Depression and anxiety

Thanks ImSoTired, I was having a really bad evening but I'm feeling a little better today. I was supposed to see my best friend today but she cancelled on me which didn't help but I've been spring cleaning today to try to keep my mind off it - my flat has never been so clean lol x

Thanks ImSoTired, I was having a really bad evening but I'm feeling a little better today. I was supposed to see my best friend today but she cancelled on me which didn't help but I've been spring cleaning today to try to keep my mind off it - my flat has never been so clean lol x

lol, I'm the same way! I clean to try and make myself feel better or feel worth while. It's also good because that's how I know the depression isn't too bad because if it were I wouldn't be feeling that ambitious. I'm having some anxiety issues lately because since I've stopped taking birth control I've been breaking out with acne and it's hard to go out into public so it's aggravating my anxiety quite a bit. Overall, however, I am in good spirits. I have lost quite a bit of weight and people are starting to notice:thumbup:. It's the little things. I hope you continue to feel better!

lol, I'm the same way! I clean to try and make myself feel better or feel worth while. It's also good because that's how I know the depression isn't too bad because if it were I wouldn't be feeling that ambitious. I'm having some anxiety issues lately because since I've stopped taking birth control I've been breaking out with acne and it's hard to go out into public so it's aggravating my anxiety quite a bit. Overall, however, I am in good spirits. I have lost quite a bit of weight and people are starting to notice:thumbup:. It's the little things. I hope you continue to feel better!

I know just how you feel, I've broken out too since stopping BC. I wish I could lose some weight, it seems every time I start I have a bad few days with my depression and it all goes backwards and the weight goes back on. So at the moment I'm just trying to concentrate on eating healthier so i am putting in effort to try to make sure I eat my 5 fruit and veg a day and drinking enough water, some days are definitely harder than others x

I suggest you excersise just a few times a week or even when your anxiety starts to act up. It doesn't have to be anything crazy. You could even just run up and down the steps a few times and then sit down and let your heart slow back down. The endorphins do wonders for me! There's no way I can bring myself to go to a gym as I am too self concious. I actually bought a treadmill and it's fantastic!

We actually have an exercise bike but its getting the motivation to do it. I'm trying to do it when I can for approx 10 mins at a time, then I will slowly increase it.

Just found this thread now. I have struggled with depression since I was 16 years old, so almost 12 years now. Somehow I have found a way to be "successful" but at the end of the day I feel like a fraud, like this is someone else's life. I took meds up until the age of 19, but they made me feel numb, and while I didn't cry the way I did when I wasn't on meds, instead I was just cold and never cried at all. For the past 8 years I have tried to battle the depression with diet and exercise, as well as trying to keep myself from situations that throw me down that path. It worked pretty well for a couple of years with a couple of periods of time where I would slip, but by 22 I was really starting to struggle with it again on quite a regular basis. It would keep me in bed for days. When I finally landed my dream job 2 years ago, I had my longest stretch without a bout of the depression and suicidal thoughts that I had had since I was 16; I was happy and positive about life for about 8 months straight. Well in the last year or so, things have started to really take a turn for the worse. I am having more down days than up days, and my OB told me to monitor my mood because I am now pregnant. Unfortunately I am unhappy far more than I am happy, pretty much daily or every other day I feel terrible about my life. I told who I thought was a close friend that I was having suicidal thoughts and I was pretty scared and feeling messed up. Her answer was that I have an obligation to my child now and I better snap out of it and stop being so f*****g selfish and hasn't spoken to me since. I already feel poorly enough about myself and my situation and helpless as to what to do since I can't work out hard the way I used to due to the baby. I go for walks and jogs and do yoga as much as possible, but it doesn't seem to help because I am so used to doing exhausting workouts to help me sleep. I have stayed home from work twice this week due to terrible migraine headaches which I believe are being triggered by stress. My OH and I have been having problems a lot lately due to many factors, his ex being one of the major ones. I'm about at the end of my rope these days and my brain has a way of making me believe there is nothing good left in my life. I feel like I am failing my baby by being so down and depressed, and I feel unable to enjoy my pregnancy the way I wanted to and the way I thought I would. No one seems to understand what I'm going through and the solutions are all things I am already doing... I don't really know what else I am expecting from here, maybe just a support unit of people who maybe understand where I am coming from....

I'm so sorry you are feeling so rough :( and I'm even more sorry your so called friend is not a true friend. Even though I have to say people don't get depression unless they've been through it. :shrug:

I'm not really sure what to suggest other than taking it one day at the time. Your hormones are all over the place and having problems with your OH certainly doesn't help. Could you maybe try getting some counselling to help you get out of this rough patch? It sounds like you are very very responsible and its amazing how you have found ways to help you self instead of just taking meds -not saying the people who take meds are doing a bad thing- just trying to point out the fact that not everything is so bad even if your mind is telling you they are and you will get through this as you seem really really strong!

