Depo, devastated to learn the truth.

Chuckle

Reaction score
Hello there my lovely ladies.
I'm probably jumping the gun here a little bit but I don't really know what else to do.
I am currently on my second shot of depo and I'm due for my third on April the 14 which I will defiantly not be getting.
At the beginning of this month me and my partner had some very devastating news. Due to an ongoing health problem my ovaries have deteriorated at a rapid rate with the possibility of not being able to have children within the next year. This of course put a lot of strain on us but after a big discussion we have decided we both want children even if it is a little earlier than expected.
So. I begin reading up on depo and how long it may take to get out of my system (my assumption was not long as I've only had two shots and I'm young and healthy) but no, of course not! Can take up to 10 months just to get AF back.
So I have a few questions for you all, just before my second shot in January, I had a bleed that felt like AF, be it light, it was still there. But I never bled up until that point whilst on depo and I haven't bled since.
Im also worried about these cramps I keep getting, my depo hasn't technically wore off yet so it can't be withdrawal already can it?
Any help would be much appreciated as well as any success stories to keep our hopes up.
Wish I had never had this aweful shot now.

It can take 4 months to a year to get cycles back depending on the individual , for me I got one shot and it took years to have cycles again and even then my cycles were not regular turns out I had PCOS though. So did your doctor diagnose you with premature ovarian failure and how did he come to this diagnosis?. as long as your not ovulating your not losing eggs but our egg quality does reduce with age, however there are supplements that can improve egg quality it takes 3 months to make a difference though.

I don't know anything about depo shots but what about doing a cleanse and ramping up vitamins? Can try to boost the process along! GL!

No experience with depo but wondering if clomid might be an option to get you ovulating again? Very sorry to hear about your time frame. There is also egg freezing - it is expensive (around $10K I think) but may be something to consider if you think you'll want more than 1 child.

There are also herbal supplements and vitamins like vitex, maca root, myo-inositol and B6 that can promote ovulation. CoQ10 is good for egg and sperm quality.

Best of luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"