Deep Cut! Freaking Out!

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I was dusting my house today and I bumped a picture frame off the shelf while do so. It shattered over my foot and a shard of glass cut me pretty deep, not deep enough to need stitches, but deeper than a scratch. I cleaned it out with hydrogen peroxide and placed ointment into the wound, then applied pressure until it stopped bleeding after an hour. Anyways I'm freaking out because now I don't know if hydrogen peroxide is safe to use in pregnancy. I couldn't find any rubbing alcohol so that was the next best thing I had. Does anyone know if it could hurt the baby if it gets into my blood stream?

I would imagine that such a small amount would enter the blood stream as to be totally negligible, but I can't see anything that stands out as "OMG NOOO" according to dr google. I'm sure you're fine unless you decided to drink or inject a cupful, which I highly doubt you would do :).

Lots of hair dye contains hydrogen peroxide and many woman continue to dye their hair during pregnancy, they would be breathing in the fumes and the scalp would absorb chemicals. It seems to still be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->