Destination weddings with a 1 year old???

cherry22

mummy to 1 after 3 losses
Reaction score
Okay so after chatting about money, family (which we have no end of problems with):growlmad:, and where to get hitched, we have picked a wedding abroad BUT we have a 4 month old who will be just over a year when we go so now im stuck!!:wacko:
We first said vegas but then i dont think its good for a baby to go there (long flight, party, party, party!!):happydance:
Same goes with carrabian and the far east (long haul)!
so it leaves the med but im not sure where?? OH said he isnt keen on cyprus or greece basicly the med!
We want a beach wedding! There will only be 6 of us so very small (i will deal with the crap after) but it has to be baby friendly id love to go really far i just dont know how i would cope with my little man on a flight that long!!!!
Any advice would be fab!! x

Hummm, I would chat with the holiday reps if I were you!!!!

Remember to literally bath the baby in factor 50 if your thinking about doing it abroad!!! I think its a wonderful idea!!!

hi hun,

I am getting married in barbados, on the beach, in september and my LO will be 18 months.

i 2 was worried about the flight etc, but the family that is coming with us assured us that they would help with him.

i understand how u r worrying, there r a few destinations that the flights r not 2 long nowadays. i.e egypt, bulgaria, madeira,italy these r just a few.

like honeybee said, pop in and have a chat with your travel rep and see what best deals they can do for u x

I just got back early this morning from our destination wedding in Mexico with our 19 month old! It was amazing....but HARD! LOL. It depends a lot on your LO, mine can't sit still for 2 minutes....so it was constant entertaining. But i wouldn't change it for the world...it was perfect!!! And we had some grandparents and aunts along to help!!

i got married in Jamaica, and my friend went with her 8 month old, and 2 year old. My niece also came who was 20 months old

The kids were fine on the plane - and LOVED the holiday. The advantage was we were in a great all inclusive resort - the beach, pool, drinks, food, rooms were all on the complex, which made things easier if they needed to take kids back to room, or replace a spilt drink, or alternate between beach and pool to keep the kids happy for the day

We have just returned from a holiday to the Dom rep with our LO who was 19 months old - he had a fantastic time! and the plane journey was no where near as stressful as i thought!

We looked into getting married in a lot of places - and got some stick in the beginning for looking at the Caribbean. We thought we would look closer to home, however: spain - it is not legal (you can have a blessing, but not a marriage legally recognised) France - you have to be there 21 days in advance, Greece, you have to be there 8 days in advance

But the big factor in us going to the carribean was that you can not get marred in europe on a beach, it has to be in a municipal building - either a town hall or a church. This was not what we wanted! Plus - when we costed greece - it was going to be a fortune, as we would have to pay for a meal in a restaurant - hire the town hall etc. Whereas 38 guests paid £1k each to come to jamiaca, AI, no hassle!

Anyway, i know i am biased, but i say, dont let the plane journey of long haul put you off!

we have been looking at cyprus or malta but you cant get married on the beach. you can on grass near the beach but thats not the same! im now more relaxed about the idea thank you!!
Also the weddings in cyprus are going to cost around 3500 for the holiday aswell when you can get free weddings in some caribbean hotels!!! ohhhhhhh i dont know what to do!!!! now im thinking about thiland!!!!
Did you worry about the fact that you'd have to pack food for the bubs for 2 weeks!!! and have him on your lap the whole way there????

Not getting married or anything just like to nosey in here. Wanted to say your LO might really surprise you on the plane. Try and get flights which would be night time for him and he might sleep through, i've done this everytime we've gone away. The last time being a 9 hour flight to florida and he was excellent x

we have been looking at cyprus or malta but you cant get married on the beach. you can on grass near the beach but thats not the same! im now more relaxed about the idea thank you!!
Also the weddings in cyprus are going to cost around 3500 for the holiday aswell when you can get free weddings in some caribbean hotels!!! ohhhhhhh i dont know what to do!!!! now im thinking about thiland!!!!
Did you worry about the fact that you'd have to pack food for the bubs for 2 weeks!!! and have him on your lap the whole way there????

when we went to the Dom Rep, We didn't take any food - as Reuben has eaten what we have since he was 1, and by the time you go, you will not need to steralise etc. we took bottles, and got cartons of milk from the hotel so that was easy in that respect!

The flight was a bit of a pain, but he slept for some of the outbound, and most of the inbound (night flight) We just bought new toys, and gave them one at a time- just peppa pig crayons, fuzzy felts, flash cards, nothing too expensive! They also served as good things to keep him entertainted in the evenings, till he fell asleep, or on the odd day we had a bit of rain

It was sooooooooooo worth the flight though, just for the 'easiness' of how well carribean resorts cater for your needs. Like i said previously, you get a beach/pool/restauruants etc all in the complex, its easy!

https://www.babyandbump.com/bride-beyond/393037-wedding-abroad.html

if the above works - i have some wedding photos in there!

Just looked it worked it looks lovley!!!!!!!!
now im thinking caribbean!!!!!
iv been looking and thomson do FREE weddings!! How does that work???
It seems to good to be true!! the price of a 2 week allinclusive with wedding to cuba or jamica is about £3600 the same if not less then cyprus and you get more!!!! x

We went with Thomson, basically, they say it is a 'free' wedding, as all you really HAVE to pay for is the £150 legal fees. The hotel then put on the wedding, get the celebrant etc for you for free. However, if you want anything extra, it will cost. It cost us around about £700 for the day in terms of fees for flowers, steel band, hire of gazebo and champagne for the evening meal. We could have had much much more - a more elaborate flower package (i just had pink and white chrysanthemums) hire of a seperate hall for evening do (we had a meal in the steakhouse, then drinks in the normal lobby bar) but what we had was perfect as it was!

The whole holiday cost just over £1k per adult, we have been looking at going back for a 5 year reunion for about 20 of us, and have noticed that prices for the same hotel have gone up by more than 50%! We were lucky as when we went, there were 38 of us, and we got 1 in 12 places free - so £3k 'free' which we split between us all to make the holiday cheaper. The one child we had to pay for was only £575 for the 2 weeks, so a bargain!

Whatever you decide, i am sure you will make it great - its your day - we nearly made the mistake of compromising on what WE wanted to do, in case it didn't fit with what our parents/friends would think, in the end we realised it is us thats getting married, its our day and if we wanted the carribean, then thats what were were going to have! 3 years down the line, loads of us are still as enthusiastic about the 5 year reunion as we were on the last day of the holiday when we decided thats what we were going to do, everyone still talks about Jamaica, and best of all? - it was without a doubt exactly what me and hubby wanted, no fuss, no mither, just a wedding day to enjoy!

BTW - we got married at 12, had photos, lunch, and we were back in swim wear on the beach by 3! Then back in my wedding dress for our evening reception.!

get married in turkey, its absolutely stunnning and people are very nice :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->