***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

I have to take that back. He's just been really forcefully sick. I'm beside myself now and hubby has shouted at me for over reacting and told me its because I'm over feeding him!? I really don't know what to do

When Iz threw up it literally soaked me, her, and the furniture. It was A LOT. It stopped after that day tho thankfully. My pediatrician wouldn't see us unless it kept going for 24 hours, she had a fever, or less then 6 wet diapers in 24 hours.

Iz is 14 pounds and 24 inches long today. Where did my baby go?!

Also, I'm definitely having a visit from Aunt Flo right now. Dear god she's back with a vengeance! This is one of the heaviest I can ever remember having.

Oh tooth :hugs: how distressing for you. Hang on in there. I know you've probably already thought about this but can you nurse Joseph in as upright as possible position and as Lolly said, have little breaks during feeds to let things settle and stop him gulping it down? As for not wanting to bother your GP - that's what they are there for! I can guarantee that they will have seen
patients with lesser concerns. If it would make you feel better, go!

Bay - haha! An 80 year old woman?! I'll take that as a compliment. It's funny isn't it. I bet we have all got mental images of each other and they're probably way out! I like the idea of envelope tops - I didn't know that either and yes, I guess the neckline would be quite flattering too :winkwink:

Tooth, Camden sometimes spits up what seems to be a very large amount, and sometimes pretty forcefully. I asked the pediatrician about it and she said it sounded like reflux to her, but that it wasn't necessary to do anything (medication-wise) unless she was losing weight or having fewer wet diapers. I feel like frequently burping her helps to prevent it somewhat. It still worries me every time it happens though.

Anyone elses LO have the little red bumps on their face? I'm not sure if it's baby acne or a rash, maybe heat rash?...it's much more noticable when she's crying or if her face has been laying against something. She doesn't act like it's uncomfortable or itchy, but it looks yucky.

Anyone elses LO have the little red bumps on their face? I'm not sure if it's baby acne or a rash, maybe heat rash?...it's much more noticable when she's crying or if her face has been laying against something. She doesn't act like it's uncomfortable or itchy, but it looks yucky.

Yes, Amber has this. Also doesn't seem to worry her but I still feel bad for her cos it doesn't look nice.

Tooth, try unlatching Joseph when u feel letdown and catch that forceful spray in a tissue or cup. I have to do that sometimes so gabby doesn't choke or take in too much air. I have a friend whose son spit up so much they used bath towels for burp cloths, and there was nothing wrong with him. Some babies just spit up a lot.

Gabby got red bumps on her chin and neck. Dr said it was probably caused by all the drool and moisture pressing against her skin.

I can't believe how quickly babies grow! I miss my tiny little 6 lb girl! I signed her up for daycare today and cried on my way home. I feel like I will be abandoning her right when she will start being able to play with me. I don't want daycare to witness all of her firsts. Wish I only worked part time :(

Toothfairy, I think it's probably that he's drinking too much, Chloe raises a good suggestion :thumbup: if you're letdown is very forceful maybe unlatch until its calmed and then re-latch? My right side has such a strong letdown too and Millie would really struggle with it so I would do that on occasion (she seems to be able to handle it now). Please do speak to your GP if you're worried at all though hun :hugs: it really doesn't sound too serious, as someone else mentioned it can look like a lot of milk is brought back up but really it may only be just a fraction of his entire feed.

Scooby, Millie had quite bad baby acne but it cleared right up within a week. I would dab some breastmilk on them at every feed!

Happy Chinese New Year everyone!!

We are off to another city tomorrow to stay in a fancy hotel for a few days! I can't wait to just get away and enjoy some luxury. Its going to also be some nice bonding time for us.

Have a good week everyone!

Finally caught Amber's smile on camera!

Attachments

• Cellphone pics (1).jpg
    Cellphone pics (1).jpg
    22 KB · Views: 7
hey ladies, Wow its been a while!
@Tooth , Like other said unlatched it and try again.
My right boob is always full and fast letdown and its sometimes too much for my son and it bothers him always and he need to cough orsomthing like that so i always try to unlatch him and try again ..

Yahya is now 9 weeks and 3 days and gosh time goes quick ! He is soo tall!
I miss him being a brand newborn baby!!
I have been enjoying every moments with him!
Especially on wednesday and thursday when my husband is off from work and take care of our 3 year old ,brings him to nursery too ..so i got nice lovely time with Yahya

I have a Quistion ..
The girls who are breastfeeding ; Do you still feel milk coming in?
And is the hunger still there? Mine is quite gone now except at night i do want to eat something but is not like it used to be i would just put anything in my mouth because of the crazy hunger.

I still feel my milk let down, I usually know that means I'm going to have fast let down when I feel that, and that Hayden isnt going to like it.
Hunger wise I can go all day without eating mainly due to being so busy with the 2boys but it always seems once I've had my dinner it sets it off and I need to eat more.

Bean what a precious little smile :)

Samia, I miss my little newborn too! Re milk coming in, only ever feel my breasts "filling" when Millie hasn't fed for a while or usually around the time she's due a feed (sometimes even when I think about feeding her it'll happen - clever body/hormones!). I feel the let down on every feed.

How's everybody's weekends been? Child-wise, mine has been fine. Both girls have been great and we've enjoyed having my OH off work fri-sun so as got plenty of family time together (& I got to rest!). Other than that I've had some awful news - my uncle passed away on Friday :( his body was found in his flat and we are awaiting PM results to find out what happened. I'm in shock/denial I think. He was so young (41) and such a lovely guy, it's just such a shame. Unsure if I'll even be able to attend his funeral as I don't think I'll have anyone to watch the girls for me during the week :nope:

I don't feel anything :(
Very occasionally I've had that pins and needles feeling when I've thought about feeding Amber but never when I'm actually feeding her. That's why its so hard for me to know if she's getting enough hind milk.

We're stopping at the hospital on our way today because I suspect Amber may have thrush in her mouth. Hope I'm wrong!

Some people don't feel their let down, although what you've described I think is it. It's a kind of pins and needles weird sensation suppose!

lolly, so very sorry to hear about your uncle. *hugs*

Our weekend was fun! I took the girls down the road to my parents' Friday night as we had a major blizzard on the way! They have a wood stove for heat so since the power could go out we didn't want to risk being at our house with no heat. We ended up getting about 50cm of snow so just got back today! Glad to be home, but it was a nice time away! :)

We finally got a pic of Iz's smile today too :)

9 inches of snow here today and still counting!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 4
To the question about breastfeeding I have never felt a letdown. I had to research what the letdown was. N from searching it n finding out what it is they only way I know I have it is Angel gasping as she is swallowing

Lolly sorry about your uncle. Must have been quite a shock.

Amber does have thrush. I feel bad for not picking it up sooner. We also got her weighed properly, without her blanket, and she is only at 3.34kg! That's barely a kg more than her birth weight. Doctor was quite worried so I've given in and we're going to start combined feeding.
I'm OK with it. I just want the best for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->