***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Sorry to hear about your uncle lolly.

Lolly so sorry to hear about your uncle. Best wishes to you and your family xxxx

Bean I really feel for you. I am no way an expert and don't really have any advice but you do know that amber has had the best and most important time of breastfeeding now. Those first few weeks with all the antibodies etc. Her having a little formula might take a but of pressure off you now too? Now you made the decision. Don't feel bad about the thrush either, it's hard to tell if its milk! Now she had treatment for that she might feed better too?

Big hugs to you and lolly xxxxxx

Oh Lolly - what a shock for your family. Your uncle was so young. Big hugs to you :hugs:

Bean - I agree with tooth. You've tried so hard and managed to BF for the most important time. Actually, you may find that Amber feeds better with treatment for the thrush as it may have contributed to her difficulty feeding. Fingers crossed for you honey x

Loving all of the smiley babies! Keep them coming ladies! As for let down, I feel it with practically every feed but strongest when Ava hasn't fed for a while. If she's hungry she can cope with the splurge of milk but otherwise I have to take her off the breast and catch it in a muslin. This often leads to comedy moments where she gets stprayed in the face etc.

Samia - I am constantly starving! There were times I could barely eat during pregnancy but now I find myself much hungrier than before. I guess your body tells you what it needs to cope with the milk production?

I found this interesting article about having issues breastfeeding. I agree with her, noone should feel guilty if they can't make breastfeeding work for them.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/pare..._b_2632623.html?utm_hp_ref=parents&ir=Parents

Thanks everyone. I am hoping Amber will feed a bit better once the thrush clears up. But for now I'm focused on getting her weight up. Thank goodness she's taken well to the formula!

Having a lovely time at the hotel!!

How can babies be so unpredictable? My little lady has slept for 5 straight hours this afternoon and I've got nothing done as I just keep staring at her!!!
7 weeks old now and 12lb 12oz

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 0
Thank you all :hugs:

Loving the smiley pics, keep them coming!

Bean big hugs :hugs: That sounds like a good plan, just focus on getting her weight up and hopefully once the thrush clears she may take from the breast better :thumbup: she's had a fantastic start with all of the antibodies and protection you've pass to her so don't feel guilty or bad at all.

Here's Millie this morning yelling at me :lol: this happens a lot... little madam!

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/th_222323FA-1686-4BD5-8DAF-47422CFA13D9-402-0000002C34AB34F7_zpse9a03ebb.jpg

lolly so sorry to hear about your uncle.

millie is so adorable. love the video. cait 'yells' at me like that also. so so cute!

Bean, why did u suspect thrush? Was she behaving funny or did u just notice white in her mouth? I hope the formula helps u out!

Lolly, sorry about your uncle :(

I feel a letdown at every feed, and also when thinking about feeding if she hasn't eaten in a while. It's amazing how powerful the mind is! This is inconveniently when at the store!

Has anyone transitioned to daycare yet? I am dreading that since gabby is so much happier when held, I know the daycare won't constantly hold her so she will cry :(

Do your little ones go to bed before you yet? I've been putting Joseph down when we go to bed as his first sleep of the night is the longest and want to make sure I sleep at this time too. This was 10.30 to 12 when he was first born but its getting harder to delay bedtime. He's always awake and grumpy in the evening and won't nap no matter how tired. As soon as I bring him upstairs he is off to sleep. It's just getting earlier and earlier. It was before 9pm when I came up tonight. Just feeding him now.

Just seems bit young to be putting him up alone?

Hayden gets really grumpy in the evenings too but will rarely sleep while he is still downstairs. We try taking him to bed but he wakes up as soon as he realises so we are up and down to him so usually I just end up staying up there with him. He sleeps best when he is being cuddled, throughout the night he is always snuggled right into me.

Cookie that sounds cosy! The only was I get Joseph into his carrycot is by feeding him to sleep whilst daddy puts hot water bottle in his bed. Then when he goes in he thinks he's still being cuddled as its warm and cosy! He does end up in with me at about 5pm as by then the bottle is cold!

He has his own space in our bed, we have a super king so lots of room in the middle for him but he always manages to wiggle himself over to me.

Fifi such a cute picture!
Lolly I'll have to watch your video when I get home tomorrow

Chloe my dh noticed white patches in her cheeks a while ago but at the time I was under the impression it had to be on the tongue (so stupid!) and I get vasospasms but I put them down to bad latch. But recently the white on her cheeks came back and on Saturday my nipples were incredibly itchy. So I decided I'd better get it checked out.

Tooth I only put Amber in our room when I go to bed. Her bassinet is on wheels so I have it in the lounge with me during the day til bedtime. To be honest I'm still too paranoid to leave her on her own.

Cookie - Ava is exactly the same! We give her a bath around 7 and then she comes back downstairs with us and sleeps curled up until we go to bed about 11. She then has a monster feed before I can get her in her cot. However, if I fall asleep rocking her or when she next wakes, she will refuse to settle in the cot and ends up in bed with us. We have a super-king too but she always ends up right next to me. How do they do that? One time I woke up to find her little hands either side of one of my boobs just patiently waiting to be fed! As lovely as it is, I wish she would self-soothe and sleep in her own bed but the HV advised not changing things until 3/12.....who knows? Oh and that 6 hour sleep was so a one off!!!

Vaccinations today :( stay well everyone x

Honey! The thought of Ava holding on waiting for her breakfast is very cute!!! Hope the jabs go well today. Let us know how she gets on. Joseph has his next week. Not looking forward to it!!

Well we survived! The jabs really weren't as bad as I had anticipated. The walk there was worse than the actual appt which was over with in 2 mins. She cried with the first but was then too busy to notice the second and promptly fell asleep in the waiting room so I don't think it was too traumatic for her. Going to get some calpol now, just incase. Don't worry about it tooth, it really wasn't so bad. She's cried more over a wet nappy!

Glad they went well, Honey. I'm dreading them but hearing that has made me feel a little better :) do they have them at 8,12 and 16 weeks?! Is calpol ok for so young then? Ill get some

Oliver takes ages to fall asleep in his Moses basket now, but its either that or with me standing and rocking him. He used to just conk out on me so easily, seems like now he's more alert it takes longer. I'm loving the smiles and gurgles - he's changing so fast!

Sorry about your uncle, lolly :( how sad x

Anyone have plans for Valentines? We're obv not going out so I've bought DPs fave dinner (steak and mash) and a saucy outfit for after! Looking forward to it, even if it doesn't go to plan due to bubba (which is very likely!)

I don't know about were u live but in the us they get shots at two, four, six, sometimes nine, twelve, and fifteen months. And that's all I know for now as my oldest will b getting her 15 month shots on the 20th n Angel will b getting her 2 month shots on the 20th. I say sometimes at nine months because they sometimes don't do the combo shots. They did with Ella so Ella didn't get any at nine months.

Hi Ocean! Yes you can give calpol infant suspension from 2 months as long as baby weighs more than 4kg and was not premature. Our next round is at 12 weeks. I've found this link if it is any help?

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccinations/Pages/vaccination-schedule-age-checklist.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->