Developmental disorders/learning disabilities/genetic syndromes & more support group

:sick: I just sunk $3000 into private fees because the waitlist here is 18-24 months. Brutal. OH is transferring his job and we will be putting the house up for sale to move to another province with better support. This really sucks :cry:

Oh no aliss that's awful :( it's ridiculous how long things can take.

So Thomas has just dropped off. It's 1:30am. Yawn!! He did sleep 7-8pm but that was it.

:sick: I just sunk $3000 into private fees because the waitlist here is 18-24 months. Brutal. OH is transferring his job and we will be putting the house up for sale to move to another province with better support. This really sucks :cry:

So sorry you have to go through all that :( Where are you looking to move?

Yikes! Aliss, that's crazy! Where are you looking to go? Will you stay in Quebec?

Happy Birthday Esther!! :hugs:
B turns 4 in November and we're trying to plan a party but it's tough as he still doesn't really get them either. When we go to one, he just does his own thing and doesn't really do group activities or play with the other kids. He does like presents though!

They always like presents :haha:

Ah Sequeena I'm sorry you had a rough night :(

We're hoping for Alberta (wishful due to OH's job) as they provide $60k/year support until age 19 for children with autism, or if not that, then possibly Fredericton NB (maybe Saint John). B/C of OH's government job (he's the token Quebecois) we need to go wherever they require a bilingual guy.

I've been chatting with the New Brunswick Autism Mom's Group and they've given me a lot of great advice, it's hopeful, and housing is a lot cheaper. But still would love to go out west, I miss it. But housing is so expensive there now. I remember people moving to Calgary b/c it was cheap! lol! What happened?!?!

Bumpin - go Gabe! :happydance:

Happy birthday Esther! :happydance:

Aliss, that is tough - I hope you find a base that you want to live in and has all the accessible services you need :hugs: We are lucky in that our private health insurance through OH's job covers all our therapy and we receive a grant from his employer for any additional services which may be required in school. OH and I have an agreement that at least one of us needs to stay on a permanent contract in order to maintain this set-up (once upon a time we had dreams of building a house in Cape Town and both doing private consulting :dohh:). On the other hand where T's needs have really affected us is which countries we can live in given availability of quality services - we both work in the humanitarian/ development sector so much of where our work is in developing countries.

Omg aliss that is brutal :hugs: and a 2 yr wait for support is horrible :nope:

If they weren't covered DDs' therapy sessions would cost 1000$ a week! Its 200$ an hour and she has 5 hours of 1to1 therapy a week. I'm so very thankful we have this much support.

Sequeena would his pediatrician prescribe him melatonin drops if you rang them? His sleep patterns are more than disruptive. Hun I don't know how you do it all the time :hugs: Hayley has just had a rough night, one rough nite in ages, and im worn out.

Girls I'm going to have a whine. DD will not sleep anywhere but on me or DH. It started yesterday and has carried over into today. She has just cried and cried at me when I lay her down. I sorta think she is getting sick or something. No fever just really crabby baby, and that's not her style if everything is ok. We see the ENT tomorrow for follow up on the tubes so I will let him know. She doesn't have drainage from her ears so I can't tell if she has an infection or not. And I've strained my back with DD and doing some housework over the weekend. Ibuprofen is barely taking the edge off it and I'm sat on a heating pad trying to loosen it up :wacko: Ok whine over ;) I know all you ladies can relate. Lol, I told DH that it sucks when your favorite person to hang out with is under 3ft tall. It's a killer on your back :haha:

Oh and btw she's just Barely under 3ft tall. 35 inches tall at just shy of 20 months! I'm going to have to put a brick on this kids head :haha:

Whine away Essie! :kiss: Does sound like she is coming down with something - be interested to see what the ENT says. :shrug:

Oh poor Hartley hope she's back to her normal self soon.

i have news. Thomas is having his operation tomorrow morning. I found out an hour ago. I am so scared for him :(

There is a little boy in my mom's group who has Global Development Delay too and he always reminds me of Thomas!

Hayley! Oh man auto correct isa bitch.

Ah that's so sweetaliss, is he very happy too?

Hayley! Oh man auto correct isa bitch.

Ah that's so sweetaliss, is he very happy too?

He is such a doll, very sweet little boy. He has actually just moved away because his mother was finding it too hard here (she doesn't speak French), and having a child with special needs plus a delay?? It's too much, it really is. She was only 20 too. I hope they are happier closer to family. He was always smiling! :)

Aliss - Yes when we were looking into programs for GDD and autism we also saw that Alberta has loads of resources. We ended up staying in ON though as we also wanted the support of being close to family. In case you're considering moving to ON, the place just down from us is for sale lol. Our kiddos could hang out! :haha:

Oh poor Hartley hope she's back to her normal self soon.

i have news. Thomas is having his operation tomorrow morning. I found out an hour ago. I am so scared for him :(

Is this for his thumb?? Aww poor you just finding out :hugs: I know you have to be so scared and worried :hugs: Will be praying for him. He will be just fine. Give him cuddles and kisses from all his B&B buddies ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->