Depression and anxiety

Well sound dramatic when we are feeling lost like this. That's the point of feeling crap I'm afraid. Plus you shouldn't worry about what you say on here as we have all been there more than often. I just wish there was something I could say or do to help! I'm in the UK so there is a big time difference as well, meaning when you posted I was sleeping! :dohh:

cd71 for me today and very irritable. Hoping it's a symptom of either af or bfp because I don't have any other symptoms today and it's worrying me. As usual I'm a nervous wreck.Hope you girls are doing well!

Merry Christmas everyone! Best of luck to you all!

Hey everyone! Hope you are doing well and had a great start to the new year!

Happy New Year to all! :happydance:

Sorry I've been away, I'm back in Greece for a couple of weeks and have been keeping myself busy!

How are you Imsotired? How are you feeling? Did af show? :hugs:

Yep happyface! I got af on the 21st finally my cd1 was 72 days after the beginning of my last cycle! I'm feeling pretty good. Never great, but good. A lot less stressed. I am excersising more and taking vitamins and trying to keep busy! Have a great holiday! Sounds like fun!

Hey everyone, how are you all doing?

I'm feeling pretty crap right now. A month ago I stopped taking my medication because me and my husband decided to TTC. Unfortunately I relapsed and I am back on medication and BCP because the tablets I'm on are not safe to take when pregnant. This means we have to put off TTC for I don't know how long and now I am totally gutted :cry:

Hey everyone, how are you all doing?

I'm feeling pretty crap right now. A month ago I stopped taking my medication because me and my husband decided to TTC. Unfortunately I relapsed and I am back on medication and BCP because the tablets I'm on are not safe to take when pregnant. This means we have to put off TTC for I don't know how long and now I am totally gutted :cry:

Im sorry Jess. Believe me, I know how hard it is to come off of your meds and stay off. I don't blame you for going back on them. It is HARD! I am tempted on a weekly basis to go to the medicine cabinet and sneak a few pills. Let the medication help you to get back to a better, happier place. The baby will be so much more worth it when you are happy and balanced. Hopefully after you are feeling better your doctor can help you back off of them and you can start ttc again. I'm sorry you feel so badly.

I am feeling pretty stressed myself because I got a +opk on sunday and I supposedly oved. But today my temp dipped? TTC is so confusing and it has definately added a bit to my depression and anxiety. It is far from easy.

Hey guys

I started getting anxiety attacks about 16 months ago which were just awful, then I got depression. I started seeing a counsellor straight away and she is just wonderful and I am on 20mg Citalopram.

It has been an extremely difficult journey, especially with still not getting pregnant on top of it all, but I am doing a lot better. I can't recommend seeing a counsellor enough, my OH has been a rock but I don't always want to dump everything on him so it's good to talk to someone who is trained and will listen to you and give you motivation to get through the difficult times.

We will be looking at ICSI with DE probably so that is going to be tough, even without suffering from anxiety and depression! The things we go through....

I'm having a bad time. I got af on Dec 21st after a 70 day cycle. It was very depressing to have such a long cycle. On sunday (cd19) I got a very positive opk. I don't think I'd ever been so happy in my life! So I thought I ov'd on Monday and dh and I happily bd'd the day before hoping for a bfp. Well my temp never rose so I didn't ov.:cry:I can't even begin to describe how upset this made me. As I'm typing this I want to cry my eyes out. Will I ever be a mother? I don't know. I admit that I haven't been trying all that long but is there something else going on with my body that I can't even ovulate like a normal person? I'm hoping that I can move past this quickly and not dwell because the last thing I want is to fall into a deep and scary depression. Anxiety is one thing...sure it's unhealthy and seriously alters my day to day life but it is usually managable (aside from the fact that it only adds to the depression). The depression makes me feel useless and like my life isn't worth living. It's scary and I don't want to feel like that. I don't want meds either. I just want a baby. That's all I've ever wanted. It really just helps actually typing this out...like theraputic. I hope that my body can get with the program and cycle normally/ovulate normally. It would take a great deal of stress out of my life.

