December Testers! Anyone else hoping for BFP for Christmas?

I plan on starting a January page. As soon as I do I will post a link. I thought just updating dates to January in this one but I think it would be overwhelming for someone new coming in.

Two questions to the group:
1- what's everyone's thoughts on using the wondfo's to track the increase in hcg? Is it legit? If so, how often should I do it?
2- has anyone looked into the August pregnancy discussion group? I peeked last night and it already has over 104 pages. I feel like I'm too far behind already. Anyone want to start a new one or will this group just be moved on its own eventually? I think my last ttc group got moved on its own by the moderator.

I don't know if it will get moved automatically but I vote we start our own! I don't want to get lost in the sea of new people. I know you ladies and want to stick together. Plus I would really be due end of August - in my family that likely means really September :) And we have a good sizeable group here already (and hoping for more soon FX).

If my tests are still positive this weekend when AF would be due I will definitely join :happydance: Please start the ball rolling sass!

G
Two questions to the group:
1- what's everyone's thoughts on using the wondfo's to track the increase in hcg? Is it legit? If so, how often should I do it?
2- has anyone looked into the August pregnancy discussion group? I peeked last night and it already has over 104 pages. I feel like I'm too far behind already. Anyone want to start a new one or will this group just be moved on its own eventually? I think my last ttc group got moved on its own by the moderator.

oh and about your other question, I don't know if it's truly legit but I think wondfos are pretty useful up until your test and control line start to be about equally dark (which could take very different amounts of time for ladies). I know with my chemicals they only got darker for maybe a day then stayed the same/lightened. I am using the darkening as a good sign for now and if they stop getting darker I will definitely worry. I think the rule is every other day because that's how often hcg doubles. The only thing to keep in mind is that tests aren't all exactly the same. So a same or lighter line one time might not mean anything. But it could be a good reason to test again soon. You have to watch the trend.

Really hoping I see my lines continue to darken!

Sass I don't want to test any earlier than Sunday since I will be 12 dpo then, and I just don't think I could stand a possible false negative. She is due in in the afternoon, so I will test that morning and have a pretty good idea. Also my husband is really big on keeping the news quiet until after the first tri so positive or negative I will be keeping my lips sealed. You are right about the wine, it definitely makes her easier to tolerate. I hope the visit form your mil doesn't come with any bad luck.

I also think we should start our own August babies page! I want you ladies here for all my freak outs! My test today is exactly the same as my one yesterday so that makes me incredibly happy because it was only a 3-4 hour hold this time and it was like a 6-8 hour hold yesterday. I have an awkward question for all the other pregnant ladies on this thread if you guys don't mind. :)

Congrats again Smiley!! I've never used a digi.... but if I do get to see two lines on an HPT I may go and treat myself. It must be incredible to see that big word "Pregnant" staring back at you :) H&H 9 months!

AFM - It's pretty definite that that almost positive OPK was a false alarm. They're back to their usual far-from-positive that I'd expect this time of the month. :shrug: It'll go positive eventually... and in the meantime, I'm still testing on Dec 25th just on the off chance - so I'm already in the TWW LOL

I also think we should start our own August babies page! I want you ladies here for all my freak outs! My test today is exactly the same as my one yesterday so that makes me incredibly happy because it was only a 3-4 hour hold this time and it was like a 6-8 hour hold yesterday. I have an awkward question for all the other pregnant ladies on this thread if you guys don't mind. :)

I don't mind a bit! Everything and yet nothing is awkward about ttc and pregnancy. It's very personal and private but we all need to be able to talk about our issues and concerns. Plus it's way easier here than at the doc's office!

So after looking at it again I changed my mind. This one is even darker than yesterday's because the test line is as dark as the control line this time, not just close. I'm so excited. I just want a healthy baby but I kind of hope it's a girl because I already have my boy. :)

It's so dark, it's beautiful. I can't believe I'm not even 4 weeks yet. I can't stop staring at it. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 13
Well my question is about dreams. I always have very vivid dreams but I almost never have sex dreams. I know pregnancy can do weird things and it usually tends to make me horny, but every night for the last little while it's just sex dream after sex dream lol. If ever I did have a sex dream before they were usually about my husband but these ones are like super creative. Like me and another girl and some guy, never saw his face. Or me and this random dude that I dated in like grade nine for a month. Somebody please tell me this is just the hormones lol.

Just got another positive OPK 2 weeks after my last one hoping an egg actually gets released this time! Desperate for a temp rise tomorrow or next day. I will cry so much if not.

