Definately doing it now

Seth tried mashed potato which he liked and peas which he wasnt too keen lol Just keep trying I guess!

Thanks for the tips :)

xxx

We can try mash potatoes ? I was going to make some for supper tonight

Yay welldone Seth!
They can have pretty much more veg and fruit.
I do batches and icecube them then put in bags and take out whats needed.
I do buy cow and gate apple and banana cereal though.....it is soooooooo yummy.
xxxx

I mashed up a rusk for him with milk tonight and he ate it but Im still really confused about everything....

Do I need to offer him water?
Do I feed him after he's eaten?
How much should I feed him every day?
Will he dfinately stop eating when he's full?
When is it best to try him with food? In the morning? Because so far Ive been offering him it in the evening...

xxx

I mashed up a rusk for him with milk tonight and he ate it but Im still really confused about everything....

Do I need to offer him water?
Do I feed him after he's eaten?
How much should I feed him every day?
Will he dfinately stop eating when he's full?
When is it best to try him with food? In the morning? Because so far Ive been offering him it in the evening...

xxx
I dont do rusks so im not sure on the qty there.
I just built up over the last 3 weeks with Tabs but i let her have the same thing for 3 days in a row to get used to it.
i started off at the 4pm feed as that was easier with everything else here and now i do the 1pm feed too or thereabouts.
I dont give Tabs water,she just has milk and food i mix the veg with the cooking water though so get the right consistency so i guess there is some there.
I was feeding Tabs halfway through a bottle then i started at the end and today i was doing it before a bottle ...then she only had an ounce the cheeky moo! and was demanding more food lol! not sure on answer for this but i read somewhere to gradually build it up around your mealtimes and at diff time to bottle.
Go with what he seems happy with and make sure gluten free xxxxx
Nightynight off to bed now as BF tutting at me :hissy:

That was the other thing, the rusks Ive been giving him are 4-6 months but have gluten in.... is that ok?

xxx

Hv the other day said stay away from gluten until 6 months old....she actually said at the time there is one type of rusk out there which is gluten free but i dont want to do rusks yet so didnt take any notice which it was :blush:
She just said the gluten can really upset their tummys as they cant process ityet or something.....not sure how true though as what did they do when we were little? im sure i was eating rusks on my day of birth...well you know what i mean.

Yer I do, thanks :) Ill switch to the gluten free ones to be on the safe side

xxx

hey linzi

i give tommy rusks i give him half a one with some of his milk to get it all mashed up..ive found that if i give tommy his rusk first he wont have his bottle andjust wants more so i now giving him most of his bottle,...leaving an oz then food and then the last oz to wash it all down with...

i give him food at 10 oclock feed and then just a bottle and then food again at tea time..the heinz baby porridge he seems to love..the one in a jar with a purple label

h x

Thanks for the advice :)

I was talking to my friend today and her girl is only taking a spoonful of baby rice, whereas today Seth had 1/4 of a rusk with 2oz milk followed by an 8oz bottle of formula. He didn't sick any up and was hungry again about 2 hours later.

Ive never been more confused :(

xxx

he may be just a hungry monkey...lol

the rusk is hardly anything chick...the doc told me to try tommy with that twice a day with a bottle only in between so i did 7 am bottle only 9 or 10 bottle followed by feed, 12 bottle only 3pm bottle and then food...i did tht for the first week and then the second week i introduced a third meal (well a couple of spoons of apple and rasberry rice) tommy is tending to just want the food though if i give him the food first and the bottle last he just plays with the bottle...so now i give him the bottle less an oz food and then the oz to wash it down with...next week im going to do some veggies and mash for him, just slowly increase it as he seems satisfied with what hes having..if he was still hungry though id give him some more..just go with what you think, if seth took the 1/4 rusk and his 8 oz bottle, try giving him half a rusk..if hes not hungry he wont eat it...

h x

Thanks for the advice :)

I was talking to my friend today and her girl is only taking a spoonful of baby rice, whereas today Seth had 1/4 of a rusk with 2oz milk followed by an 8oz bottle of formula. He didn't sick any up and was hungry again about 2 hours later.

Ive never been more confused :(

xxx
All babies are different and will take different amounts initially depending how ready they are for it.....just go on what Seth looks comfortable with....he will soon let you know. Tabs is liking most of the foods apart from the carrots....she will spit out and spit out and pull really funny faces....but if its something she likes not even a bit will come out of her mouth....thats how i know she has lost the tongue reflex thing.
She also now gets really excited when she sees her bowls and food hehe she flaps her arms everywhere and arches her head up and makes funny happy noises.
Just go on what you feel is right and stick to the bland stuff for a lil while.

how's he going with it linzi? sounds like your doing a great job :) i'm so looking forward to maddi starting and so not, if you no what i mean. i'm just waiting for her to let me no when :) well done honey and well done seth :)
great advice girls - gave me lots to think about when it comes to it :hugs:

He has tried a few different things now, but he does seem to have an appetite on him, although can't reall expect anything else as we are his parents! lol we both love food.

Today he ate half a jar of cottage pie :| seemed like a lot but I guess he was hungry, then had a full milk feed again about an hour afterwards.

He's not spitting anything out and seems to have got used to taking off the spoon. He's been fantastic with it.

xxx

He has tried a few different things now, but he does seem to have an appetite on him, although can't reall expect anything else as we are his parents! lol we both love food.

Today he ate half a jar of cottage pie :| seemed like a lot but I guess he was hungry, then had a full milk feed again about an hour afterwards.

He's not spitting anything out and seems to have got used to taking off the spoon. He's been fantastic with it.

xxx

Sounds like it is going really well,welldone Seth! He'll eat you out of house and home in no time! lol

Was he ok with the meat in the cottage pie? i mean any effects? i wasnt sure about starting tabs on the meat yet but all some of the jars have it in on the level 1 stage so not sure.

I tried him on the cottage pie jar that said from 4 months so I guess its ok? I checked it was gluten free and everything. It didnt have any bad effect on him but he was a bit confused about the taste lol

Off topic but Im in your neck of the woods next week lol

xxx

Few piccys that I thought were quite funny. Turns out he doesn't like carrotts and sweetcorn...

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/linzis/19102008.jpg

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/linzis/19102008001.jpg

But he DOES like apple and banana pudding

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/linzis/21102008.jpg

xxx

Hehe thats the same face Tabs pulls at carrot....you would think being quite sweet they would like it!
Great pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->