• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December Testers! Anyone else hoping for BFP for Christmas?

Ok, so I just got my levels drawn for the first time since the doctors where closed for the holidays. I'm not sure if I am 4 weeks or 5 weeks, cause I miscarried last month, and my ovulation was messed up this month because of that. But I didn't get by BFP until I was 4 days late from my period. But I know my levels are doubling nicely, cause the line on the test went from barely there on the 25th, to pretty dark on the 27th, to as dark as the test can go today. :thumbup: ok, so my blood was drawn today, and my HCG was 93.79, a number I was perfectly ok with!! I was sooo happy! And then I texted my mom...and she put doubt into my mind. She said "Don't get too excited, that's really low for 4-5 weeks. When I had my (late) son my levels were 1000 at the time of my missed period". Ya. So now I feel like I should prepare to miscarry again like last month..I was happy cause my levels were sooo low last month, the highest they ever got was 27 and that was at 5 weeks. Are these levels ok? Especially since I'm not sure exactly when I ovulated?

I need some advice.. i am 3 days late for my period, but hot a BFN on my clearblue digi this morning... why???

Have you been temping or using OPKs? I can't pinpoint exactly WHY for you, but for example my cycles would vary by a couple days. They would be anywhere from 25-28 days long. One cycle I ended up thinking I was late but it was because I didn't accurately predict my O day and thought it was earlier than it actually was (my LP is always 12 days). Are your cycles always the same?

They have been the same. But I guess it could have changed. I don't know how to temp or opk.

Checking beta levels always stress me out. I think the important thing is to see if the numbers double in 48-72 hours. Try not to stress as much as possible. ( I know it's easier said than done)

cd10 and my period is officially over! I only spotted once today and so little, that I'm sure I won't spot tomorrow. YAY! Now the opk's that were supposed to arrive today need to hurry up and get here!!

Im going back in two days to make sure my levels are rising :) if so, I schedule an ultrasound and then move from my RE back to my OBGYN :)

2 years, 7 months, 4 rounds of clomid and one round of femara + ovidrel. Im on cloud 9. I still dont believe it...

Your initial HCG number means nothing. The only thing that matters is if it doubles or not. So you need to go back in 2-3 days and get it drawn again. If it hasn't gone up enough your doctor will talk to you about what that means. And normal for 4 weeks is 5-400 something. And normal for 5 weeks is 18-7000 something. So to me your levels are fine.

Congrats bubbles and try not to worry! FX for a sticky bean and H&H 9 months for you! :hugs:

I need some advice.. i am 3 days late for my period, but hot a BFN on my clearblue digi this morning... why???

Have you been temping or using OPKs? I can't pinpoint exactly WHY for you, but for example my cycles would vary by a couple days. They would be anywhere from 25-28 days long. One cycle I ended up thinking I was late but it was because I didn't accurately predict my O day and thought it was earlier than it actually was (my LP is always 12 days). Are your cycles always the same?

They have been the same. But I guess it could have changed. I don't know how to temp or opk.

It's super easy! As long as you wake up around the same time daily and get at least 3 solid hours of sleep beforehand you can temp. I didn't always follow this rule exactly... there's a BBT adjuster online I would use if my wake time was a bit off and I didn't always get good solid sleep but the process is a bit forgiving. A basal thermometer is inexpensive and websites like Fertility Friend make charting and detecting your fertile window and O day practically effortless! OPK is pretty much like HPT. My first time I started using them early on in my cycle (I had cheaper ones) and could visibly see the line darken to indicate impending ovulation, though sometimes those are tricky and difficult to read. I prefer digitals but don't begin using those until around CD10 until I get my first positive. Depending on your usual cycle length you would maybe want to start OPK a bit earlier or later. My cycles ranged from 25-28 days and after temping a few months I knew I would O between CD13-17. The combo of both BBT charting and OPK will really help you pinpoint your optimal days for BD, identify your typical O day as well as your LP length :thumbup: It's worth researching and giving a try!

Pink, pp is correct that the doubling (or rising by at least 60%) is more important than the number itself, and there is a wide range of normal hcg numbers. For example, my hcg at 5 weeks was 204 and I ended up miscarrying. It was slow rising and probably ectopic but the levels were never high enough to see anything on an ultrasound.

How do you even get your hcg numbers? :shrug: I called the day after I got my :bfp: and they just scheduled me in for an 8 week appointment and nothing else.

MB I remember them doing that with both my pregnancies, just poas then get told to come back at what is probably 8-10 weeks, get an us to confirm due date, and on your way. They probably drew blood but I don't remember being told the numbers. Then again, I wasn't able to get care until about three months in with DS1 and was almost 10wks with DS2 before I even took a test..

How do you even get your hcg numbers? :shrug: I called the day after I got my :bfp: and they just scheduled me in for an 8 week appointment and nothing else.

If you're low risk they don't usu ally do quantitative hcg levels.

The only reason my doctors office took my HCG levels was because they think that diagnosing a failed pregnancy early is key. They want to know whether a person is going to miscarry so they can take the appropriate steps, not all doctors offices are like that. I've heard that quite a few doctors offices in the states and some in the bigger cities in Canada even, won't take you as a prenatal patient until 8-10 weeks. It's something about wanting to make sure it's a viable pregnancy before wasting time and resources.

Yes because heaven forbid they might actually use the time and resources they are being paid to use before it will result in a long term patient. lol. CD11 here and I got my opk's!! Here's one done at about 1pm. Getting there!!

Attachments

• untitled (6) (375x500).jpg
    untitled (6) (375x500).jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1
Hi ladies - moving over from the December thread. CD4 for me and testing around 21st January I think. Lots of baby dust to all! The January thread was lucky for me two years ago when I concieved my son - so I hope it works the same Magic! For some reason so early on tho I am not feeling very confident

Hi ladies - moving over from the December thread. CD4 for me and testing around 21st January I think. Lots of baby dust to all! The January thread was lucky for me two years ago when I concieved my son - so I hope it works the same Magic! For some reason so early on tho I am not feeling very confident

:dohh: sorry I posted too early! It's lovely to be able to talk about this kind of stuff with people going through the same though :flower:. How is everyone? Xx

Good luck Dreamer! We'll be watching for you on both Emilie's and my January threads. I'm putting you down in mine. Remember that are hormones are rapidly shifting during our periods, so that's probably where your current lack of confidence is coming from. I'll share some of mine if you like, as well as all the :dust: I can spare.

Good luck Dreamer! We'll be watching for you on both Emilie's and my January threads. I'm putting you down in mine. Remember that are hormones are rapidly shifting during our periods, so that's probably where your current lack of confidence is coming from. I'll share some of mine if you like, as well as all the :dust: I can spare.

Thanks Querida! Xx

I was reviewing and updating my Santa baby, bring me a BFP for Christmas thread and counted 6 :bfp: out of the ladies (including myself) that posted on it. December was a super lucky month!

Is there a way to change a thread from TTC to Pregnancy status or do you just let that old thread hang and start a new one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->