Welcome heavenly! :flower:

Imsotired i'm sure you ovulated if the OPK came up positive? I thought there are no false positives? :shrug: About your temperature, are you taking it first thing in the morning and always at the same time?

happyface- yes I am temping at 6am each morning. There are false opks because it 'predicts' when your body is about to release an egg. However, sometimes your body, at the last minute, fails to relase the egg and therefore you don't ovulate. It happens to a lot of women apparently. I'm just very upset because I was hoping my body was becoming more regular. Unfortunately that is not the case. I am about to go and take another opk because I had a bit of wet/ewcm this morning so my body may try to ov again sometime within the next few days. I hope this time it succeeds. Thats for listening and keep your fx'd for me please!

Hi, I never noticed this forum before but decided to look around to ask a couple questions for depression/anxiety sufferers.

I hope it's not too personal a question. I'm just trying to figure my own things out. So:

1) Is your anxiety/depression attributed to your past? Abuse or trauma or you are just unfortunately naturally feeling this way?

2) What the hell does "sitting with your emotions" even mean? (for those of you who have done that)

I was diagnosed with a severe case of postpartum anxiety and a mild case of PND. Over the last 10 months, I've been in therapy and at one point my therapist asked if I have tried just sitting with my emotions. I think she tried to explain it but my mind keeps blanking out so I don't know if she actually answered.

The last few weeks my anxiety has gotten worse and worse. Mainly my throat gets so tight I can barely eat and it feels like I'm being choked. I'm trying to use the Sedona Method to work on this, and it also asks if I can allow myself to just sit with my feelings.

But this phrase just makes me really confused. It's not like I can escape the lump in my throat and the feeling that I want to cry and never stop. If I can cry, I would, but I just can't get myself past a certain point.

My depression is just something that happened. I don't think it had anything to do trauma as I had a great childhood. I think it just came with age and learning that life isn't quite as peachy as I thought it was. I think heredity may have something to do with it also. Though I'm not sure if there is an study to back that up. It's my opinion I suppose.

I have never heard of anyone ever say 'sitting with your emotions'. Perhaps it's just an expression therapists use. I have never been to therepy or tried any methods. I just took medication.

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope that you can get the help you need. I know how difficult it can be.

Thanks ImSoTired. The psychiatrist and therapist both think my PNA and PND are triggered by childhood abuses. This is why I decided to not take long term meds, as by the time I got off the waiting list, I was managing; the psychiatrist thinks with my past the anxiety will come back whenever I stop meds, so I decided there's no point in procrastinating in fixing this if I'm functioning.

The sitting with my emotions was based on how I can't feel anything about the past issues, but the lump in my throat has been with me constantly. So maybe it only applies when it's dealing with specific situations? I dunno.

I feel bad that you have your depression, but your answer sort of made me feel better. Somehow I feel that my past means definite doom for the rest of my life and I've never let it define me til now.

Thanks ImSoTired. The psychiatrist and therapist both think my PNA and PND are triggered by childhood abuses. This is why I decided to not take long term meds, as by the time I got off the waiting list, I was managing; the psychiatrist thinks with my past the anxiety will come back whenever I stop meds, so I decided there's no point in procrastinating in fixing this if I'm functioning.

The sitting with my emotions was based on how I can't feel anything about the past issues, but the lump in my throat has been with me constantly. So maybe it only applies when it's dealing with specific situations? I dunno.

I feel bad that you have your depression, but your answer sort of made me feel better. Somehow I feel that my past means definite doom for the rest of my life and I've never let it define me til now.

My depression and anxiety has definately returned since coming off of the meds and I had a terrible withdrawl. I have since gotten over it but I still have a bad feeling once in a while. I go through stages of feeling good and feeling really bad. These are the times the meds would do me well. I could see that having a difficult past would enable your depression to reoccur easily. When I get upset or stressed I begin to feel badly but it's usually only a few days. I brace myself for the day I feel like my life isn't worth living because I know it will come back, I just hope I will be prepared. I hope the therapist can give you the help you need. Good luck!

Thanks! I hope your depression and anxiety go away too and that you have more good days than bad.

Hoping everyone here is doing well. I'm trying to hold on to my sanity while ttc.

Having a bad couple of days and just hoping that I can pull through without getting depressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->