Dehydrated?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Bit of an odd one girls ...

Everytime i have a nap in the daytime recently i wake up feeling horribly dehydrated, dry mouth and a little bit headachey and takes me a couple of hours to shake it off. Doesnt happen at night when i go to bed properly though?? How odd?

Had this happened to anyone else or anyone know why it keeps happening? Although im needing naps its starting to put me off because it makes me feel like poo when i wake up :hissy:

I think it's probably because they air is less hydrated during the day due to the daylight?

Ya I get like that if I sleep too much... I am trying not to sleep as much in the day now.

dunno if its the same thing but i usually felt like this in the last few months of pregnancy

:hugs:

only way i didnt feel like this is if i just went to bed a hour or so earlier instead the nap

I have been getting increasingly thirsty during the day...
napping can also make u feel a bit groggy but I'm sure its nothing to worry about.. just annoying!

I get like this I was up at 2.30am and had a drink of cherryade night before last and 4am this morning... So annoying then I get up to wee :(

Your metabolism is probably different in the day too. Your body is used to slowing down at night and not needing to drink through the night, maybe your body is still busy even though you've gone to sleep? I echo the suggestion to ahve a little drink before you sleep.

i def feel thirstier this last week or so hon, make sure your getting plenty of fluids throughout the day it might help xxx

I've been feeling more thirsty, needing naps more and feeling a bit dehydrated more easily this past week too. But I think it is normal as now our babies are putting on weight quite fast. We must make sure we drink more and rest when we can.

ive noticed im drinking alot more lately and in the night i wake up just for a drink now which is new to me!! ive never done that before unless drunk :)

try keeping a humidifier on and have some fresh lemon juice half an hour before you sleep.

I've always been like this, even before I got pregnant. I drink before I go to sleep and keep a bowl of grapes if I have any around by my bed if I know I'm going to nap for a while. They have loads of water and they just help me feel better when I first wake up...who knows? haah

This always happens to me when i go for a nap even when i wasnt pregnant!! Never known why it happens though..!

i get this when i nap. i also get a horrid taste in my mouth. i find brushing my teethbefore a nap helps as my mouth doesnt seem to be as dry when i wake up after donig this.

All i know is when i was pregnant i drank like a fish i was soooo thirsty all the time..have no idea why

It might be what your drinking, if its fizzy juice or hot drinks i was told with my first LO that these can sometimes make you thirstier, squash and just plain water was best to quench a thirst!

Yeah im the same. If i nap during the day I wake up realy thirty and feeling so rubbish.
Make sure you are drinking lots and lots though because you definatly want to avoid becoming dehydrated. I had it ealier on in my pregnancy and its not nice at all.
xx

Well lately ive been drinking lots of ice cold water, i seem to have gone off fizzies or juices but it doesnt seem to have changed much.

Im drinking quite a lot of water and during the day, i can tell im quite hydrated because of my wee colour but when ive been asleep its that horrid straw colour.

You can win can you, as quick as you want to drink it you need to go to the loo again lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->