December Testers! Anyone else hoping for BFP for Christmas?

I mix the hot teas and juices into a personal blend that's healthy and yummy at home and keep a big jug in the fridge that's off limits to everyone else. lol

I'll start testing on Dec. 3-4. I just started my TWW and I'm super excited. We've been trying since Aug. 2012 off and on. It's been rough, we already have 2 (1 I gave birth to) but I'm ready to be a mommy again! I've been looking for lots of support because of the Dec testing. I will be testing alone in case of a BFP to surprise my papi.

Thanks for all the input!
DH fell asleep early. I thought about waking him up to BD but I figured since we BD'd the past 3 nights and the OPK is only almost positive I would let him sleep and jump his bones again tomorrow ;)

Lou - I don't know any foods to kickstart ovulation but my naturopath told me to stay away from sugar. It can really affect ovulation.

SweetPea and Orion thanks for the info! If it's 48 hours after the +OPK that will mean I O three days later than I expected to.

Strange we (I) spent so many years worrying about getting pregnant and then it turns out to be pretty hard to do so :wacko:

Bfp for Christmas would be the best! I'm waiting till dec 5-6 to test, just starting my tww. Anyone else testing around then? Last month I wasted too much money on tests so going to try and hold off a bit longer this time. Hope I feel some symptoms in a few days....

Olive - you can ovulate as early as 12 hours after a positive OPK...it's not always 48 hours. Last cycle I got my +OPK in the morning and the next morning I had a temp increase, so I must have ovulated the same day that I got my +OPK

Cat lady - I am testing around the same as you...dec 4th...though I might break down and test on the 3rd. I'll be 13DPO on the 3rd. When I got my BFP earlier this year I tested on 9 DPO and got a BFN and then tested 12DPO and got my BFP.

Deductivemom - thanks so much for the info on progesterone!! I take oral caps 200mg. I've read that the suppositories are better for thickening the lining. Is that what your doctor said too? Are you going to switch to oral when you get pregnant?

So far I just get drowsy after I take my pill at night...next morning I'm fine. I had a great temp increase this morning (6DPO) but I had that last cycle too and I wasn't on P. Last month, sore boobs and I was super emotional in the TWW. This month no sore boobs and I am fine, emotionally.

Im 14dpo on the 6th Dec, I doubt ill last till then to test though lol x

So even though I decided not to OPK or temp this month I'm pretty sure today is 1 DPO. I had some ovulation cramping last night with extremely watery cm and today is sticky which is what I usually get after O. So we will see. If thats the case AF should be here December 7.

Emilie have you done a FRER yet?

Finally got my smiley face today!! Yippee so I'm off to BD! Hoping my temps confirm it soon!

Ok. I had my surge overnight as my OPK was almost positive before bed and pretty light this afternoon. DH and I have been BDing every night since Saturday. I'm feeling optimistic as I have done everything I can and November has been a lucky month for me for TTC. Hopefully it worked and the LO sticks!!!

I'm worried if it doesn't work this month I might not have the energy to do this next month. Maybe I was only meant to have one rainbow. My SIL is ironically pregnant with the same due date as my latest miscarriage, 5/5/15, and each month I feel like the elephant on my chest is getting heavier and heavier. She is jealous of my husband and his accomplishments so she has turned our entire life into a competition. I feel like she is secretly enjoying our struggles. I feel like if I just gave up and pretended to be happy it would take away her joy but I don't want to let her childishness change our plans for our family. Ahhh sorry. I didn't intend on venting I'm just realizing that I'm struggling more with this than I thought I was.

Anyway, I plan on testing on the 10th if I can wait that long. This month I'm armed with 25 tests and I don't plan on being frugal with them.

Ambiguous , fingers crossed for you. Having someone due at the same time as your angel baby must be so so so difficult. Xxxx

AFM I have just inserted a soft cup for the first time!! Feeling a bit nervous about it...really hoping I've plugged it in rather than plugged it out...so far I don't feel any leaking So that's good. Really have no idea how I'm getting it out though!! Second cycle of preseed... Fingers crossed this combination is a winner!

Has anyone else ever tried softcups/instead cups/ moon cups?

Hi everyone :wave:
I'm just subscribing so I can keep up to date with you all. I'm taking a break from the boards in December but I'll be back in the new year! GL to you all!

:dust:

Xx

Lou I did soft cups and conceive plus for the first time last cycle and had a chemical, so I hope it works for you.

Afm, not much to report. CD11 and my temps have been all over the place. I started with some ewcm, so hoping to ovulate in the next week. Since my hubby is traveling for work next week (when I expect ovulation) I booked a flight for dd and I to go and join him for most of his trip. I hope the money I am spending on plane tickets will be worth it if it means a Christmas bfp.

Ambiguous , fingers crossed for you. Having someone due at the same time as your angel baby must be so so so difficult. Xxxx

AFM I have just inserted a soft cup for the first time!! Feeling a bit nervous about it...really hoping I've plugged it in rather than plugged it out...so far I don't feel any leaking So that's good. Really have no idea how I'm getting it out though!! Second cycle of preseed... Fingers crossed this combination is a winner!

Has anyone else ever tried softcups/instead cups/ moon cups?

LouOscar01--

I use softcups for AF, to remove it...all you have to do is bear down on the toilet and stick your finger under the rim and pull it out. I love them for AF...I haven't used them to try to conceive, but I am thinking about it!

Awww EClaire that's so lovely!! Really hope that it works for you!!!

Bing, have a lovely Christmas and New Year!

Thank you MJ and Lou!

Lou, I also used soft cups for AF. I recently switched to the Diva though. They come out quite easily. I recommend doing it on the toilet for ease and comfort. Like 1nce said, just bear down and that will help. Best of luck!!!
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->