Depression and anxiety

I suppose I'm just having a rough week and it's getting me down. The good news is I finally had a nice normal cycle. However I'm still not pregnant and it is really bothering me the past few days. Feeling really low about myself. Not a lot of ambition.Yesterday af arrived and the cramps were so excruciating that I contemplated calling an ambulance. So now I'm not only dissapointed but afraid that there might be something wrong with me. I also believe I had a panic attack yesterday when I was in pain becasue I had numb and tingly hands which I've only had a few times, usually while having anxiety or panic attacks. Just afraid I will continue to get more upset and get depressed. I really don't want that.

I'm sorry you've had a rough week. If you were in so much pain though maybe you should contact your doctor and seek some advice. It doesn't sound very normal. :hugs: Its great that you had a normal cycle though!!! Something to be very relieved for!

I'm sorry you've had a rough week. If you were in so much pain though maybe you should contact your doctor and seek some advice. It doesn't sound very normal. :hugs: Its great that you had a normal cycle though!!! Something to be very relieved for!

Thanks. I did call the doctor and I have an ultrasound appt on Monday to check for cysts and stuff. Very scared.

Thats brilliant. Don't be scared. I've had cysts before. Its nothing serious. At least they'll check it and if there is anything wrong you can fix it! :hugs:

I hope so. It was just so painful I hope everything is ok in there.

Hello ladies. I hope you dont mind me joining you.

I have had anxiety for as long as i remember. It became a problem when i was 17 (about 8 years ago). I developed severe anxiety and Emetophobia. From them on its been a constant struggle. Ive been on a variety of medication and last year i managed to the combination right. I was taking Beta-blockers, Venlafaxine and Metoclopramide. Up until recently everything was perfect. Then i decided i wanted to actively try for a baby.

I was told to come of the anti-d's cos they are harmful to pregnancy so i did. Then had my implant removed. Then yesterday my anxiety/emet. came back with full force. I am severely suffereing. I cannot eat for fear of being sick, im scared to leave the house and im really struggling to cope.

There is no way im delaying pregnancy as ive wanted a baby all my life. If i dont do it now, then i never will. Im just rather concerned and fearful. I personally have done some research and found that its better to take medication during pregnancy as without it (when your suffereing) it can me worse.

Would love to hear your thoughts? I love to recieve PM's also so feel free.

Hi Ravenrose! I'm really sorry you are not doing so well without the medication. I have no idea how bad it is if you take them while pregnant. If you have done your research and you are comfortable with this decision then go for it. It is so hard when you have waited for so long to get the medication right in order to feel better and then you have to just stop it.

How does your partner feel?

:hugs:

Ravenrose. Any decision you make is the right one. You would never intentionally hurt your child but if you need to be on medication, you should. I would talk to your doctor and have him/her help you choose medication that would be most safe during pregnancy. There are some that are less harmful. And I have also heard that the stress caused by being off of the meds can be worse for your unborn child than the meds themselves. I hope that you can make the right choice for you and therefore have a happy and healthy pregnancy and child. I have times where I really think the meds would help but overall I am doing quite well and will wait as long as I can to resume taking them. I'm sure you know how difficult the stress of ttc is without the meds. The only other suggestion I have is therepy but you have difficulty leaving the house so it might not be your best option. I hope you can find something that will help you and make you feel better.

Im currently about to have some CBT for it but in the meantime i could do with some medication to help me manage it. I have done some research so am going to present my finding to the doctor and ask his opinion.

My OH isnt that keen on me being on medication again but he doesnt full understand what im going thru. He says i should do what i feel is best for me and our future baby.

Good luck. I hope that you can do what is best for you.

Could you try a low dose of medication to see if you are able to manage on that in combination with the CBT?

I used to suffer badly from both anxiety and depression and looking back on those dark times does upset me but im glad I got through it. At one point I couldnt leave my own house and I didnt think I would ever be able to make a trip into town again. Thankfully my anxiety is now at a limit but I do still get down from time to time :( If anyone wants to chat feel free to pm me :)

I used to suffer badly from both anxiety and depression and looking back on those dark times does upset me but im glad I got through it. At one point I couldnt leave my own house and I didnt think I would ever be able to make a trip into town again. Thankfully my anxiety is now at a limit but I do still get down from time to time :( If anyone wants to chat feel free to pm me :)

Congrats on feeling better! I am doing decent, not great. Nowhere near where I used to be. No depression in sight. :thumbup:

Thankyou :) And well done to you too! Glad your over the worst of it I know just how awful it can be

I am suffering from depression from last 2 years and I Looking for natural treatment.Guys please give me any natural tips curing for depression.

I am suffering from depression from last 2 years and I Looking for natural treatment.Guys please give me any natural tips curing for depression.

I don't have any natural 'cure' for depression. I know that therapy can do wonders but I find it embarassing and I know of some people who have tried accupunture which is a cure all apparently but the thought of that makes me anxious. Getting enough vitamins D and B among others are supposedly good for depression. Excersise, eating right, and sunlight. I feel like these are the most natural 'cures' for depression if you have a functional sort of depression. I know it can difficult to deal with depression but if it is seriously affecting your day to day life you need to consult your doctor. I have been on medication before and it wasn't ideal, however it was necessary and if I get back into a deep depression again I will not hesitate to contact my doctor for meds again because they may have saved my life. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help to you Demarcus.

Hi everyone! Thank goodness for this part of the forum! I don't feel so weird now!

I have suffered with anxiety and depression for the past 3 years, with bad panic attacks, and lots of suicidal thoughts. I was on meds for most of that but this last year I have come off the meds as we are hoping to TTC this summer but lately I have become feeling suicidal and down all over again. Trying to keep going! So proud of all you ladies going through this and know how you must be feeling!

I've noticed that exercise, eating right and drinking plenty of water helps a little bit, just need to figure out a way to stop the horrid thoughts! I get so scared that due to my anxiety I will be too stressed to get pregnant or I will be a terrible mum when the time comes and I really don't want to let my husband down - I've put him through so much already!

Thanks to you all for being so honest and open and hope we can keep in touch! x

Hi, I see noone has posted on here for about a week but I really need someone to talk to as my husband is away for the weekend. I suffer from depression and anxiety and am trying to lower my medication doses as we are ttc. I have been told by all the medical people i have seen that taking my meds should be fine while pregnant but to try to lower them at least for now. Under advice from my doctor, I am taking day 1 - full dose, day 2 - half dose, day 3 - half dose, day 4 - full dose etc etc. I've also just finished a course of CBT for social anxiety as I have trouble with any socal situation where there are people face to face.

However, I am feeling really down and lonely tonight and can't sleep so I just need someone to talk to for a bit before I try to get to sleep again. Is anyone around? I'm sorry if i'm babbling but I just don't know what to do with myself and was hoping to talk to someone who has been or is currently going through it too. I'm starting to spiral downwards so if anyone is around, please feel free to PM me x x

Stefanie, I'm very sorry that I wasn't around sooner and I'm sorry that you are feeling this way. I hope you are feeling ok today. I have anxiety issues off and on and I know what it is like to be VERY uncomfortable in social situations. I think that perhaps once your body gets used to the new medication schedule it may be a bit better. I am totally off my meds to ttc and I have had some hard times but I'm doing ok now. Don't hesitate to post here or PM me if you need to rant or express your worries. I know it usually makes me feel a little better just to talk about it. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->