Delivering the placenta...?

Mine came very quickly too, but on the other hand it was easy and i had a 2pounder baby. So everyone must be different?

After delivering a 9lb baby the placenta actually felt quite nice..A big warm thing being pulled out (no shoulders makes a difference lol) I have no idea what is in the injecion but I 'think' it came very quickly after she gave it to me

Did your stomach deflate or were you still pretty plump and swollen?

this is good question about the stomach, ive been wondering the same:shrug:

my tummy was still abit inflated for a couple of days after but when i was breastfeeding it seemed to go down and I could feel it contract as I was breastfeeding and it went RIGHT down after about 2 weeks :happydance:

Yeah I'm breastfeeding- and I'm back in my size 10 jeans within 2 weeks! Chuffed!

I cant remember the details!!

I know they gave me a injection in my leg to help deliver it and the midwife slowly pulled it out ......it kinda felt like a tampon being pulled out!?! :blush: didnt take long at all!

But after you've just pushed a baby out - it'll be nothing! and you'll be so wrapped up with lo :thumbup:

Mine felt the same, i had an epidural but felt the "tugging" when the mw pulled it out xx

pretty much how i thought it might feel then.
i was however a little disturbed not so long ago, a friend came to visit with her baby a few months ago, the baby was 5months old, but her stomach looked well into being 7 months pregnant(pretty much as i now look), i was really shocked, i was expecting to see a bit of extra tummy, but not quite 7 months worth, im hoping i dont end up with that much!(shes a normal size 12-14 everywhere else)

In my experience, 5 months after the LO is born I looked pre-pregnancy again. I don't think its typical to still look pregnant after so long unless there is some other complication. After my mom had my brother she still looked pregnant for months, it turned out it was a large cyst. Breast feeding does help your uterus shrink quicker. You can feel it contract while feeding.

This is a good thread thanks! I really want to deliver my placenta naturally but I'm worried that I'll be too tired or my MW will push me to have the jab. I'm going for home water birth as well and am don't know if that affects anything.

This is a good thread thanks! I really want to deliver my placenta naturally but I'm worried that I'll be too tired or my MW will push me to have the jab. I'm going for home water birth as well and am don't know if that affects anything.

Me too. :thumbup: I think most ladies who've had waterbiths have tended to stand up to deliver the placenta but I don't know if that's necessary. You can still have the injection and stay in the water if you choose to. I don't think your CAN be too tired to deliver the placenta, it's really not much of anything after delivery of the baby is over. You don't keep having those huge awful contractions once the baby is out - or at least I certainly didn't. I don't actually remember ANY contractions after he was born.

First time, the placenta did not come away on its own (even after injection, uterus massage, getting the baby to feed etc) and had to be removed in theatre. this time after being given the injection, it took 13 minutes.

Wow thanks for all the great responses! I've decided to purchase a belly bandit to help with tummy swelling after the baby (around $50) is born. I think I may just opt for the shot hoping that it will speed things up. I'm wondering about this sensation of your guts falling out is like haha. Thanks ladies :)

Does anyone who opted for a c section have any information...I know it's a lot easier but what do you feel and such...

Wow thanks for all the great responses! I've decided to purchase a belly bandit to help with tummy swelling after the baby (around $50) is born. I think I may just opt for the shot hoping that it will speed things up. I'm wondering about this sensation of your guts falling out is like haha. Thanks ladies :)

Does anyone who opted for a c section have any information...I know it's a lot easier but what do you feel and such...

The hospital will probably give you these. I bought one at Target and also got one at the hospital. They're tighter..and free! Couldn't hurt to ask if they'll give you one...or two.

I'm having a home birth and I wrote in my birth plan that I wish not to have the shot and just wait for the placenta to come on it's own.
I also want to breastfeed asap, that'll help with the delivery of the placenta too.

I can't remember how it felt, I just remember staring at it coz it was so weird looking! lol. But as I was haemorrhaging I had to have the injection so it was all over pretty quickly x

I had a physiological 3rd stage with DS. No injection. I delivered the placenta 10 mins after DS was born and it was completely painless.

xx

The hospital will probably give you these. I bought one at Target and also got one at the hospital. They're tighter..and free! Couldn't hurt to ask if they'll give you one...or two.

They give you these? When I go on my hospital tour would it be weird to inquire about this? If I can save the $50 and put it towards something else I'd much rather do that. Thanks so much for that tip! :flower:

The injection is just to get your body to push out the plecenta because by that point you'll be too tired to push for another while.

I never had an injection with my daughter delivered it naturally 15 minutes after she was born. felt kind of gross worst then a baby because it was just like plop its out kind of thing

I have no clue when my placenta came out nor do I remember getting a shot... didn't feel anything thanks to my lovely epidural!

So how long are you actually in the delivery room (from the baby actually coming out) to being able to visit with family (assuming you want to do so as soon as possible)?

So how long are you actually in the delivery room (from the baby actually coming out) to being able to visit with family (assuming you want to do so as soon as possible)?

10-15 minutes for me, I had visitors in the delivery room itself and then after a bit got moved to a regular room. They had to stitch me up and I guess deliver the placenta, but it was quick. It took a few minutes to check and clean baby so I got fixed up while that was happening. :)

I was about a half hour , she was born at 1:50am and people were in seeing her by 2:20am

What is the benefit to delivering the placenta naturally and avoiding the shot? Also, why would you want to wait until the cord stops pulsing? Sorry if those are silly questions, just didn't know there was that much to the placenta coming out. Just kind of figured you gave a few pushes when the nurse told you to and out came placenta. I would like to donate the cord blood and am not sure if that dictates how they want it delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->