Developmental disorders/learning disabilities/genetic syndromes & more support group

Rach we were advised to go for it because you never can tell what might happen, as they say plan for the worst and hope for the best...

Impressed wit the two footed jumping :) Quite a skill to land a two footer onto sand as well, even more to repeat it as it is a funny landing no hard no soft. I would be proud too :)

Funny story....Pickle did a whole day in pre-school today came home happy if a little stripy with blue paint :dohh: Saw another mum at school pick up who had the same colour pain on her....would seem my little man was decorating her :haha: They both thought it was very funny though and she said he was much chattier today with her than he was last term :cloud9: So proud of him, it islike a little switch has been flicked. Dreading the SLT seeing him as worry she wont see it.

Loving the improvements in all the little folk...well done mummies!

Moggy it's good he's liking school and making friends. And wtg kiddo for the improvement since last year :happydance:

yep. right of passage. Gabriel has split his chin so badly, he probably should have gone in for a stitch or 2...

Gabriel has decided hee needs to kiss everyone... regardless of whether or not they WANT to be kissed. he was at the sitters today, and kept trying to kiss her 19 month old ( who is a very non cuddly girl) she shoved him away repeatedly, but he wouldn't give up... poor monkey. shot down by his first love at 16 months...

Aww. That's so cute. Poor guy. Hope he's not too heartbroken ;)

DD planted a big random smooch on me today. :haha: cutest thing ever! Baby kisses are the best. Even if they are a little wet.

Ah poor Gabriel-at least he's young enough not to remember the rejection of his first love lol.
Toddler kisses are the best. Just dropped Esther off at Playschool and she planted a lovely big kiss on my lips-she's finally got the hang of proper kisses and not just opening her mouth and slobbering lol.

Lol. Awww how sweet of her. Hope she has a great day in playschool :)

I need to vent :cry: we had a letter from Welfare Rights last week saying someone was coming to see us this morning. I've had a rough night again with T trying to get him to sleep just so I could get some sleep myself (waking every 10 minutes, screaming etc.). Sean got home from his night shift and stayed up too. He's just rung them to be told we won't be seen today as the woman is off work and they didn't even know she was coming to see us.

Thanks a lot!! We're all tired and irritable :growlmad: They couldn't even tell us when we would be seen so we're taking the forms to citizens advice. FFS this has really upset me (but only because I'm so tired you know?)

:hugs: sorry hun. Sleep deprivation is horrible, but them just not showing up would annoy anyone. Mabey ask your DH to let you nap some today while he's home? I know it's hard to go to work on little sleep but it's hard to be a mum on little sleep to :hugs: Especially consecutive nights of no sleep. I hate it. Things always seem negative when you are sleep deprived.

:hugs: sorry hun. Sleep deprivation is horrible, but them just not showing up would annoy anyone. Mabey ask your DH to let you nap some today while he's home? I know it's hard to go to work on little sleep but it's hard to be a mum on little sleep to :hugs: Especially consecutive nights of no sleep. I hate it. Things always seem negative when you are sleep deprived.

I can't do that to him he works 12 hour night shifts :( so I just have to suck it up. I'm feeling run down though and have an ulcer in my mouth :(

Aww goodness:nope: Hun I know exactly how you feel. My DH is a postman during the day and delivers newspapers at night. It works out to about 12-14 hrs work a day. He's usually so beat that he can't help with sleep either. Hayley was up at 430 am today with teething pain (canine teeth have been such a nuisance) after going to bed at midnight. But it's not so bad so far. If she does this a few nights in a row I'll be ready to pull my hair out. :haha: Wish we lived closer, Id offer to watch the fast little monkey. This momma needs a good jog :haha: Hayley is fairly immobile so I don't get to run after her too much.

Oh sequeena, I would be furious, and not just because I was tired! That's so unprofessional to have an appointment set up, and they aren't even aware of it. Will he nap during the day? Maybe you can get a bit of sleep while he sleeps? :hugs:

Rach: Yay for the jumping! oh, and thanks for explaining the "statement" I was starting to get confused! Could she get her assessment for it and not use it if she doesn't need it when she goes to school? Might not be a bad thing to have in place if she does need it?

Sun: I hope the school is able to understand your little guy.

That's rubbish-frustrating even when you've gad a good nights sleep.

I would see if your OH can have T - even an hour would help you.

Bumpin: thanks-I was pretty impressed with her :)
That's no problem-thankfully all the people we have working with us are so good plus I have the friend with a daughter who's SEN so I've had a lot of people helping me out. Unless Esther improves dramatically in the next 2 months (her next assessment is the beginning of Nov) then we will push ahead for the statement. It'd be much better to have it in place and then her not need it.
Are you starting to feel the effects of being pregnant yet?

Not any of the bad ones :haha: Im tired, but Gabriel is probably mostly to blame for that. He's not a great sleeper most nights. Im STARVING these days, which is so unlike my last pregnancy. I feel like im eating constantly and im still hungry. I don't thinks its quite real yet, that Im going to have TWO kids next year!

:rofl: Thomas would really give you a run for your money. Since he got his glasses he's got so fast!

Thanks girls, I took T to the park (had a bit of fun then whinged) and to our local coffee shop. £4.65 for a massive tuna and mayo sandwich, salad and crisps (the bread was a wedge! So nice though), a banana and a glass bottle of coke. T had some squash and they didn't charge me for that :) Thank God it was in a plastic cup and he doesn't know what to do with that so he tried to suck from it like his beaker and it went all over him and the mock leather chair he was sat in :dohh: he ate some sandwich, refused the banana then whinged at me. Luckily they had a box of toys so he was distracted by those for a while.

The coffee shop is part of a new community church and I found out they have a free playgroup from 9-12 on a Thursday. I missed it today but we'll go next week. Hardly anywhere does free playgroups especially so close to home (I live on a mountain). I'll deal with the sleep deprivation for that!

T got home and ate 2 small bowls of grapes :dohh: I've stripped him because he was soaked from the squash and he's parked on my lap watching TV :blush:

Rach good luck with the statement xx bumpin yes you'll have 2 kids. EEK!!

Lol. I can tell he's fast from that video of him in the park :haha: I love that! I'm sure I would have to wear running shoes. And im sure I would be knackered (as y'all say) after just a few hours :haha: It sounds like you have had a lovely day out with him. Is he still getting really upset when he sees your DH leave? I'm lucky that DD is asleep when her papa leaves or I'm afraid I would have to peel her off him.

DD took another wee in her potty this morning :happydance: Our bathroom was freezing and I had to pee really bad myself. So I go packing DD in one arm, hurrying so she don't pee on me, and plugging up the space heater with the other. After a min of fumbling around I finally bent down to place DD on her potty and I'll be damned if I didn't pee my pants :rofl: I just love this post pregnancy bladder :dohh:

Bumpin :haha: that realization is a bit scary huh? TWO!

I'm suddenly terrified... Lol... I can do this, right?

You CAN do this :haha:
I was proper terrified because Alex had no idenpendance of any sort, could even feed herself or anything and was still vomiting at a huge rate :dohh:
Everything fits together, it just.....works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->