:witch: is finally here, hoping the new year brings us luck!

DH's SA results are in. I spoke to the nurse who gave me the numbers but of course they make no sense to me and she really didnt know either. I am waiting on my dr to call back. The only thing that sounded off was 90% were slow?? Does anybody know what that means?

Count was 20 mil
motility was 50%
90%was slow

:shrug:

I got 4 positive OPK's before I got my :bfp: not sure if that means anything to you.

Well my question is about dreams. I always have very vivid dreams but I almost never have sex dreams. I know pregnancy can do weird things and it usually tends to make me horny, but every night for the last little while it's just sex dream after sex dream lol. If ever I did have a sex dream before they were usually about my husband but these ones are like super creative. Like me and another girl and some guy, never saw his face. Or me and this random dude that I dated in like grade nine for a month. Somebody please tell me this is just the hormones lol.

Hehe your description is great! So far I haven't had any dreams whatsoever - been dog tired and sleep deprived because of various scheduling/work issues and feel like I have just been a complete inanimate object at night. BUT I have seen lots of other ladies report crazy dreams during their first weeks. I would definitely count it as a hormone thing. I know the progesterone I have been taking affects my sleep so all the wild real hormones must do a number.

Just enjoy the creativity while you can and maybe have some fun with your DH too if you're up to it :thumbup: I am sure he wouldn't mind benefiting from your nocturnal adventures lol. Itall part of the process.

PS I totally know what you mean about staring at your test! I packed mine in a little baggie to bring to work so I can stare at it in wonder whenever I take a potty break :blush:

Lol. I feel bad for the poor guy because I've been really worried about sex so he hasn't been getting any at all because I am worried that if a miscarriage is threatened then the sex will kick start everything. I told him I just want to wait until we know for sure that everything is okay.

:witch: is finally here, hoping the new year brings us luck!

DH's SA results are in. I spoke to the nurse who gave me the numbers but of course they make no sense to me and she really didnt know either. I am waiting on my dr to call back. The only thing that sounded off was 90% were slow?? Does anybody know what that means?

Count was 20 mil
motility was 50%
90%was slow

:shrug:

Im not very knowledgable on this, but from what i gather is that his sperm have ok motility but most are slow meaning they arent fast swimmers. I would google natural ways to help boost sperm motility. Its actually something very fixable :)

Congrats again Smiley!! I've never used a digi.... but if I do get to see two lines on an HPT I may go and treat myself. It must be incredible to see that big word "Pregnant" staring back at you :) H&H 9 months!

AFM - It's pretty definite that that almost positive OPK was a false alarm. They're back to their usual far-from-positive that I'd expect this time of the month. :shrug: It'll go positive eventually... and in the meantime, I'm still testing on Dec 25th just on the off chance - so I'm already in the TWW LOL

Chances are you missed seeing the surge thats all. A lot of people just get their surge overnight or in the evening. If you just test in the morning or early afternoon and then dont test again until later the next day, you can easily miss seeing the surge. It happened to me on an almost positive. I had two days of it and then boom went lighter. I take an almost positive as "its time to get busy".

Can you add me? Testing Dec 23

Cycle #6 TTC after TR, all natural so far...OH SA not good in August, repeat Jan 5th, RE appt Jan 7th. If his #'s are better we will try clomid or femera for 2 cycles, then move to medicated IUI in March, but I'm praying we get a Christmas BFP

Chances are you missed seeing the surge thats all. A lot of people just get their surge overnight or in the evening. If you just test in the morning or early afternoon and then dont test again until later the next day, you can easily miss seeing the surge. It happened to me on an almost positive. I had two days of it and then boom went lighter. I take an almost positive as "its time to get busy".

:) Thanks... But between being monitored by an RE and temping, I've got lots of signs that I didn't O yet (in fact the doc who did this morning's ultrasound didn't think I was anywhere close). It's ok - that nearly positive OPK was INCREDIBLY early for me, so I'm not behind my normal schedule or anything. And there's the definite silver lining that I have so many monitoring methods this month, that I know not to stop BDing yet ;)

I'm 6dpo today and my post ovulation temps are much lower than usual this cycle. They are very close to my coverline, but there is still a clear temperature shift though. I took evening primrose oil this cycle and it made me ovulate 2 days earlier than I normally do. I don't think I'll be taking evening primrose oil next cycle (hoping there isn't a next ttc cycle though!) FX!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->