merry Christmas snowflakes x

Merry Christmas everyone and a very special merry first christmas to all our snowflakes! Xxxx

Merry Christmas everyone!

Big congrats and welcome to Lilylee. What a beautiful name and a very special day to be born. :cloud9:

Merry Christmas! Hope everyone is loving babies first Christmas as much as I am!

Happy Christmas!!! Best pressie so far, LO napped well!!! Maybe this is the end of the 6 week sleep regression?

Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• 65165_4223011337461_1004963447_n[1].jpg
    65165_4223011337461_1004963447_n[1].jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2
Merry Christmas everyone xx

My little man was born on the 10th December 3 weeks early but is a very healthy little man weighing 7lb 7oz and 51cms long :) We named him Tulloch :cloud9:

Congrats to the newest additions!! It's 130am here, I'm running of 3 hours of sleep from last night, had a long day going to 4 different Christmas dinners and LO will NOT SLEEP TONIGHT. I'm really starting to get discouraged :( every night from around 12am-4am she is wide awake and crying no matter what I do..

Congrats to the newest additions!! It's 130am here, I'm running of 3 hours of sleep from last night, had a long day going to 4 different Christmas dinners and LO will NOT SLEEP TONIGHT. I'm really starting to get discouraged :( every night from around 12am-4am she is wide awake and crying no matter what I do..

My DS did this and now my DD is the same. I found it was down to overtiredness. But they seem to sleep all day you say? Well in general, for the first few months at least, a baby needs to be going back to sleep just 1-1.5 hours after waking. This is usually just enough time for a nappy change/feed and short cuddle. Being passed around too much or other stimulation like strong smells etc. can also cause overstimulation. Some babies take this all in their stride and are happy to just sit in a bouncy chair and doze off when they get tired. Other babes (like mine) need help to fall asleep or they can very quickly turn overtired and it's then a massive battle!
Wide eyes, squwaking and moving arms and legs about in a jerky fashion are all signs of overtiredness. It took me 4 weeks to realise DS didn't want to play when he was doing that! :dohh:

Anyway the best thing I've found when they get like this is the 5 Ss. See this link:
https://youtu.be/ddRkI5wVIqQ

I'd recommend getting Harvey Karps book "Baby Bliss" or "Happiest baby on the block". I got mine out the library. The video will explain the basics but I found the technique worked better when I started doing it properly. There are some things like the swaddling and susshing that are a bit counterintuitive and it seems you're making baby more not less unhappy! But I can assure you they do work and Ive now reduced my 3-5 hour screaming hell to 1/2 hour or not at all!

But whatever you do hang in there and know it doesn't last forever. :)

I'm in the same boat regarding the midnight crying. 2016 I will definitely try that bc it has been the days with visitors passing him around that have been the worst.

Also I think this is my first post on the parenting thread! We had Harrison on 12/18 at 1:27am at 7 lbs 10 oz and 20 3/4 in long. Everything has been so great. When my milk came in I had forceful letdown and oversupply issues. Went to LC and got help and am using nipple shield while letting my nipples heal from LOs shallow latch he adopted to deal with the letdown. Now things are great and will attempt to transition from the shield after all has recovered.

Oh and LOs stump fell off during one of the feedings last night at 8 days old. It was interesting trying to find where it went when it was still fairly dark in the room, but I didn't want one of our dogs finding it first :haha:

Congrats, lily! Is her name similar to yours?

Thanks! No my name isn't even close to Lilly, its just a name I love and in the eleventh hour of labor told DH I hated the name we had picked and wanted to change it so that's what we settled on. We did have a good laugh later when I mentioned what my username on the forum was and I told him I hope people didnt think I was full of myself if that was my name too!

lilly - ok, makes sense! I love the name Liliana, but DH wasn't on board with it.

question for BF moms. Gabby eats way more often during the day, like 1.5 hrs start of feed to start of feed, then goes about 2.5-3 hrs at night. i'm afraid i am over feeding. how often do your LOs eat? she is 4 weeks now. 1:30pm and she hasnt let me get anything to eat yet! going mad....i do think she smiled at me tho, and it wasnt just gas! so that makes it a little better, but i'm starving!

Time to get the nipple cream out as the 6 week growth spurt has begun! :wacko: With DS this meant 3 days of constant and I mean CONSTANT feeding all day and night. And trust me this is no fun with a refluxer!

Chloe...that's a fab thing about BF. You can't overfeed! Does sound like you could benefit from a ring sling to get your hands free to eat once in a while! Dunno what I'd do without mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->