Developmental disorders/learning disabilities/genetic syndromes & more support group

Debbie Downer Alert! :haha: So I have a bit of an off topic rant....... my brother is getting a divorce :( I absolutely love my SIL. She's great and it really sucks:( My brother is a prick. :nope: And on top of all that DDs walking is really "off" the last couple days. I don't know what to think of it really. She's dragging her toes like her feet are heavy and she's even more unsteady than usual. I'm a little worried. Is this just the CP? Or is something else causing her to get worse? She's eating sleeping and playing fairly normal and doesn't have a fever. I'm stumped ladies.

Essie: will it be possible to maintain a relationship with her? we still talk to dhs brothers ex wife, on a regular basis.

Yeah bumpin, I think so. She lives about 3 hrs away but keeps in touch. They have been married over 10 yrs :(. I hope we can continue to keep up with each other. I'm still a little angry at my brother but I suppose he has his reasons. Blah! I hate change :haha:

well I *think* we have some major changes coming our way - Got a faint :bfp: this morning!

good luck Essie! I'm testing with a Frer in the morning. I had a dollar store one that was a very faint line, so hopefully it's still 2 lines in the morning :)

yup - Definitely a bfp :happydance:

Attachments

• sept 2nd 13.jpg
    sept 2nd 13.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 0
Oh congratulations bumpin, our first group :bfp: :happydance: we should name ourselves - psycho mamas wanting more perhaps :rofl:

I am still waiting to ovulate. It's odd since my period stopped I've been having a lot of belly aches... maybe I just need to clear out my bowels :blush:

Sorry I've not been around much. Sean has started 2 weeks of night shifts so it's just me and T. Last night was our first night. Thomas had his first night terror at 8:30pm and wouldn't go back to sleep until 1am so I'm pretty tired. Sean woke a few hours ago (it's 4pm) so him and Thomas are watching Thomas the tank enginge upstairs whilst I've been cleaning. Off for a shower soon I feel all icky.

Not much going on here developmental wise, think I'll rename the thread 'developmental support and chat' so people don't get confused when they see us talking about :bfp:s and whatever happens in our lives :haha:

Also, would you ladies like me to keep a list on the front page? Something about us, our kids, how old they are, what they're behind in, if we're TTC, PG, WTT etc?

Like this;

sequeena - Thomas is 2, has Global Developmental Delay, glue ear and a hypoplastic thumb. Waiting for surgery. TTC#2

Sorry I've not been around much-been trying to enjoy the last few days before school starts again so we've been at the beach nearly every wakjng hour!!

Sequeena-yes that sounds like a good idea re the front page.

To those who were asking about Esther re schools etc-we are working on getting her statemented-once she goes back to Playschool this week her SenCo is going to start pushing for it as the lady who works in education that is linked to us and comes to TAC (Talk Around the Child) meetings suggested that its better to have it in place before we need to choose a school for her. Also the statement will help us to be pushed to the top of the list so that we fall into the top category.
Once she has her statement, in theory, it won't matter what school she attends as they will have to provide her with the stated help.

Congratulations on the positive pregnancy tests :) safe to say that I won't be joining in with you guys on that one lol.

sequeena: you can add us :) Gabriel is 1, with undiagnosed delay and preggo with #2

Hayley 18 months Global Developmental Delay and Diplegic Cerebral Palsy ;). Ntnp#2

Wow this thread has really gotten speedy! :haha:
B starts his first day of real school tomorrow. Full day (9:15-3:45) and he's only 3y9mo! He is right before the cutoff so will be the youngest. The cutoff is December here, so the youngest kids aren't 4 when they start. So that just adds to my stress about his readiness. His speech is already not as good as most 3yos - so when he's around 4.5yos the difference is even more obvious! So scared. Hopefully the school has lots of support. Wish us luck!

Hope B gets on ok at school Sun. He seems far too young to start-my son was 4years 1month when he started and I really feel he was too young-he didn't gave any delays.
Is there any support in place for B?

Sequeena-add Esther please. She's 3y (nearly 4) with a severe (can't spell that!) speech delay

Good luck to all the little ones starting pre-school/school this week :)

Meeting with J's keyperson this morning....see how she thinks yesterday went after the holidays and what the plan is for him for this term....

Front page info Jack, just turned 3 and speech delayed. No more babies for us either Rach

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->