Depression and anxiety

I'm sorry you are feeling so stressed. Do you have any hobbies? Anything that can take your mind off things, help you relax. I find that the gym really helps.

I don't really have any hobbies that help. I love to be outside but it has been cold here. I like to read but I'm out of books at the moment. I babysit 3 times a week and I can't go anywhere. Currently this is my hobby so I can talk to people and not feel alone. My dh works long hours and is usually pretty tired when he comes home. I am unemployed right now and my friends all work. I'm just trying to keep my chin up. I've been really stressed but I feel like I'm coping well. I am going for bloodwork to find out what's up with my cycles and I'm really nervous about it. Just hoping it all turns out well.

since i have been pregnant i ave been sufferin from ocd thoughts thet were at first harmin my baby and harmin my unborn now they are harming other people and myself i dont think i can take any more of this i have been tote doctors to be refeered and still nothing i feel like im in this on my own and im never goi to get away from it it has taken over my life i cant bea mommy to my boy because i have te thoughts constonly and its rippin me apart my son is my life y am i feeling like this it has got that bad im not eating wen i know i should be for my babys shake has any1 else been like this trew pregnancy

I'm really sorry you are feeling like this. Big hug to you :hugs:

How long has it been since you went to the doctor? Could you ago again? Surely they must have urgent referals if you are feeling like this?

Imsotired - have you had your blood tests done? How are you feeling? :hugs:

Hey, I'm new to BnB and thought I'd pop my nose into this thread because I've suffered with depression since I was about 14. I've been on antidepressants and other medication since I was 16 but decided to go cold turkey on ALL of them last week because me and my husband decided that we were starting NTNP. Since coming off the meds I have been feeling quite dizzy and shaky at times but my mood has been pretty amazing so, so far so good :thumbup:

Hi Jess and welcome! :hi:

I'm sorry you are also suffering with depression. Glad to hear you are still feeling well after you've stopped! But are you supposed to stop them cold turkey? I have no idea how this works but maybe a gradual approach is more appropriate? Feel free to correct me! :thumbup:

How exciting that you are NTNP!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Thank you for the welcome happyface82! You are right in thinking that medication should be stopped very gradually, however I am extremely impatient and thought that the sooner it was all out of my system the better considering I'm NTNP. I saw my CPN yesterday and apparently abruptly stopping some of the meds I'm on could have caused seizures so I've escaped lucky really. However I would advise anyone else to talk to their doctor first about coming off medication and to do it properly. I've just been lucky I guess!

happyface- yes! I got my bloods done on sat and I got the results today. My thyroid and hormones are fine and I'm not preg- but I have ovulated! Which I'm happy about because I wasn't sure if I had. It's a load off of my shoulders to know that even though my cycles are messed up, I'm still producing eggs! I have also decided to go on a diet and begin taking vitamins. I'm feeling pretty good.

Jess- Welcome! Good job going off of your meds for your impending bundle of joy! I know how difficult it is. It sounds like you are having withdrawl from stopping your meds so promptly. I weened myself off but it was still a shock to my system and had some withdrawl. I hope your good mood continues and you can get your bfp soon!Good luck!

First off.. I hope this is allowed!

I've literally just published a book on overcoming depression, called 101 Distractions from Depression, Self-harm (and other Soul-destroyers) It's an eBook available on all Amazon Kindle stores (that's the link to the UK store, but you should be able to find it on the others too).

I suffered from depression for over 10 years, and I know how horribly crippling it can be. The idea behind each of the 101 distractions is exactly what others have already stated - its about taking your mind off things to allow you a bit of 'breathing space', which helps you appreciate that depression IS NOT permanent.

Anyway.. I could talk for hours on this so I won't bore you all. I just thought it was worth me mentioning the book because hopefully it can really help some of you.

If you'd like a bit more info, have a look at www.distractionsfromdepression.com

*big hugs*

Hi guys, I hope I can join you? I've been suffering on and off with depression since I was a teenager and with anxiety well since I can remember. I recently started back at university after a two year break and my anxiety has gotten really bad, to the point where I often throw up before class. I'm just so fed up with it now and physically and mentally exhausted from worrying constantly. I'm going for my first therapy session next week to talk about this and a few other issues not for this thread and I'm hoping it helps because I'm just fed up of myself now! Looking forward to talking to people going through so iPad things :)

Thank you for this. It looks really interesting. Will have a look! :thumbup:

Jess - I'm glad that you were lucky, but does this mean now. Did they put you back on some of them or are you ok to stop them and start NTNP? This is really exciting!

Imsotired - I'm glad you got good results - if you are ovulating then its matter of time!! So keep your chin up and it will happen, hopefully soon for you! :hugs:

Welcome Jellyt! I'm sorry you are having such problems and hoping therapy will help you find some ways to cope with your anxiety! Let us know how you get on! :hugs:

thelioncub- Thank you. I will read up on it perhaps.
jellyt- You are very welcome here. I know how very difficult it can be to find someone who really understands anxiety and depression. My own husband thinks I'm just crazy most of the time.Feel free to use this thread when you need it. I will always try to help.

Ugg, I am having a REALLY BAD day! I'm stressed out completely and having some AWFUL anxiety. I STILL haven't gotten af and it's driving me crazy. I can't stop crying and stressing! I can't call the doctor for 2 wks yet. How lame is my "2 week wait"? I have to wait 2 fricken weeks to call the doctor and tell them I still didn't get af!:cry: I can't wait until all of this garbage is over!!!!

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way! :nope:

Maybe plan something fun for the weekend to take your mind off it? I know you are probably not in the mood for fun but distracting your self is probably your best bet at the moment.

I'm sorry this is so difficult. Its not fair! :hugs:

Thanks happyface. I am just in an awful funk. I have a headache and haven't been sleeping well. It's all very strange. I just wish I were having normal cycles. Ugg. It's terrible. I'm hoping it's all over soon. I feel like I'm losing it!

Its a vicious cycle because stress doesn't help with periods as well. :nope:

I really really hope you feel better soon and get your af so you can move on! In the mean time I will be here whenever you want to let off some steam! :hugs:

Thanks again happyface. I know I sound terribly dramatic but I'm really torn up about it. I hope the doctor was right and I had ov'd and af should be coming soon. I'm just soooo emotional. That could certainly be an af sign but I don't have my usual key symptoms yet. It's nice to have someone to talk to though. Yesterday i was going nuts because I was alone all day and my problems were all I could think about. I even cleaned the whole house and that didn't get my mind off of it. I'm very desperate for af or a bfp, either one would take a TON of stress off of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->