:hugs:

Thanks so much for the reply. And yes, I have found out time and time again that people who have never had depression think it is just something you "snap out of". It makes it a little harder on me to feel I am pretty much alone in my circle of friends. I go to counselling on a pretty regular basis, either weekly or bi-weekly. It usually helps for that day and maybe the day after, but I quickly slip back into the feeling of sorrow I carry around. I definitely am not a fan of the problems OH and I are having. They are getting pretty severe and they are harder and harder for us to work out, I feel like a lot of my concerns fall on deaf ears. He says he understands but does the same thing every time and just brushes them off. My best friend reminded me of the definition of insanity today: "continuing to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results", and I have been absolutely insane over the last year according to that. I have voiced my concerns a million times and told him if things don't change that I will be forced to leave because the stress is killing me, but yet he hasn't changed and I haven't left.

Hi TFSGirl, I just wanted to let you know you to know if you want someone to talk to you can always message me. I have only been suffering from this for roughly a year or so, so not as long as you but I know a little of how you feel. I have been trying to cut down my meds as we are ttc but i did it too quickly and had a big setback so am starting again from my regular dose.
I have to agree that this person doesn't sound much like a friend, I hate it when people think depression and anxiety sufferers can just 'snap out of it'. If it was really that easy don't they think we would have done it by now!

Hi TSFgirl. Let me just say that I have only been dealing with depression and anxiety for 6 years so only about half as long as you have. That is truly a long time and you have to have been strong to get to where you are now. I know how hard it is to have friends and family who don't understand depression. My DH doesn't even understand. I'm not surprised at your friends behavior but I am sorry that the person you chose to tell didn't understand:hugs:.

It seems to me that you are doing everything in your power to try to feel better. The therapy, the excersise, etc. I understand that you don't want to take any meds, especially being pregnant. So unfortunately my only advice is talk it out whenever you can. Talk to your therapist, someone you know will understand your feelings, or one of us here. I'm so sorry that your OH is being so difficult and adding to you insecurities. All you can do is keep trying to get through to him and try and make the right decision for yourself on whether to stay or leave. It must really be hard on you at a time like this.

I certainly don't think you are being selfish about how you feel. You can't help it at all. I think you are doing a great job trying your best to be strong for your child. Keep it up, take a deep breath. I wish you the best and I hope that you can get out of this funk soon. :hugs: So sorry.

Hey StefanieC and Happyface! Hope you are both doing well.

As for me I finally got my bfp and I am so grateful. I do have to say though that my anxiety has gone absolutely crazy. I am constantly worrying about this baby. I always feel as though I'm doing something wrong and that I'm gonna lose the baby. I cannot stop stressing and it is driving me crazy. I can only hope that I get over it and that baby is healthy and growing in there. It's so scary:cry:

My head is a mess right now! I've not had a period in 5 months...I'm not on birth control of any kind, the last time I was, was for a week over two years ago. I'm supposed to take anti-depressants but I'm paranoid that I could be pregnant and ruin the baby even though all I get is negatives every month. And surprise surprise, it takes forever to get the doctors to listen to me...I'm on the sick and my body is aching! Tomorrow I have to talk to my depression doctor, and maybe she'll refer me to the baby doctor (I have 2 doctors) for a blood test.
The good part of today was meeting my estranged step sister.

My head is a mess right now! I've not had a period in 5 months...I'm not on birth control of any kind, the last time I was, was for a week over two years ago. I'm supposed to take anti-depressants but I'm paranoid that I could be pregnant and ruin the baby even though all I get is negatives every month. And surprise surprise, it takes forever to get the doctors to listen to me...I'm on the sick and my body is aching! Tomorrow I have to talk to my depression doctor, and maybe she'll refer me to the baby doctor (I have 2 doctors) for a blood test.
The good part of today was meeting my estranged step sister.

So sorry you are having such problems. I hope you can get in touch with your doctor soon and they can get you some answers. The key is not to tell them you are ttc. They are more likely to help you get your cycles on track than to help you ttc especially with depression issues. Hang in there. Hope you get the help you need soon.

Imsotired - OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! How did I miss that! I've been so busy lately!!!!

:happydance:

Imsotired - OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! How did I miss that! I've been so busy lately!!!!

:happydance:

Thanks. I don't know, haha! I've got to admitt though I'm a nervous wreck. I'm constantly thinking something is wrong. It's very scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->