***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

I always thought 3 was a nice number of kids but then i found it hard to look after a toddler whilst pregnant so thought our 2 would be it but then once Hayden was born we decided we would try for a 3rd but not until both boys were school age. I've changed my mind again now though after seeing how close the boys are already so think we are going to try for a similar age gap of 2years again.

I definitely want a 3rd (although for the first 6 weeks of Millie's life when her colic and screaming were at its worst, I did change my mind!) but OH says no way :( he did say no more after DD1 though and I managed to get him to agree to ttc Millie, so maybe I'll be able to work my magic again! If I can (or am allowed) I'll leave a gap of 3-4 years I think x

You ladies are naughty. You were supposed to dissuade me! :rofl:

lolly - yes, gynefix is a copper IUD. The copper tubes are held on a suture and so it is more flexible than the conventional copper IUD. I quite liked the look of it and the idea of no hormones and no effect on my cycle/ovulation. My GP also mentioned heavier periods with copper IUD's but I think I might still prefer this option, if I don't go down the TTC route......On another note - where did you find your breastfeeding ticker? Does it update automatically?

Which one lovely? The milestone blinkie? They are all here... https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/breastfeeding/532894-all-cow-blinkies-here.html if you search on google you can find the same ones but with a turtle instead of a cow :) x

Thanks Lolly :thumbup: Yes, that's the one. I felt like I deserved a medal! Check me out - I've even managed to upload a profile photo. Its only taken 10 months :dohh:

Honey explained it perfectly. The woman I saw atthe clinic said they use a different copper coil to standard gp ones so they have less side effects. She highly recommended it as she fits them everyday and hears good feedback so will give its go.

Ive heard the mirena does stop bleeding which is heaven, just wish I could deal with hormones. My DP has banned me from hormones as last time we nearly broke up I was so bad!

I noticed Honey.Bee :lol: check you out all tickered up! Loving the avatar too, Ava is such a happy, little beauty!

Ahhh I'll have to look into this different copper coil then and see if I can get it done anywhere. I've read that the mirena decreases your sex drive massively and I really don't need any help doing that! :wacko:

Yeah artificial hormones mess up libido for a lot of people. Same when I was on th depo.

I'm currently eating dinner with the hairdryer on full blast, watching come done with me with subtitles because little man conks out as soon as its turned on! Just tried to turn it off and he instantly started wiggling and fussing lol. Babies are funny little things x

HoneyBee I'm not sure you're crazy as now when I think about another baby I love the thought but then at the same time there is another part of me that says, no way! I'm thinking I'll wait until Cait is at least 2. I think now that we have 1, DH will be much more easy to convince, or I hope so at least.

As for BC, I'm terrified of an implant for some reason so I'll most likely never go that route. Also I had a horrible time with full hormone pills and I've heard bad things about shots. I'm currently on the minipill because I still am breastfeeding (very little, though:nope:) and I will try to get the doctor to keep me on it. It's only 93% effective but it wouldn't be the worst thing if I got pregnant again. DH isn't fond of condoms (big surprise:dohh:) but I think that if I threw enough of a fit he'd agree to them. After another baby or two I am thinking about having my tubes tied but we have aways to go before I make that decision. We used to use the pull out method which surprisingly worked well for us, and as I said, it wouldn't be the worst thing ever if I got pregnant again. I, like the rest of you, am just trying to avoid anything with too much hormones as I was a wreck on them and I believe it really screwed me up and made ttc difficult. I have some sex drive but haven't had the time to act on it yet.:blush:

On another note is anyone still not back to their pre-preg weight? I really need the ambition to get back to working out but with all of the crazy stuff going on with the baby and lack of time I haven't begun exercising yet. I so hope I can do it again!

Hope you're all well.

Some recent pics:

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/b34129f687daf0ca68480edb93ee2082.jpg

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/dcdf48f503862697f6cde39eaebb014a.jpg

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/a76bf809696f0115dd49b30a940e18a6.jpg

Finally got some smiles :happydance:

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/2d834fb024aa9453b51abe4ea5c27b99.jpg

Aren't they adorable when asleep?! :haha:

Oh Ocean - Ollie is just gorgeous. The girls are going to be chasing him in no time at all. I think his name suits him perfectly x

ImSoTired - I am back to my Pre-pregnancy weight, but not shape. That said, I only put on 7kg so there wasn't too much to lose. I find the best way to exercise is to walk, walk, walk everywhere. I walk 1-2 hours a day. For example, yesterday rather than getting the metro 2 stops to my GP, I walked there and back instead which took 90 mins plus Ava sleeps the whole time we are on the move! It's a lot easier than finding time/energy to go to the gym. We are also starting a Mum and Baby dance class soon where baby goes in a sling and Mum dances away to anything from disco to Bollywood! Figured it would be a good way to meet other Mum's too!

