December Testing ~ Come on Christmas bfp's!!! (24 so far!)

Hey ladies, feeling a bit down today. Found out yesterday that my younger sister might be pregnant. They got married in August and they weren't trying because they aren't ready in any way (emotionally or financially) but instead of preventing it they just kinda let it happen. She told me yesterday that she was so scared and was not ready to be a mom. She just figured that considering that I haven't gotten pregnant yet that it wouldn't happen for them yet either. :dohh: She hasn't tested yet because she so scared and thankfully shes not testing until at least friday, so I win't have to worry about a Thanksgiving announcement. (Because we married brothers I would have to sit through that twice at two different families house) and she promised to tell me first before the family. I;m trying so hard to be happy because I will love the baby so much. But I feel so cheated! Why has it just skipped right over me? Why isn't it my turn? When will it be my turn? I know that seems really selfish but after a year and a half I think I deserve some answers.

Sorry to be kinda depressing but I really needed to talk to someone, she asked me not to tell my DH.

FX everybody is doing well!! :thumbup:

My temp was up today, so I may have O'd yesterday. At first I was a little disappointed that even though we BD'd three days in a row, it was 2, 3 and 4 days prior to O. But then I read this article:

https://www.justmommies.com/getting-pregnant/boost-your-chances-getting-pregnant/best-time-to-get-pregnant

I thought it was pretty informative. I knew that it was best to have sex prior to O day, but I didn't know exactly why until I read that.

Also, it lays out exactly when it's best to have sex (1 and 2 days prior are best, 3 and 4 days prior are still better than day of O, and 5 days prior is not so good, but still possible).

Most importantly, the last point is that you have the best chance of getting preg when you have fertile CM, regardless of what day it is relative to O. That made me feel much better, because we BD'd those three days because I had fertile CM and thought I must be O-ing soon. So maybe there's a decent chance this cycle!

Maybe I'm a little further behind on my baby-making education than some of you other ladies, but I thought it was helpful.

:hugs: to mattsgirl. I don't think you're being selfish. It's really hard not to have those feelings when TTC, as I'm coming to realize. And I can't imagine what it's like when it's your younger sister (my sister is older and already has two LOs). And since your sister wasn't even trying! Funny how it always seems to happen when one isn't trying. It will happen for you too!

(PS: I'm Matt's girl too! Different Matt, haha)

Cat- thanks for the info...it was really interesting. I knew that the days before were better than the day of o but I didn't know that sperm take like 10 hours to mature after being ejaculated before they can fertilize our eggs. Great info!!

Hey mattsgirl I haven't been trying for long but my dh has only just agreed to let us try for #3 I have wanted to for over a year but he kept saying no, anyway I know how you feel my sister in law announced she was pregnant a month ago due in march!! And my own sister Announced last weekend that she is pregnant due June I'm so gutted will love my new nieces or nephews but it's hard to see them and talk about how excited they are today a friend on fb announced she is due April I feel that most the women I know are having babies!!!!
Fx you get your bfp soon!
:dust:
Andrea xxxx

hi hun can i join if im right and my cycle is the same as last month i will be testing on the 3rd. thanks hun and good luck everyone xxxx

Hey ladies, feeling a bit down today. Found out yesterday that my younger sister might be pregnant. They got married in August and they weren't trying because they aren't ready in any way (emotionally or financially) but instead of preventing it they just kinda let it happen. She told me yesterday that she was so scared and was not ready to be a mom. She just figured that considering that I haven't gotten pregnant yet that it wouldn't happen for them yet either. :dohh: She hasn't tested yet because she so scared and thankfully shes not testing until at least friday, so I win't have to worry about a Thanksgiving announcement. (Because we married brothers I would have to sit through that twice at two different families house) and she promised to tell me first before the family. I;m trying so hard to be happy because I will love the baby so much. But I feel so cheated! Why has it just skipped right over me? Why isn't it my turn? When will it be my turn? I know that seems really selfish but after a year and a half I think I deserve some answers.

Sorry to be kinda depressing but I really needed to talk to someone, she asked me not to tell my DH.

I don't think you are being selfish...those are natural feelings to have. I had those same feelings before my 1st. Sister in law got preggo, then cousins, then another sister in law. Seemed as though everyone around me could get pregnant except for me. It will happen for you! I hope it happens soon. :hugs:

Hey Stargazer, thank you so much for starting this thread!

Can you please put me down for testing on December 15!

Thanks so much and good luck to everyone! Come on Christmas BFPs:xmas12:

Yay Stargazer the December thread is running!
So my plan is to hold out testing until the end of my longest cycle which will be 25th Dec!!
Have a feeling I'm ovulating earlier this cycle though so may well test before but the 25th can go as my official date
Good luck everyone! :dust:

Ooh, a Christmas BFP would be so exciting Baby!

You're not being selfish at all Mattsgirl; even though you are happy for others when they get pregnant, it is still totally natural to feel jealous or sad as they have something that you want so badly. My sister is getting married in August and wants to start TTC right after. I will admit that my worst fear is that I still won't be pregnant by then and she will get pregnant right away. Good luck to you this cycle Hun!

Hi can i join? Im not to sure on My date il be somewhere between the 22nd and 25th.
Baby dust. 2 u all xx

Hi Ladies! Hope you dont mind me joining in late! Im cd5 today, due to O on the 2nd/3rd December. I will TRY to hold off testing until the 14th but probably not!

Im not sure whether to temp this month or take a little break from it.. Its a pain in the butt having to get up at 4.30 to temp as I know my toddler is up anywhere between 5/6 so I cant chance taking it too late! Anyone else just going by CM and using opks?

Ill be testing around the 20th. My cycles are still all over the place but should be around then :)

Hey can I join? Im testing on the 10th IF I can hold out that long :)
Good luck ladies!!
:dust: :dust:
Yayyyyyyyy for Christmas bfp's :xmas12:

Mrs. Eddie
wantanother83
MrsMurphy2Be
Misscalais
Midgey123

Good Luck!

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online