Developmental disorders/learning disabilities/genetic syndromes & more support group

Love the pic of Thomas! He looks like he's having a blast. Makes me smile.

We have a swallow study next Wed for Hayley. Her eating has improved greatly but she will still hold food in her mouth and forget about it then choke. Kind of worried about the test as they use xray to watch her food go down and I cant be in there. Afraid she wont eat what they offer her and that her dad wont be able to get her to eat either. Her drooling is pretty bad as well and she's starting to spit in frustration. That's pretty embarassing. Her mouth will get full and insted of swallowing she will just kind of blow it all out. :dohh: Telling her "No!" makes her laugh her lil tail off. So I basically just have to cover her mouth and say "Don't spit!" Hasn't helped much yet. She's a biter to. We curbed it with her chews for a while but she bit her dad twice this last week. One was severe enough to bruise and break the skin. Ouch!

Her walking has kind of stalled out and she's refusing to walk without holding my hand when she was taking some independant steps. Wondering if her braces are in need of adjustment. Ordered a bigger size shoe (8!) hoping the extra room will help. She's getting kinesiotape done every Friday on her tummy. It's helping to give her some feedback about her tummy muscles and she's picking her legs up higher. She was able to get her toe in her mouth :haha: She seemed so happy to get to nibble on them, like she had been wanting to forever.

Emy I hope you and Rory find a middle ground soon. I've been there with DD a few times and it's super tough. :hugs: When she's not feeling well she is a terror.

Not as of last week. Her movements still feel like she's transverse. We're going to be talking ECV on Tuesday as I will be 36 weeks. I'm also seeing my chiro, and doing the spinning babies suggestions... NOT READY as this stage...Lol.

Thomas does the same thing essie he thinks it's hilarious to let the drool out and it seems to be kicking up a notch too I guess I'll have to buy more bibs :(

Not as of last week. Her movements still feel like she's transverse. We're going to be talking ECV on Tuesday as I will be 36 weeks. I'm also seeing my chiro, and doing the spinning babies suggestions... NOT READY as this stage...Lol.

ECV? Is that where they try to turn her by hand. I've seen that before and well it looks kinda painful. So basically your standing on your head lots these days :haha: Stubborn lil miss. Really hope she turns soon and you don't need any interventions. Have you been able to do the pool thing yet. Does your hospital have a warm water therapy pool?

Thomas does the same thing essie he thinks it's hilarious to let the drool out and it seems to be kicking up a notch too I guess I'll have to buy more bibs :(

Hayley can get some distance with hers. Was at her nutritionist appointment and she spit out about 3ft across the ladys desk. :dohh: So embarassed, but kiddo doesn't understand. The lady was very nice about it thankfully. If her swallow study comes back with anything abnormal we will start a new feeding class with her OT. He thinks its mostly her awareness of what's in her mouth. That she cant feel things in there like we do. So we will have to do things to give her brain feedback about what's in her mouth.

Not been to the pool, I can't hold my breath underwater long enough to hold the position. No pool at the hospital either, but I am doing the inversion attempts for both transverse and breech babies... so not easy...

Egg is where they try and turn baby by hand. It's apparently 60-65% effective.

Lol. I kind of forget that at 36 weeks you don't have much lung room left:haha: And being upside down has to make that worse. C-cection if she doesn't turn?

Moggy, I'm not sure what that is...lol.

Essie, csection will be my only option if she doesn't turn, even beech would be better at this point, as there is a Dr here that is old school enough and well trained/experienced in breech births. But, clearly, I don't get the choice of how she's going to sit...lol... she's proving to be a stubborn lass, just like her brother (and parents, for that matter)

it is alternative therapy I think based on chinese medicine...my friend had a breech baby and didn't want ECV but tried moxibustion and successfully turned baby and had vaginal birth - he was a 10lb + baby too! Have a google and see if anyone near you does it?

I'm sure you've probably tried it but Rory was sitting funny and I did an awful lot of walking and he budged round in the end!

thanks ladies! at this point, im open to trying pretty much ANYTHING. I would really rather not have a Csection...

Oh, and I finally heard from Speech Therapy. Not only did they LOSE our paperwork, but when they called, the appointment that the offered me was May 13th... sigh. my flipping DUE DATE! Then she could fit him on May 7th...which is his birthday. I couldn't believe it. Finally, she 'found' him an appointment on Monday... I had to tell her that there was no way I could do appointments in May. That's just too close to my due date for comfort, and I didn't want to be dealing with cancelling appointments if the baby decides to make her entrance.

I hope you dont need a section, but if you do, read up on it. I have had three and there is still options to be a little in control, such as waiting for the baby exam and holding right away. You can still do a birth plan. I am sure its not the same as a vaginal, but I still found two births wonderful, even though one of those two were emergency. The other emergency one I was put under. And, I was in the pool swimming three weeks later, still breastfed. Try not to listen to horror stories. There are good ones out there. But, hopefully lo decides to cooperate!!

I'm only adverse to a section because of the recovery time. Were moving across the country shortly after she is born, with a toddler, 2 dogs and a cat. I just don't have the time for a comfy recovery...Lol. she has to come out somehow! I'm fairly relaxed with birth plans in general. I don't think there is ever a birth that goes according to plan, and when they really don't, I find people feel more disappointed and heartbroken over their birth experience.

You know, everyone is different, of course, but I was out shopping 2 days later with my sections. Within a week I was pretty good....three weeks...normal. But, you are right...very few births go 'as planned'. ...and yes, def has to come out!!! Haha!

Moggy-yes we hear about schools for Esther next week too. Although she should get into our first choice as our son already goes there.

The level of care your son has at the moment should carry on in school. I've been told that statement or not we will meet with the school a couple of times and go through what the preschool have been doing with her so that the same things will be done in school.

We heard about school this morning :) We got our first choice so it means should be an easy transition. We are meeting with them a fortnight today to discuss :happydance:

Are you happy with the choice you were allocated Rach?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->