***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Sorry - its the trade name in the UK for paracetamol infant suspension.

I've never heard of paracetamol either. I have he infant ibuprofen last night n she's been eating,n going straight back to sleep

Calpol = Tylenol.

My doctor told me they don't suggest using ibuprofen until 6 months.

i just called doctors office to find out what i can give her. it scares me to give her anyhing cuz shes only the size of a newborn baby. shes @ 100.3 n they told me a week ago if it gets to 100.4 take her to er

Yes it on the bottom, it's a tiny white spot and I tried to have a feel and it felt hard!??

ocean - it might be something called a Bohn's nodule (if you google it, you'll see images). An erupting tooth will look different because the whole ridge will be widened with the bulk of the tooth, before the tip becomes visible through the gum.

ellas teeth all came tip first.w/ sharp ridges. they told me ow much i could give her for a baby her size yay. now hoefully it will break

ocean - it might be something called a Bohn's nodule (if you google it, you'll see images). An erupting tooth will look different because the whole ridge will be widened with the bulk of the tooth, before the tip becomes visible through the gum.

Interesting! I hope it is! Far too young for teeth. Makes me since thinking of breastfeeding! X

Thanks everyone for your kind words regarding Caitlyn's hip.

As for teething I thought Cait would go early because I can see where her teeth are going to be. I can see the two little white spots beneath her gums but they have yet to poke through. I won't mind if she does go early though because we only breastfeed for about 10 minutes before each feeding. I really dread the thought of breastfeeding a baby with teeth as well as she can already be quite abrasive at times with just her gums.

I hope you are all well.

I don't think anyone looks forward to breastfeeding a baby with teeth! I can see lines where gabby's front 2 teeth on the top will be i think, and she is drooling a ridiculous amount, but definitely no breakthrough.

I survived my first full day away at work. It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, probably because i know she is with my MIL instead of daycare this week. Pumping at work SUCKED. The room was tiny, no sink, & I had to practically kneel on the nasty ground to plug in my pump. I got about 7 ounces each pump, so hopefully Gabby doesn't need more than 14 oz between 8 and 5 every day! And it takes a good 20 minutes each time, so thats a waste of almost an hour of productivity. I dont know how i am going to survive 9 more months of this

On another note, are any of you losing your hair yet? I have begun to notice it falling out more:nope:.

Yes me!!!!! Huge lumps of it. Am tying it up in a knot all the time as its everywhere. Such a nuisance. I'm still having night sweats too sometimes!?

Joseph has a little red lump on one thigh and a huge bruise on his other after his injections yesterday. Poor little man. Doesn't seem bothered though. Am just feeing him and he's about to go into big boys cot for first night!! Fingers crossed!!

HELLO LADIES!
I fell off the face of the planet a bit...but it was good! I was busy enjoying my maternity leave with Summer, doing lots of fun baby storytimes at the library, mommy & me groups and visiting my SAHM friends.

Somehow, now that I'm back at work, I have MORE time to be online, lol! I've been back for two weeks and it's dreadful to be away for Summer so long but I am happy that I didn't seem to forget everything while on leave. I'm building up the confidence to ask for every other Wednesday off so that I can see her more---by the time I get home in the evenings she is only up for a couple of hours before she goes to bed. It's heartbreaking!

DH is home with her Mon and Fri and she is in daycare Tues-Thurs. She is the youngest (and cutest, I think) baby there so she is spoiled with attention!

She is still a small little thing, having just hit 11lbs at 3 months, and she eats like a bird (never more than 4 ounces in a sitting, and that's rare!) I thought that would mean she'd never sleep through the night, but just as I was about to lose my mind with exhaustion (and the marriage was suffering because of it), the little Miss decided to sleep from 9pm-5am last night! I feel HIGH ON LIFE I'm so rested, it's AMAZING! I don't expect this to be an every night thing, but I do think it means she will do it on her own, and sooner than later! WOO HOO!

Anyway, there was no point in trying to catch up on all I've missed in the last two months or so, but I plan on re-joining the group, so to speak...hopefully I'll be caught up on all the gossip soon, and I can't wait to see pics of these little ones growing up!

https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/jenbella83/ee2e0dd6-33c2-4f86-b1e0-c4fa73715616_zps103bbe18.jpg

https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/jenbella83/04e17563-073d-47d3-9076-79a65ee4343c_zpsbb2bc4b2.jpg

Yay GenY! Welcome back. :wave: Glad you and Summer are doing well. Love the photos too x

GenY so happy to hear from you and Summer is ADORABLE! Cait is exactly the same- She won't be 3 months until the 9th of March but she is still under 11lbs and only eats 4 oz at a time, about every 3 hours give or take. I'm still not sleeping normally but I have hope for the future. Hope you are well!

Tooth- I really don't know what to do about the hair loss but it is scary to me! I hate it! DOes anyone know if there is anything I can do about this?

Try not to worry too much about the hair loss, it will settle down with the hormones have evened out more. There isn't much you can do, short of continuing your prenatal vitamins to get lots of Good hair growing nutrition!

Bean, great job with Amber's weight gain, you must be so excited with your progress!

Welcome back GenY! I'm dreading going back to work for the exact reason you mentioned. By the time I get her home she'll only be awake a few hours and then I'll have to put her to bed. So sad :(

Hi ladies!

I've only read the last handful of pages but already learned something new...I had never heard of a jumparoo :haha:.

My DS loves his playgym. He kicks, waves, and coos at the toys (& recently started reaching for them) all the while I've been wondering how long it'll take for him to get tired of it. Well, when/should it happen, a jumparoo seems like the next best thing. Thanks ladies! :thumbup:

Imsotired: I cried after my son's 2 month shots - couldn't imagine what you're going through seeing your little one in a harness and facing the possibility of surgery :hugs:

I'm loving all the cute baby pics!!! Here are a few of my little guy.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-21 at 7.39.11 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-21 at 7.39.11 PM.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2013-02-21 at 7.38.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-21 at 7.38.51 PM.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2013-02-21 at 7.38.37 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-21 at 7.38.37 PM.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online