What a beautiful baby he is Ocean!

Honeybee I lost about 30lbs before I got pregnant which is why I think I haven't made it back down there. You all seem to be doing great weight wise, but not me. I need to lose 14lbs to be down to pre-preg weight. I don't plan on going to a gym and there aren't a lot of places to walk with the baby especially in this weather. I have a treadmill for this reason but I have yet to get on it as Caitlyn doesn't have a schedule and can be a rather needy baby. I'm hoping that shortly we can get her on a schedule and I can walk on the treadmill for about a half hour each day, or every other. That is how I lost the weight in the first place. It can definately get my down sometimes so I'm hoping I can get back to it! Any suggestions on how to get baby on a routine and get a bit of motivation?

Thanks girls x

I'm back to pre preg weight but just need to tone up. Noticed stretch marks on my bum the other day! Didn't get one on my belly but my bum is covered!

Thanks girls x

I'm back to pre preg weight but just need to tone up. Noticed stretch marks on my bum the other day! Didn't get one on my belly but my bum is covered!

Well that's different...but I think I'd rather them back there then on my belly. I'll probably never wear a bikini again but you can always cover your butt. lol

I never weigh myself but i think i'm back lower than pre-pregnancy as my clothes are now too big. I didnt put much on throughout pregnancy though and with breastfeeding both boys and barely finding time to eat each day it seems to have gone off quickly.

I know very strange ! Lol hopefully they fade as I'm not keen on my stripey butt

Ocean, he is sooooo gorgeous!!! I love sleeping babies (who doesn't!?) and he has the cutest little smile :) if you have an iPhone there's a white noise app you can get and it has a hair drier sound in it along with Hoover, tumble drier etc :thumbup:

I'm below my pre-preg weight, but I lost weight during pregnancy so it hasn't been too difficult! Currently on slimming world, trying to drop a food few stones before our summer holiday at the end of August. One thing I'm not too pleased about is stretchies appearing on my tummy POST baby! WTF!? I got a couple after having Amber too but they are a bit worse this time :(

Here's some recents of Millie x

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/3573AA06-285F-49C1-9155-EF5525F585B4-3542-00000249FDEAFECB.jpg
https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/A1E2D874-9E1A-414A-B494-894FEB33598D-361-00000026D7016704.jpg

And a comparison I did of Millie aged 2 days and 8weeks & 2days *sob* when did she get so big!?
https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/0B5A9E86-3DE6-40DD-8AB9-E05A37EDE4CF-2560-000001D927BC0976.jpg

Lolly I've had that too! I swear I only had one small stretch mark coming off my appendix scar while pregnant. Now I have some off my belly piercing scar and some under my belly button :(

I was just talking to my friend yesterday about how my weight is getting to me. I was normal size prepregnancy and didn't put lots on. I had lost just over half the weight by the time I left the hospital and I've been the same since. I just feel so unattractive and unappealing. I avoid changing in front of my dh as much as possible!

I am so frustrated I just want to cry. Breastfeeding started off so well for us. And now I'm having such latching issue with Amber. I just don't know how to fix them. I've tried holding her in different positions and it hasn't helped. I discovered there is a LaLeche support person in a city close to me so I emailed her but have received no response. I really don't want to give up because I really enjoy it.

Imsotired, your DD is so cute and happy, even in those braces! I'm sure its more painful for you to see her than it is for her. :hugs:

I'm still about 3-5 lbs shy of my pre pregnancy weight. I too have stretch marks that appeared out of nowhere! Had none when i had a giant belly, but as soon as it deflated, i see white lines crawling down my stomach from belly button downwards. Hmph!

Bean, I hope you get some good advice from la leche. I haven't had to utilize them yet, but i have heard great things. Its so frustrating when you think everything is set and then it goes off into left field.

Lolly, amazing how they grow! I just did that with Gabby's weeks 3-9 pictures. I attached them below. I miss my tiny girl! She is now over double her weight. Will get her vaccines tomorrow :(

Ocean, what a cute baby!

I'm on the fence about DTD. We did last weekend and it kinda hurt since it had been so long! Was nice to be intimate again tho, but I really don't have the energy to do this regularly. Hopefully Gabby will give me some more solid nights of sleep, 1030-620 last night. woo! Put her down at 10 tonight, so we'll see where that gets us in the morning.

Attachments

• Week 3 (800x636).jpg
    Week 3 (800x636).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 5
  • week 9 (800x541).jpg
    week 9 (800x541).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 6
Gorgeous babies. Good work mamas.

I'm still about 10kg away from pre-pregnancy weight. But i'm not too stressed about it. I've started exercising but only 5minsa day haha!

Bean - did you look into lip and tongue tie? I recall you mentioning something about a bad latch and milk was escaping her mouth. It might be affecting your supply as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->